Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Something I think the club should be seriously considering this season if they are looking to allow a couple of players on loan such as Chalobah, Hudson Odoi, Pulisic is to only let them leave for now until the January transfer window.

With the World Cup this winter, the season is essentially going to be treated as two halves. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that we are likely to have comfortably the most players at the world cup with around 20. This has to be under consideration for the club and should make us reluctant to let players leave for the full season. We only saw last season with Chilwell's injury how one or two can go towards derailing plans and leaving us light in areas. Although we have a largely versatile squad you still want to retain the numbers as the season runs deep.

The World Cup could throw up all sorts of problems for us - injuries, fatigue, loss of form/confidence. We need to try and ensure we protect ourselves a little bit more than maybe we usually might need to.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Something I think the club should be seriously considering this season if they are looking to allow a couple of players on loan such as Chalobah, Hudson Odoi, Pulisic is to only let them leave for now until the January transfer window.

With the World Cup this winter, the season is essentially going to be treated as two halves. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that we are likely to have comfortably the most players at the world cup with around 20. This has to be under consideration for the club and should make us reluctant to let players leave for the full season. We only saw last season with Chilwell's injury how one or two can go towards derailing plans and leaving us light in areas. Although we have a largely versatile squad you still want to retain the numbers as the season runs deep.

The World Cup could throw up all sorts of problems for us - injuries, fatigue, loss of form/confidence. We need to try and ensure we protect ourselves a little bit more than maybe we usually might need to.

Correct. We will most likely have the most players there just like last time, so I understand us loaning out more players for gametime. The season run-in will be extra hard on us as a consequence. I really hope our new board is smart enough to anticipate this. It makes however no real sense to loan out players who are unlikely to feature in the WC anyway such as CHO, Trev, Ziyech or players who will be playing even if they only sit in the stands for us till winter such as pulisic. 

Honestly, I would prefer no more loans for players with a realistic chance to help us at all. Get rid of the deadwood but none more of the others.

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Correct. We will most likely have the most players there just like last time, so I understand us loaning out more players for gametime. The season run-in will be extra hard on us as a consequence. I really hope our new board is smart enough to anticipate this. It makes however no real sense to loan out players who are unlikely to feature in the WC anyway such as CHO, Trev, Ziyech or players who will be playing even if they only sit in the stands for us till winter such as pulisic. 

Honestly, I would prefer no more loans for players with a realistic chance to help us at all. Get rid of the deadwood but none more of the others.

It's the second half of the season I'm more concerned about. Even if we suffered a couple of injuries I think we can push through the first half of the season which is only going to be a shortened period anyway. I can see the second half being a real slog though if we go deep in most competitions and are in some sort of push for places in the league, whether its challenging the title or top 4 race.

I'm not against some players like CHO and Trev and even Pulisic going on loan. The World Cup isn't going to be the only driver for some players, some will simply just want to make sure they're playing.

But the club need to be smart this season and either only loan until January and revisit the situation then whether to extend the loan or bring players back, or they include break clauses into the deal to allow us to cancel in January. Last Jan when we wanted to bring Emerson back to replace Chilwell we couldn't. There should be no reason why, as an example, we can't offer out for Trev and want a £3-5m loan fee for the season, but if we decide to operate the break clause in January then no loan fee is paid for the whole season. It gives us control over the second half of the season but also fairly compensates the loaning club if they lose a player mid season.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

If De Jong was moving I think it would’ve happened long ago. Think it’s pretty crystal clear that he’s staying.

They’ll send us Auba, Memphis will go, and that’ll then allow them to sign Alonso and register Koundé. FdJ will stay put.

Agree

Auba is such a panic buy if we pay anything substantial for him.

I can't see him fitting in our system at all and he's easily disinterested if he's not getting a lot of scoring chances. At 33 he'll be expected to press and play as a lone striker. Don't see that boding well with his ego.

