Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Surgery is surgery and both of them had it. Funnily enough one already recovered from it, played again and was alright whereas the other just had it and we don't know how he is. Also how exactly was his surgery so minor when he needed 4 weeks to recover from his pelvis.

My point is people talk about Fofana's injury as if he didn't came back already and was already delivering the goods against us thus him being a target for us but the same people we're all desperate and joyful out of a sudden for Kounde to come in despite needing a surgery just a few weeks ago.

"Surgery is surgery"

That's like saying a nose job from a plastic surgeon is comparative to an open heart surgery, right?

2 hours ago, Kong said:

When some 1 describes a CB as nothing special aside his passing that's surely a red flag! Surely DEFENDING should be his something special no?

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Breaking a high press is a big form of defending in this modern game.

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Breaking a high press is a big form of defending in this modern game.

That would still come under the category defending lol. 100% I'd rather have a big strong bastard who can throw these little strikers of the ball, put in strong challenges and have an presence in the air than just some 1 who can pass a ball.

Edited by Kong

53 minutes ago, Kong said:

That would still come under the category defending lol. 100% I'd rather have a big strong bastard who can throw these little strikers of the ball, put in strong challenges and have an presence in the air than just some 1 who can pass a ball.

You just basically described Kurt Zouma and he was sold because those attributes didn't make him a good enough defender for what Tuchel and pretty much every modern top manager wants from his defenders.

If a team is looking to control the game and rarely needs to have defenders pull some last ditch tackles or constantly clearing crosses in the air, having a defender who's 10/10 in defending and 6/10 with the ball on his feet is nowadays considered worse than someone who's a solid 8/10 at both. 

That's not me saying anything about Pau Torres btw, just a general observation.

Edited by Jype

Fofana looks a real talent, but do have to keep a little eye on his injury record beyond that leg break.

Season before that I think he missed around 8 - 10 games for Leicester and the season before that in France he missed 10 - 12 games too.

As a developing young player he's likely to pick up small strains and niggles, etc but it is something to just consider.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

You just basically described Kurt Zouma and he was sold because those attributes didn't make him a good enough defender for what Tuchel and pretty much every modern top manager wants from his defenders.

If a team is looking to control the game and rarely needs to have defenders pull some last ditch tackles or constantly clearing crosses in the air, having a defender who's 10/10 in defending and 6/10 with the ball on his feet is nowadays considered worse than someone who's a solid 8/10 at both. 

I would agree. The question is Pau Torres 8/10 in both or is he in the opposite category where he's 10/10 on the ball but only 6/10 defending?

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I would agree. The question is Pau Torres 8/10 in both or is he in the opposite category where he's 10/10 on the ball but only 6/10 defending?

Yeah I just edited my post to say it was not meant to be about Pau Torres but rather just an observation. I don't know Torres enough to say where I would rate his skills both in defending and as a ball player.

I bet you anything that even our current players are wondering to themselves what’s going on and they know we haven’t strengthened nearly as much as some of our rivals.

Another day where it doesn’t look like there’s any movement. 

57 minutes ago, Kong said:

Most of those profile of defenders play for the West Brom's and Stoke's of this world.

Look at City for example, apart from maybe Dias those defenders and keepers are relatively vulnerable 1 vs 1 but barely ever get exploited because they prevent well getting into those situations in the first place.

34 minutes ago, Jype said:

That's not me saying anything about Pau Torres btw, just a general observation.

That's fine and we'll but for my personal preference defending always should come first priority then how good you are on the ball after. Never the other way round.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Most of those profile of defenders play for the West Brom's and Stoke's of this world.

Look at City for example, apart from maybe Dias those defenders and keepers are relatively vulnerable 1 vs 1 but barely ever get exploited because they prevent well getting into those situations in the first place.

I've bascally described our new Koulibaly to tee and he also can play the ball. Again your right dias is another brilliant defender. Silva aswell to an extent Rudiger was also in that category flip side AC was the ball playing centre half and 9/10 times had us pulling our hair out.

Scrolling through the comments wheter there are some interesting rumours and current topics are etomology of surgery and power ranking USA presidents.. 

Can’t wait PL start…

Pau Torres just looks bang average to me. And Badiashile looks worse than average. 

Torres I would take as a last resort panic buy but I’d rather not buy anyone and stick with Chalobah as a starter than blow money on Badiashile.

But I hope it hasn’t reached that desperate phase yet. Let us pray that we’re still after the top guys remaining like Skriniar, Gvardiol, or Fofana.

4 hours ago, Marvin123 said:

Can we stick to transfer news or rumours please

I really enjoyed reading @Vesper's post, had my say, then really enjoyed reading @Magic Lamps comments but I knew we were in for a telling off. 🙂

Back to the football it is.✔️

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Wouldn't I just love this fuck manure and brokeelona in one fell swoop🙌

Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong would only leave Barcelona for Chelsea but the London club are not prepared to pay as much as Manchester United for the 25-year-old. (Sport - in Spanish)

Anyone may explain what the (logical) reason why de jong, could actually like and have strong desire to join us?

Our current team not in strong condition to challenge for big title. Need a lot to rebuild, 
And also I assume, de jong thrive when play in possesion based team who play fluid football.
But our team don't have that atm.

This team doesn't play expansive/exciting football as good as the other elite club like (barca, bayern, liverpool, city).
We are actually one of the poorer team when having possesion.
Lacking quality player and lacking team structure to know what to do with the ball, a bit dysjoint attaking play, slow build up, etc.

Or simply just ignore every de jong rumours, because those rumours just completely non sense?

Edited by dimmas