Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

What about thses little gems...

Chelsea have agreed personal terms with 21-year-old France defender Wesley Fofana but have had two bids rejected by Leicester City, who want more than £80m. (Mail Online) 

Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25, and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 33, could also be on their way to Stamford Bridge, with Chelsea leading the race for the Barcelona players. (Express Online)

However, De Jong has told his Barcelona team-mates he is now likely to sign for Manchester United instead. (Metro)

7 hours ago, JDY said:

@Vesper Thoughts on Goncalo Ramos?

waive €35m (£29.5m) in their face and see if Benfica bite

we are fucking morons, as we could have had Hugo Ekitiké for the same price (when add-ons and his loan fee are included, along with the mandatory buy price)

10 hours ago, Mário César said:

lol, they are saying how young he is and can grow into it

the bloke is 26 in a few months, right at the end of autumn, it wasn't like they bought a 17yo Vini Jr let alone a 13yo Pessi

it is like some of these numpty Brit presenters, still calling RLC a youthful project when he turns 27 in 5 months

if RLC doesn't prove how time flies at elite club football level nothing does, he only has 2 full sub 30yo seasons left after this one, and Raphinha only 3

A worry I always had about Boehly was that given his yank baseball background, he might tend to think a tonne of footie players extend peak years well into their 30's, even late 30's, like a shedload of  baseball players do.

10 hours ago, whats happening said:

neymar first 3 games this season 5 goals 3 assists 

remember when people here were calling him washed and bad and etc...

I said two main things about Neymar

we would NEVER pay that insane salary (71m euros (£60m) gross this season, going to a peak of 80m (£68m) euros gross next season, due to his new contract extension singed a year ago)

he can easily become clubhouse poison

can you imagine Neymar with the London press, especially if he has a dry patch or he gets into nightlife drama here?

10 hours ago, whats happening said:

neymar first 3 games this season 5 goals 3 assists 

remember when people here were calling him washed and bad and etc...

Tension at PSG? Neymar likes tweet criticising Mbappe

https://www.marca.com/en/football/psg/2022/08/14/62f8b4ade2704e44378b45b0.html

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It is being authoritatively reported in Sweden that midfielder Jelena Cankovic is joining Chelsea from Rosengard FC. So far this summer The Blues have recruited one prospect and four first team ready players. This latest arrival would be a fifth newcomer likely to be first choice at Kingsmeadow. Emma Hayes is definitely not messing about. These additions represent a challenge for the rest of  of the WSL and will give Lyon and Barcelona plenty to think about in the Champions League too.

Čanković is an assist machine

9 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Barcelona has rejected Chelsea's first offer of €14m for Aubameyang. Barca have told Chelsea they will only accept a fee over €20m. Chelsea also willing to pay Aubameyang double of what he earns in Spain.

they can FOAD

why the fuck should we cough up near on £20m or so for a 33yo player they got on a free half a year ago!?

plus they desperately need his salary off the books

Fuck barca (@fuckbarca123) / Twitter

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I really don’t know how to feel about Auba. 

I know that a Barca 'wear the shirt for 4 months' tax of closing in on 20m just in a t-fee (plus double his Barca salary) is 'kiss my scrawny brown arse' territory

the bloke is 33yo ffs and ARSENAL dumped him

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I know that a Barca 'wear the shirt for 4 months' tax of closing in on 20m just in a t-fee (plus double his Barca salary) is 'kiss my scrawny brown arse' territory

the bloke is 33yo ffs and ARSENAL dumped him

Yeah, every warning sign is flashing with this potential deal. But then when I try to justify it to myself I think about how Tuchel worked with him before and had a great relationship with him. And also feel like we’d be in serious trouble if we’re relying on Havertz up top all season with only Broja as our only actual striker in the squad.

For the reported £20m price it just feels really ill advised. If we were getting him for a tiny fee (like sub £10m) and on a 1 year deal + option for a further year I’d say it’s worth a punt. But £20m plus a huge salary? Hell no.

What’s the deal with that gigantic dude from Germany that we were linked with a while ago? Can we not try for him?