Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

With Leicester saying £70m-£80m for Fofana, remember they wanted £80m for Chilly and we paid £50m.

We don't have Marina anymore, remember so far Boehly doesn't seems doing any haggling and just offered what other clubs want.

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

We don't have Marina anymore, remember so far Boehly doesn't seems doing any haggling and just offered what other clubs want.

Was also on his last year wasn't he? Not to mention he was pushing for a move. 

No, this will be difficult and Leicester honestly have every right to value something astronomical. 

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Of all the Spurs/Arsenal signings the only ones I'd definitely take for our squad are Jesus and Perisic, and of them only the former would be in competition to be a starter player and the other just a decent backup for Chilwell.

I would definitely take Jesus, Zinchenko and Bissouma. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Was also on his last year wasn't he? Not to mention he was pushing for a move. 

No, this will be difficult and Leicester honestly have every right to value something astronomical. 

No, Chilwell still had 4 years to run on his contract. Leicester accepted a 50m offer after finding out City aren't bidding.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

2 of which improve us immensely. 

I take it you mean Jesus and Bissouma? I would have also REALLY liked Zinchenko, would have been the perfect cover for that left side and even midfield. Him and Sterling together, graduates from Pep school, would have had instant understanding with each other too. I think le Arse really made two terrific signings.

This Athletic article from last week says that to sign players, Leicester need to sell first. The club committed £100million in funding for their new training ground at Seagrave, while also pushing through ambitious plans to redevelop King Power Stadium and the surrounding area.

Castagne, Tielemans, Schmeichel, Dennis Praet were the ones they were hoping to sell but they have not got offers. 

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

I would definitely take Jesus, Zinchenko and Bissouma. 

Zinchenko would have been a good backup for Chilwell at LWB, just like Perisic would have been. I don't think he would've gotten a game in midfield ahead of Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic/Gallagher.

Bissouma would have been a pointless signing. We already have more than enough depth there and he's not a clear improvement on any of our current midfield options, although for sure he'd have been a more long-term player compared to Jorginho/Kante. For our next CM/DM signing to replace Jorgi/Kante I'd like to think the club should aim for a higher standard than the likes of Bissouma.

Jesus I'll give you, he'd have been a good signing for us too.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Sounds about right i expect Fofana will cost around £70m-£80m considering he just signed a new extension.

For sure. If he hadn't signed a new contract just four months ago, he'd probably have been available for £50-60M at most but with a contract till 2027 Leicester hold all the cards and will definitely demand close to 'Maguire money' for him.

Before his leg break he was well on his way to becoming a world class player. I'm not a doctor but a leg break probably isn't as bad as a bad knee injury or a muscle tear as long as the bone has healed properly so maybe it won't be a big concern?

If Fofana is made available by Leicester and the club get enough medical records to make sure he's made a full recovery from his injury, I wouldn't mind having a go at him even if the asking price is a lot. Having a fully fit Fofana at his 2021 level would be a huge asset to the team.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

For sure. If he hadn't signed a new contract just four months ago, he'd probably have been available for £50-60M at most but with a contract till 2027 Leicester hold all the cards and will definitely demand close to 'Maguire money' for him.

Before his leg break he was well on his way to becoming a world class player. I'm not a doctor but a leg break probably isn't as bad as a bad knee injury or a muscle tear as long as the bone has healed properly so maybe it won't be a big concern?

If Fofana is made available by Leicester and the club get enough medical records to make sure he's made a full recovery from his injury, I wouldn't mind having a go at him even if the asking price is a lot. Having a fully fit Fofana at his 2021 level would be a huge asset to the team.

How was he in the games post his return last season do you (or anyone) know?

I know I probably sound like a broken record and in this instance I think Leicester paid about £35m for him originally, but once again it's another player who was highly rated and I'm pretty certain on our radar before he joined Leicester.

I know you can't buy everyone (seemingly unless you're Barcelona) but I feel the best way of rebuilding key areas of this squad as a whole, we need to be better with spotting some potentially top players and snapping them up before they end up at bigger clubs and more established with massive transfer fees. It benefitted Liverpool in their early developments under Klopp by picking up some players in this way like Robertson, Mane, Matip. 

Can't expect Boehly to be doing this straight away because it's not been our policy for years but it's definitely something I'd like to see us focus on moving forward with regards to scouting.

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

Agree. Not getting my hopes up but if there is a possibility, I would pay Kounde money for him

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I know I probably sound like a broken record and in this instance I think Leicester paid about £35m for him originally, but once again it's another player who was highly rated and I'm pretty certain on our radar before he joined Leicester.

I know you can't buy everyone (seemingly unless you're Barcelona) but I feel the best way of rebuilding key areas of this squad as a whole, we need to be better with spotting some potentially top players and snapping them up before they end up at bigger clubs and more established with massive transfer fees. It benefitted Liverpool in their early developments under Klopp by picking up some players in this way like Robertson, Mane, Matip. 

Can't expect Boehly to be doing this straight away because it's not been our policy for years but it's definitely something I'd like to see us focus on moving forward with regards to scouting.

The success is credit to Klopp, he is the best at getting the most out of players. He has numerous examples at Dortmund and Liverpool.

Edited by Clockwork