Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

My first post was not meant to be anything other than a simple repeat of my desire that we buy Predrag. When pushed for stats after that, I delivered the goods. 

As for watching games, it is easy as long as it is a top 10 league. Stream sites and replay sites abound.

I was not targetting you with my post, it was more of a general statement about fans. :P

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

20M is horse shit but in Baka's case im sure we make an exception

so, counting transfer fees in, transfer fees out, wages paid from our end, and loan fees we took in, we take a goddamn roughly £28m net amortised loss on Baka.

SMDH

zzz
 <⌒/ヽ-、___
/<_/____/
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

∧_∧         
   ( ・ω・)     Have we signed any new player?
  _| ⊃/(___  
/ └-(____/ 
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

zzz
 <⌒/ヽ-、___
/<_/____/

So Lampard wants this for next season then?

Onana

James---Tomori---Rice---Chilwell

Kante

Havertz-----Mount

Ziyech----------------Pulisic

Werner

Tomori hasn't been given a look in but I'm not sure of his fitness since the restart.

I doubt Frank sees him in the first 11 next year

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so, counting transfer fees in, transfer fees out, wages paid from our end, and loan fees we took in, we take a goddamn roughly £28m net amortised loss on Baka.

SMDH

Yeah its horrid mate, now we have 1237 other dregs to somehow get rid off.

21 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have a feeling it will be Zouma 

Kante cannot handle to sole holding midfielder role

he only truly functions at a world class level in a double pivot role, with him as the higher up roamer/chaos agent

Rice would be an ideal partner there

but then we still are stuck (unless we buy Lewis Dunk or Matthias Ginter etc etc) with zero vast upgrades at CB

plus it forces a 4 2 3 1

which means Mount or Pulisic out

as does a 4 4 2 double 6 (Havertz and Werner as the 2 strikers)

Kante reallllly needs to be sold unless Lamps is going to completely redo his tactical set and build it around a double pivot (and that ONLY works if we get Rice and use him as one of the two DMF's)

plus it is madness to build around a soon to be 30yo (end of winter/beginning of spring), now so often injured player

other than the 3 impossibles (Kimmich, Casemiro, Rodri) the two best complimentary double pivots we can have on a future forward basis (acknowledging in advance the foibles of the Mount/Puli conundrum that this formational structure entails) would be Rice and Camavinga (do not care about his young age, he has 'Mbappe as a DMF' level skillsets and athleticism), or, more 'now now now' ,Rice and Thomas Partey OR a slight step down in terms of forward thrust play, but even stronger defensively, Rice and Denis Zakaria

the beauty of those 3 partners for Rice is that all 3 CAN also play the sole DMF role as well, if we do indeed phase-shift Rice to CB

I know I sound like a broken record, but if we rely on Kante as the sole defensive stop-block in front of a weak back 4 (especially weak if we cock-up any good moves there), it not only can be doom, it will be doom

I cannot bear to watch another season (made even more frustrating as we will now have all those new shiny toys up front) of a Swiss cheese defence, borne from a lack of impactful upgrades and a reliance on the same old shite players and same old failed tactical schema in terms of deploying those aforementioned dregs and/or square-peg-round-holes

Kante cannot handle to sole holding midfielder role
he only truly functions at a world class level in a double pivot role, with him as the higher up roamer/chaos agent
Rice would be an ideal partner there
but then we still are stuck (unless we buy Lewis Dunk or Matthias Ginter etc etc) with zero vast upgrades at CB
plus it forces a 4 2 3 1
which means Mount or Pulisic out
as does a 4 4 2 double 6 (Havertz and Werner as the 2 strikers)
Kante reallllly needs to be sold unless Lamps is going to completely redo his tactical set and build it around a double pivot (and that ONLY works if we get Rice and use him as one of the two DMF's)
plus it is madness to build around a soon to be 30yo (end of winter/beginning of spring), now so often injured player
other than the 3 impossibles (Kimmich, Casemiro, Rodri) the two best complimentary double pivots we can have on a future forward basis (acknowledging in advance the foibles of the Mount/Puli conundrum that this formational structure entails) would be Rice and Camavinga (do not care about his young age, he has 'Mbappe as a DMF' level skillsets and athleticism), or, more 'now now now' ,Rice and Thomas Partey OR a slight step down in terms of forward thrust play, but even stronger defensively, Rice and Denis Zakaria
the beauty of those 3 partners for Rice is that all 3 CAN also play the sole DMF role as well, if we do indeed phase-shift Rice to CB
I know I sound like a broken record, but if we rely on Kante as the sole defensive stop-block in front of a weak back 4 (especially weak if we cock-up any good moves there), it not only can be doom, it will be doom
I cannot bear to watch another season (made even more frustrating as we will now have all those new shiny toys up front) of a Swiss cheese defence, borne from a lack of impactful upgrades and a reliance on the same old shite players and same old failed tactical schema in terms of deploying those aforementioned dregs and/or square-peg-round-holes
Tbf

Kante Rice

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Werner

Looks well rounded imo. Declan will not be shy to scream at kante or havertz to drop back either lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I’m freaking bored!!!!!! Give me some new signings ffs!!!!!! The awfully silence of last few days really freaks me out.

It's not exactly transfer news but there are rumours that if Kepa leaves in tribute to him the number 1 jersey will be retired.:D

16 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Carefree Youth is saying one of our players completed a physical in Portugal and contract will be announced.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Official: Vitória de Guimarães sign Chelsea youth goalkeeper Nicolas Tié

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/8/1/21350583/official-vitoria-de-guimaraes-sign-chelsea-u18-goalkeeper-nicolas-tie