Why can't tuchel just give Broja a chance? Part of a managers job is to instill confidence and help young players take that next step...

A 30 yr old Aubameyang, I could see some sense in getting.

But at 33 years of age, he's going to be far less effective in this league. He won't have the pressing energy of Werner/Havertz. And is he okay with being a squad option?

Would be just better to ask for a loan move, instead of a full fledged transfer.

Are we really going to stick with him past this season?

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

A 30 yr old Aubameyang, I could see some sense in getting.

But at 33 years of age, he's going to be far less effective in this league. He won't have the pressing energy of Werner/Havertz. And is he okay with being a squad option?

Would be just better to ask for a loan move, instead of a full fledged transfer.

Are we really going to stick with him past this season?

You think Barca would allow this? They want to get rid his wage lol.

1 hour ago, shrenshah said:

Koulibaly at 31 seemed like a bad transfer but i could be wrong

Auba at 33 is crazy..rather get goals guranteed ronaldo

There's a reason why literally all the top coaches in Europe stayed clear of Ronaldo this summer. I don't want him even if he has a 20-goal season - it would be at a great cost to the team set up. Ronaldo may have scored 18 goals last season but United collectively scored much lesser than the season before - despite adding Sancho, Varane and in general having a better team. He just doesn't press and we've watched this with Lukaku last year - cannot take more of it

r/soccer - Pressures per 90 among Premier League forwards with a minimum of 270 minutes played in 21/22 [The Athletic, stats from Statsbomb via FBref]

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If we consider Trev only capable of palying RCB and bring in Fofana, fine we can loan him but that still does not help us with us with the problem at ccb and lcb.

Didn't Trev play mostly LCB on loan at Lorient? I could be wrong.

15 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

I have not? 

I have proven that Lukaku is one of the best goal scorers around and definitely has a better track record than auba in the near past 

I have proven that my nick has got nothing to do with my opinion as you had so vehemently suggested in your first take.

At the end of it all, nothing, nothing makes sense about this transfer. It's one problem for another. Both players were good strikers (one of them still in prime, another definitely past it). One of them of 30 years old, another 33 and relies far more on pace. Giving auba a 3 year deal while paying him astronomical wages as well as paying Barca 30m€ and helping them in their crisis is one of the instances of the worst pieces of business out there in the footballing world. 

Also, i would really like to know your source. Because as per transfermarkt, auba has scored only 68 PL goals. So need to check your facts BEFORE doing any maths mate.

My problem with your opinion is your saying lukaku is in his prime? 100m striker that scored 8 goals last season!! If that's his prime then fml not to mention the fact he didn't want to be hear. I don't 100% agree with the auba signing but, and it's a big BUT if TT can get him firing he will guarantee goals there is no denying that. His legs might not be what they used to be but have you actually watched us play? We camp in the opposition half, we aint the counter attacking side we used to be, we pile men forward and dominate the oppositions half she he doesn't need that pace he once had, we are after him for his finishing which none can deny is brilliant he's also a very smart player in and around the box, he will press he can pass and he's good in the air. Yes the price is high but we have just paid 62m for a LWB. We need goals to come from somewhere and I can tell you kai havertz is not the answer, Mount and sterling will get goals but not enough. Ronaldo is a deffo no no he's a moody arrogant cunt he's also older than auba and won't cost much less. I no you are not a fan of auba can you honestly say in this team and the way we play he won't score more than lukaku did with only 8 goals? 

Wonder what happens with Kai if we sign Auba. And likewise Broja’s desire to stay. At 33, Auba will surely only move here if he’s promised a starting role and to be the main man. Otherwise, why leave Barca? If he’s going to be rotated all the time and be a squad player he may as well do that in sunny Barcelona.

Of course when you’re at a huge club you expect competition for your place, but Kai was probably thinking to himself “finally, I have the chance to be the main man up front with Lukaku gone,” and now he’ll be riding the bench more often than not?