Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm sure they will find some way around it, but it would be hilarious if they're in a position where they can't register all of them and have to pick and choose who they can add to the squad for La Liga.

Maybe they will have the nice life of only playing Champions League games

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm sure they will find some way around it, but it would be hilarious if they're in a position where they can't register all of them and have to pick and choose who they can add to the squad for La Liga.

Plus we should do nothing about it, surely not taking frenkie off them to facilitate their survival. 
would be fun if raphinhas contract is then terminated and he will be free agent 

not even sure we would need him. He is not exactly creative either is he. 9 assist in 100 Barca games

also I read he has accepted a salary cut to be able to stay there…

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I SO hope that De Jong fucks them, they so deserve it.

24 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Anyone may explain what the (logical) reason why de jong, could actually like and have strong desire to join us?

Our current team not in strong condition to challenge for big title. Need a lot to rebuild, 
And also I assume, de jong thrive when play in possesion based team who play fluid football.
But our team don't have that atm.

This team doesn't play expansive/exciting football as good as the other elite club like (barca, bayern, liverpool, city).
We are actually one of the poorer team when having possesion.
Lacking quality player and lacking team structure to know what to do with the ball, a bit dysjoint attaking play, slow build up, etc.

Or simply just ignore every de jong rumours, because those rumours just completely non sense?

I take it as that:

- FDJ would prefer to stay in Barca

- but if Barca force him out than two clubs intersted in him is us and Man Utd (I don't know why Bayern is not interested, propably don't want to overpay for him)

- so it's us vs Man Utd - both clubs need rebuild, Man Utd has as many holes as us, had bad season, new coach etc, so it's not like they are stable great project (maybe next year it will be different if Ten Hag will stabilise things up). And propably the biggest advantage for us this season is that we have CL.

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Plus we should do nothing about it, surely not taking frenkie off them to facilitate their survival. 
would be fun if raphinhas contract is then terminated and he will be free agent 

not even sure we would need him. He is not exactly creative either is he. 9 assist in 100 Barca games

also I read he has accepted a salary cut to be able to stay there…

The funny thing is if that situation really did happen, Barca would probably have to realistically loan the player out for a season and have their wages covered and a small loan fee to cover overall costs.

Just imagine the scenes if they had to loan us Raphinha or Kounde for a year 😂

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I bet you anything that even our current players are wondering to themselves what’s going on and they know we haven’t strengthened nearly as much as some of our rivals.

Another day where it doesn’t look like there’s any movement. 

Have we done great in terms of getting close to the big two? Probably not. But I'm really not getting the hype over the North London duo (Spurs i sort of get because of Conte but that's about it). 

Most of the signings they've made would have caused a meltdown here, especially if K2 ended up in one of those places.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Have we done great in terms of getting close to the big two? Probably not. But I'm really not getting the hype over the North London duo (Spurs i sort of get because of Conte but that's about it). 

Most of the signings they've made would have caused a meltdown here, especially if K2 ended up in one of those places.

It just feels like we’re going into the season super undercooked at the moment. Spuds, Arse, and United haven’t made any spectacular signings or anything but they’ve all improved significantly on paper.

Tuchel and many of our players have been talking about cutting the gap to the top 2 for a while now. They’re probably wondering like we are how we’re down to under 2 weeks until PL kickoff and have basically treaded water, if not taken a slight step back.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They've both made some good signings but also some pretty average signings but it's being hyped up by the activity of both.

I think Jesus to be honest is a cracking signing for Arsenal and could be quite a big difference in where they might finish this season as they didn't have a consistent goal scorer last year and if he can fill that spot it'll improve them. But overall the rest of their signings are fairly 'meh'.

Spurs, I personally would have loved Perisic and Spence but as rotational backups to Chilwell and James. Those additions to Spurs don't trump what we already had. I do like Bissouma though I think he's a good signing although I'm not sure he's as suited to Conte's style as what they already had in Bentancur and Hojberg. The others like Richarlison and Lenglet though I think are bang average buys.

I'm extremely happy with the two players we've signed. In my opinion if neither are in the world class category, they're both only a level down and walk into our team as upgrades. It would just be nice to have had a couple more in that bracket to have arrived as I think then that would be the difference for most fans between pessimism of fighting for top 4 and optimism pushing the two above us.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Exactly.

For Spurs getting the likes of Richarlison, Bissouma, Perisic and Lenglet does wonders for their squad depth but I wouldn't say any of their new signings really improve their best XI. Last season Spurs managed to get decent results even with shit rotational players because the only played in the Conference League and didn't even take it seriously but if they're going to want to do well in both the PL as well as the UCL their key players are going to have a lot more match load and getting these good depth signings was the least they could do. Conte is an excellent manager and having him for the full year instead of joining mid-season will be a much bigger impact than any new signing so they are definitely a threat.

As for Arsenal they replaced Lacazette with Jesus which I definitely consider an upgrade and Saliba returning from loan is an interesting one that can potentially improve their XI but the other incomings (Zinchenko, Fabio Vieira) are just more depth. Like their North London rivals, Arsenal too were in desperate need of squad depth with the return of European football this season. Even with the addition of these depth signings, will they do better in the league after adding another 8-12 European games to their match calendar or will the increased match load turn into a negative for their EPL form because their key players start getting more tired and get more injuries?

Of all the Spurs/Arsenal signings the only ones I'd definitely take for our squad are Jesus and Perisic, and of them only the former would be in competition to be a starter player and the other just a decent backup for Chilwell.