Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Really does feel exactly like Saul. A midfielder who will never even see the pitch when the injury situation improves. 

What a fucking waste. At least Alvarez was a key cog in a successful team. Juve are probably thanking their lucky stars if they can dump Zaharia on us.

5 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

Sell another young player and start looking for a midfielder now…

Tuchel having full control over transfers is going wonderful so far. 

Duh. You can see why he got into conflict with the boards at PSG and BVB. They probably thought he was on cocaine or worse with his insane, idiotic and downright stupid targets. 

Can't wait to be rid off him 

Wouldn't be against Zakaria, the Juventus move hasn't worked out but he was very good in Germany. Sometimes teams, leagues, etc just don't suit players.

A loan will hopefully fill a gap and need in the squad, but without adding someone in a panic capacity where we're potentially stuck with them for the next 2, 3, 4 seasons. Just imagine if we'd bought Saul instead of loaning him! If he does well here then we have the chance to sign him permanently next season, probably for an extremely competitive price.

I'm not against this move at this stage of the window. It's pretty clear we're not 'that' sold on the likes of Alvarez and Sangare otherwise we'd have moved for them earlier in the window so if that's the case why drop £35-40m on either of them. 

There's also been talk today of us offering Depay a one year contract if Barca are willing to sanction him a free transfer. Similarly I'm not fully sold on Depay, I don't think he's the answer long term but as a short term option given how poor our attack looks at present, I wouldn't be against it. If he did well then offer him an extension, and if he struggled then we wave him away next summer.

People are losing their mind over us selling Gilmour but his profile isn't going to help us stop getting overrun in midfield when Kante and Kova are out. I genuinely think a team like Brighton might well be his level, I don't believe Chelsea is.

I mean you get what you deserve. Midfield was a glaring issue for years and it was made incredibly apparent last season. Completely ignored by Tuchel. 

Strap in lads. Going to be a loooooooooooooooong season, particularly when, not if, when Kovacic and Kante aren't available for the majority of it. 

So we’ll end with 4 really great buys (Cucu, Sterling, KK, and Fofana) and potentially 3 really, really strange and potentially poor ones (Auba, Zaharia, Depay)?

Not the disaster many are saying but this deadline day will leave a sour taste after the start to the season we’ve had.