Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Carefree Youth is saying one of our players completed a physical in Portugal and contract will be announced.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm 

4 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Nicolas Tie?

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Bakayoko and Emerson for Theo?

we would have to toss in £10m or so on top of it I fear

I rate Theo at £45 to 50m (it is not fair but COVID doesnt lower the buy price as much as the sell price)

non COVID I would demand £55-60m for Bakayoko + Emerson

BUT COVID knocks that down (plus other factors) to £35m to £40m (trust me, I am NOT happy about that)

PLUS we need to convince Theo to leave, that is the hard hard part, although he is crazy to not want to walk onto a team where he is a lock as the starter as well, and with far more upside atm

strip just the following 4 players off AC Milan and replace them with shite like Bakayoko and Emerson, etc and you break the club's back

this is NOT counting money or remote likelihood

swap (and toss in £80m or so for the 4-way, to grease the skids, as their four are worth at least £80m more than our our 4)

Gianluigi Donnarumma   <<< Kepa
Alessio Romagnoli   <<< AC or Zouma (or both and make the extra cash only £50m)
Theo Hernández <<<< Emerson
Ismaël Bennacer  <<<< Bakayoko <<<< this would allow Rice to mostly be used at CB unless we run a double pivot (a huge plus is that we could dump both Kante and Jorginho if we buy both Rice and Bennacer)

it would destroy AC Milan IMHO, lololol, fix the fuck outta us, but wreck them

plus those salaries they would have to assume would have to be lowered by the players (like Bakayoko is doing)

finally, a HUGE issue is Mino Raiola, as he is the agent for Romagnoli and Donnarumma

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's funny how Theo Hernandez gets mentioned so much on here when we have not even been linked with him once. :lol: 

becuase he is the best remotely available LB, even if the chances of him coming here are pretty slim

I also think he has a large potential to play CB, like his brother

he is bigger, stronger than Lucas as well

Hazard Brothers Become The World Most Expensive Brothers In ...Lucas Hernández y Theo Hernández, su primera entrevista juntos ...

Why don't we get Thiago Silva for a year on a free? He can't be worse then what we have and brings enough experience. Not sure what wages he would be on however.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Valdo said:

Why don't we get Thiago Silva for a year on a free? He can't be worse then what we have and brings enough experience. Not sure what wages he would be on however.

he is probably going to Everton to play for Carlo

1 hour ago, Valdo said:

I wouldnt mind him either. Even if he does not play much he could teach our cbs a thing or two. I am not sure he speaks enlgish tho

Summary:

Havertz is more of when rather than if. Chelsea have all the tools in their hands, they don't have to rush the negotations.

Chelsea regards to Havertz as generational talent. They believe it is an opportunity they can't pass on.

No chance for big GK signing (Oblak etc.) unless Kepa leaves, where Matt believes there is no chance for him to leave permamently.

Matt believes Onana will remain at Ajax this season.

Chilwell is the target for LB. Matt believes that, if Chilwell will not push for the move, it may not happen.

Tagliafico is the backup option, however Matt speculates Frank may want to wait for Chilwell until winter/next summer if he cant get the move this window.

LB > GK > CB is the order in terms of what club wants to do the most.

Matt is confident that the next club of Declan Rice will be Chelsea. However, it may be a really hard deal for this summer as West Ham value him around 65 to 80 million pounds. Speculates that it could be more possible if Jorginho was sold.

Matt believes Chelsea will not buy post-Havertz without sales, as they don't want for ex. 3 leftbacks.

From all CBs, Rudiger is the least possible to leave, due to his injury record and Chelsea's valuation of him. Zouma is the most likely due to interest in him from France and PL rivals. The club feels they do not want to sell Christensen to avoid another KDB-like situation.

22 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:
From all CBs, Rudiger is the least possible to leave, due to his injury record and Chelsea's valuation of him. Zouma is the most likely due to interest in him from France and PL rivals. The club feels they do not want to sell Christensen to avoid another KDB-like situation.

How is Christensen similar to De Bruyne situation?

De Bruyne was moved on without ever getting a fair chance (only two starts in the PL/CL) despite showing in his Werder Bremen loan, his national team performances and in 2013 pre-season that he was a really good creative player. Christensen on the other hand has already played 100 games for Chelsea across three seasons and only ever looked half-decent in the back 3 under Conte and even then his performances got gradually worse as the season went on. Under Sarri/Lampard he's looked like a deer in the headlights of a car.

I do think Christensen could look more solid in a team with better defensive organization but even then he needs his CB-partner to be a physical monster to cover for his own lack of strength and preferably the other CB should also be one with great leadership skills because AC is not a leading defender.

If LB is such a huge priority then surely we can wait another year for Chilwell? Not sure my sanity can take another 6 months to a year of Alonso or Azpi at LB getting roasted repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Summary:

Havertz is more of when rather than if. Chelsea have all the tools in their hands, they don't have to rush the negotations.

Chelsea regards to Havertz as generational talent. They believe it is an opportunity they can't pass on.

No chance for big GK signing (Oblak etc.) unless Kepa leaves, where Matt believes there is no chance for him to leave permamently.

Chilwell is the target for LB. Matt believes that, if Chilwell will not push for the move, it may not happen.

Tagliafico is the backup option, however Matt speculates Frank may want to wait for Chilwell until winter/next summer if he cant get the move this window.

Matt is confident that the next club of Declan Rice will be Chelsea. However, it may be a really hard deal for this summer as West Ham value him around 65 to 80 million pounds. Speculates that it could be more possible if Jorginho was sold.

Matt believes Chelsea will not buy post-Havertz without sales, as they don't want for ex. 3 leftbacks.

I want to go to the alternate universe where we don't spend 100 million on Havertz and actually use that money to buy defenders!

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Summary:

pretty much close to what I think as well, and I simply do not understand the obsession with an £80m Chilwell when Reguilon is £55-60m less

for £80m we should get a 23, 24yo Alaba ffs

and it REALLY is a wee bit of semi-madness to pay the same (or more even) for a 28yo Tagliafico as the 23yo Reguilon will cost

after the 2021-22 season he is 30yo and will quickly crater out, it is dead money, and it isn't like he is remotely WC, and never will be

I will left the Raumdeuter express my sentiments

Of course I didn't mean to do it' - Müller apologises for kicking ...