Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Barcelona and Chelsea are in direct contact with new round of talks now scheduled to discuss about César Azpilicueta. Barça want to speed up the negotiation. 🚨🔵🔴 #FCB

Azpi, waiting for club’s agreement as Barça contract proposal is into his hands since March: deal until 2024.

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea close to agreeing fee for Jules Koundé but may face competition from Barcelona. Story by @JacobSteinberg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/19/Chelsea-close-in-on-60m-deal-for-sevillas-jules-kounde?CMP=share_btn_tw

No!... Really..  Jacob is 3 weeks late with his news 🙄🙄🙄

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Barcelona and Chelsea are in direct contact with new round of talks now scheduled to discuss about César Azpilicueta. Barça want to speed up the negotiation. 🚨🔵🔴 #FCB

Azpi, waiting for club’s agreement as Barça contract proposal is into his hands since March: deal until 2024.

Ironically our willingness to let Azpi leave probably hinges on beating Barca to signing Kounde as he can fill those areas centrally and on the right hand side that Azpi currently does.

Oh, ffs. Normally “advanced negotiations and fee agreed” are exciting words that get your pants down and the lotion ready.

But with these Catalan bastards sniffing around every target we go after it means nothing. Now we look like idiots once again if he chooses Barca and Chelsea becomes a laughing stock for having them beat us to 3-4 signings in the span of a week.

Our best hope I guess is that Sevilla may prefer not to sell him to a domestic “rival.”

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In the eyes of Gavridol, and of his people, he's 'above' Chelsea level as he sees that level. I'd bet a lot of money that he already has his heart set on moving somewhere else. He certainly isn't going to commit to a 2023 move to Chelsea at this stage. If he doesn't feel he's done enough yet to catch the eye of one of his preferred destinations, he'll wait and aim to do that by Jan/June next year.

The only way we get him is if, in twelve months time, none of his preferred teams make an offer. Of course, in that situation, we need to consider carefully if we should.

We are currently World Champions and won the CL, just over 12 months ago. It's a weird time when such titles aren't enough to entice the best players.

I guess this summer is an odd one for us, all things considered, and might put some off. We have to hope we're successful on the pitch over the next 12 months and at least are able to put our hat in the ring, so to speak, for elite talent rather than a repeat of this year's window.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We are currently World Champions and won the CL, just over 12 months ago. It's a weird time when such titles aren't enough to entice the best players.

I guess this summer is an odd one for us, all things considered, and might put some off. We have to hope we're successful on the pitch over the next 12 months and at least are able to put our hat in the ring, so to speak, for elite talent rather than a repeat of this year's window.

Whilst it's hard to compete with the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern anyway, the situation over the last 6 months have had a far greater effect than people are realising. 

I've mentioned before that a lot of big deals are prepped months in advance, with agents and players sounded out in good time to gauge their interest in a move. Many players have young families to also consider when making moves, especially from teams abroad. We were already so far behind with the sanctions and having to play catch up.

City had already confirmed Haaland and Liverpool signed Nunez and Spurs Perisic within a couple of days of our takeover being completed. 

I think for some players they may want to see what happens with our club first. Will we continue to invest and challenge for trophies? Will there be a culture shift with regards to a longer term plan with managers, players, etc? I think the club realistically needs this coming season to be able to put longer term plans in place behind the scenes with regards to scouting, recruitment, etc.

In fairness I think our signings so far have been extremely solid. If Kounde joins too, we'll have added three new players who are all first teamers which for me is the most important way to try and squad plan as efficiently as possible. Unless there is a real quality deal with regards to value for money (i.e. a free transfer) or a younger player not quite ready to start but the potential is clear to get to that position, then we should be relying on the academy in my opinion to provide the squad depth in the backup roles. Players like Ampadu, Colwill, Broja could still well fulfil this role this coming season.

27 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst it's hard to compete with the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern anyway, the situation over the last 6 months have had a far greater effect than people are realising. 

I've mentioned before that a lot of big deals are prepped months in advance, with agents and players sounded out in good time to gauge their interest in a move. Many players have young families to also consider when making moves, especially from teams abroad. We were already so far behind with the sanctions and having to play catch up.

City had already confirmed Haaland and Liverpool signed Nunez and Spurs Perisic within a couple of days of our takeover being completed. 

I think for some players they may want to see what happens with our club first. Will we continue to invest and challenge for trophies? Will there be a culture shift with regards to a longer term plan with managers, players, etc? I think the club realistically needs this coming season to be able to put longer term plans in place behind the scenes with regards to scouting, recruitment, etc.

In fairness I think our signings so far have been extremely solid. If Kounde joins too, we'll have added three new players who are all first teamers which for me is the most important way to try and squad plan as efficiently as possible. Unless there is a real quality deal with regards to value for money (i.e. a free transfer) or a younger player not quite ready to start but the potential is clear to get to that position, then we should be relying on the academy in my opinion to provide the squad depth in the backup roles. Players like Ampadu, Colwill, Broja could still well fulfil this role this coming season.

I think signing Sterling and KK shows exactly where this club intends on heading. Based on those two signings alone along with TT at the helm, it's clear to see nothing changes in terms of ambition and hopefully with all the noise coming out of the associated journalists, big plans are in to be set in motion for the growth of the club on a commercial level too. You have to say, so far, so good from the new takeover entourage.

"Thank you Jules" 👋🔴

The negotiation between #Chelsea and #SevillaFC is reaching its final phase. Monchi has activated the exit protocol this afternoon to prepare for Koundé's farewell.

The idea is that the player does not even travel to Portugal.

Got a feeling kounde is in the bag, for better or for worse…

About gvardiol if he really said that it is an odd one

He has immense potential but on current ability he would not even start for us. Very error prone season behind him with multiple fk ups leading to goals. 

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

"Thank you Jules" 👋🔴

The negotiation between #Chelsea and #SevillaFC is reaching its final phase. Monchi has activated the exit protocol this afternoon to prepare for Koundé's farewell.

The idea is that the player does not even travel to Portugal.

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Let us hope. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Thinking more about it, why are Barca (who have already spent a shit load despite their financial issues) going so hard after Koundé when they’ve got Araujo, Christensen, and Pique? They don’t play with a back 3, right? I know Pique is old but it seems stupid for them to go out and spend huge money on a position that’s not a priority.

Then again, it’s Barca. They never do what’s sensible.

Gerard Piqué is no Thiago, he is rinsed at 35.

their other subs are shit

Eric García (so overrated)
Óscar Mingueza   
Samuel Umtiti