Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

KOUNDE   SILVA   KK

JAMES                              CHILLY

That's a fucking brick wall. 

If only the LWB/RWB backup options weren't so dreadful 🙃

20 minutes ago, Artandur said:

"Chelsea now fighting for Armando" do people really buy this nonsense? I mean, he is making it sound like TB/the club where happy to sell then woke up yesterday morning in a cold sweat and decided to change position. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

"Chelsea now fighting for Armando" do people really buy this nonsense? I mean, he is making it sound like TB/the club where happy to sell then woke up yesterday morning in a cold sweat and decided to change position. 

Fabrizio saw the Tuchel interview and then woke up in a cold sweat and decided to change his story. 

I think Kounde would be being bought in mind that he can also fill in at right back/right wing back and cover the entire right side of that backline much in the same way that Reece can. He will essentially be replacing Azpi and his versatility to fill those spots.

Left wing back is a different story. Alonso proved last season he can't be relied upon as first choice across a season but he's still much better than Emerson. Chilwell's injury last season definitely highlights that we need genuine quality in that position to rotate with him. I'd love to bring Raum in personally.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I think Kounde would be being bought in mind that he can also fill in at right back/right wing back and cover the entire right side of that backline much in the same way that Reece can. He will essentially be replacing Azpi and his versatility to fill those spots.

Left wing back is a different story. Alonso proved last season he can't be relied upon as first choice across a season but he's still much better than Emerson. Chilwell's injury last season definitely highlights that we need genuine quality in that position to rotate with him. I'd love to bring Raum in personally.

Tbh Kounde was always dreadful with France when Deschamps put him as a RB/RWB.

13 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Tbh Kounde was always dreadful with France when Deschamps put him as a RB/RWB.

He's significantly more suited to playing in the RCB role I would agree.

But I get the impression he is being bought for that Azpi role across the whole right side of the defence.

3 hours ago, Artandur said:

The same was reported for Nkunku though, which turned out to be false. Not really trusting those reports yet

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm probably one of the few here who didn't know that. Good info. Thank you.

His release clause for 2023 is at least €50m, perhaps much higher

DVA VELIKANA LOVE JOŠKA GVARDIOLA, ALI ON KREĆE DRUGIM PUTEM! EVO ŠTO JE ODLUČILA ZVIJEZDA VATRENIH
Gvardiol je u dogovoru s obitelji i agentom ispravno procijenio kako mu se sa 20 godina nigdje ne žuri

TWO GIANTS ARE CHASING JOŠKO GUARDIOLA, BUT HE IS GOING THE OTHER WAY! HERE'S WHAT THE FIRE STAR DECIDED
Guardiol, in agreement with his family and agent, correctly assessed that he is in no rush at the age of 20

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogomet/bundesliga/dva-velikana-love-joska-gvardiola-ali-on-krece-drugim-putem-evo-sto-je-odlucila-zvijezda-vatrenih-15215039

The hunt for Joško Guardiola does not stop . Although he expressed his desire to be a member of RB Leipzig for one more season, English clubs, among which Chelsea and Tottenham are leading, strongly want to bring the young Croatian stopper and build the future on him.

Today, the news spread that Antonio Conte is ready to allocate significant funds to bring him to Tottenham, but according to the information available to Jutarnji list, he will have to wait until next summer. According to JL, Guardiol should soon sign a new contract with the German club, and according to the wording of that contract, Guardiol should receive a raise, as well as a fixed clause on the basis of which he will be able to leave Leipzig next summer. The amount is not yet known, but it will certainly be over 50 million euros.

Guardiol, in agreement with his family and agent Marjan Šišić, correctly assessed that at the age of 20, he is not in a hurry, and Leipzig offers him enough room for improvement, minutes, as well as playing in the Champions League next season. And the World Cup is approaching soon.

After all that, Guardiol, as a more complete player, will be able to choose where he will go next summer, there is no doubt about that...

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

As a wingback option, I'd sign him up

Him or cornet would be interesting as budget options for backup

But we usually don’t do these kind of deals 

looks like as long as we have so many left backs at the club we will not be buying another one 

27 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Him or cornet would be interesting as budget options for backup

But we usually don’t do these kind of deals 

looks like as long as we have so many left backs at the club we will not be buying another one 

Cornet is a really good player. I would be quite happy with him as a back up WB. 

However, we aren’t doing anything at LWB until Alonso and Emerson are sold.