Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Don’t think Leipzig will allow Gvardiol to leave this summer. 

The trouble with all these super highly rated CB’s that remain is that they’re all so sought after by other top clubs. If we switch attention to Skriniar we’d risk getting gazumped by PSG. De Ligt and Bremer now off the table.

We might be royally screwed if Koundé chooses Barca. Which is why I’m fine if we overpay a bit. We bloody need him.

if the Kounde deal is actually scuppered by Barca,

and

if you take Gvardiol (2023 release clause in only viable way to buy him) off the board

then we are down to these CB buy options

Milan Skriniar
Alessandro Bastoni   
Pau Torres 
José María Giménez 
Presnel Kimpembe  
Evan Ndicka  

Robin Le Normand 
Stefan de Vrij   
Merih Demiral   
Gonçalo Inácio   
Roger Ibañez  

Thilo Kehrer  
Odilon Kossounou  
Castello Lukeba  
Maxence Lacroix 
Abdou Diallo
Piero Hincapié   
Adam Webster
David Carmo 
Min-jae Kim
Attila Szalai   
Armel Bella-Kotchap 

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if the Kounde deal is actually scuppered by Barca,

and

if you take Gvardiol (2023 release clause in only viable way to buy him) off the board

then we are down to these CB buy options

Milan Skriniar
Alessandro Bastoni   
Pau Torres 
José María Giménez 
Presnel Kimpembe  
Evan Ndicka  

Robin Le Normand 
Stefan de Vrij   
Merih Demiral   
Gonçalo Inácio   
Roger Ibañez  

Thilo Kehrer  
Odilon Kossounou  
Castello Lukeba  
Maxence Lacroix 
Abdou Diallo
Piero Hincapié   
Adam Webster
David Carmo 
Min-jae Kim
Attila Szalai   
Armel Bella-Kotchap 

Bella-Kotchap signed for Southampton 

24 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

Raphinha case v2 🤐

Nothing alike. Raphina was waiting on Barca and would only come here if literally nothing can be done. The Kounde situation is nothing close to that infact if anything it seems like he slightly favours coming here.

Also on a semi related note I hope the fact a player is open to coming here despite clearly being a back up plan (after MDL fell through) means many supporters will stop being so precious with not wanting players who don't see us as first choice.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Nothing alike. Raphina was waiting on Barca and would only come here if literally nothing can be done. The Kounde situation is nothing close to that infact if anything it seems like he slightly favours coming here.

Also on a semi related note I hope the fact a player is open to coming here despite clearly being a back up plan (after MDL fell through) means many supporters will stop being so precious with not wanting players who don't see us as first choice.

If he fancies coming here though, why is he still reportedly in open dialog and waiting for Barca’s offer? Why not tell them to fuck off and sign our offer? If it’s true that Sevilla favors selling to us then he has the power to end this saga right this moment.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If he fancies coming here though, why is he still reportedly in open dialog and waiting for Barca’s offer? Why not tell them to fuck off and sign our offer? If it’s true that Sevilla favors selling to us then he has the power to end this saga right this moment.

It's not unusual for employees to want to keep their options open, especially when we've gone cold on him once already.

i wouldnt blame Kounde if he chose to sign with someondy else.we have blown hot and cold on him.i know his club has played a part in that,but if he’s followed who we’ve been in for before coming back to him,wouldn’t blame him if he felt like “a rebound”. Alot different to the Raphina situation.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

With regards to having a limit on what to pay for a player and being prepared to walk away, I actually think that has been the case in recent times with Marina at the helm. Possibly even to our detriment with how stubborn she may have been.

From what has been reported, it seems that the new ownership when making bids for players haven't tried to lowball and have started terms in a reasonable position unlike reportedly what things were like with Marina. I certainly think the effort that seems to be being made by Boehly and Clearlake with regards to building relationships with agents and boards of other clubs will bear fruition in time for us.

Ultimately it all boils down to value in a transfer deal and this is something we've been quite poor at in recent years. This doesn't necessarily mean we've overspent on players but we've definitely bought the wrong suited players either for us or the Premier League. On the face of it, I think Sterling and Koulibaly are excellent buys that we seem to have secured for reasonable fees due to their contract situations, but Werner seemed a great buy on paper a couple of years ago for what seemed a reasonable fee with his release clause. We're probably not going to be able to reliably assess value for money in both cases for at least the next season or two.

Scouting and recruitment have to be looked at significantly, but I think the board also need to put a plan in place in the long term for how they wish the club to operate on the pitch. Everything evolves in time, but ultimately the old regime's idea of picking the best manager on paper rather than necessarily the best fit for the club and the player pool at his disposal has impacted our ability to sustain regular title challenges. I really hope that Tuchel is a massive success here and stays for the next few years to build the next great Chelsea side, but if he does move on in the next year or two, then the next managerial appointment I feel needs to be a well thought succession to him. Otherwise we'll be in the same position we have been for many years with a whole host of players at the squad having been bought for different managers, tactics, ideas, etc.

I think the overall driver of our approach over the last twenty years was Roman's desire to be me! If I had had the wealth to buy Chelsea I would have been making every single transfer decision myself. Roman wasn't as me, me, me as I would have been but he did play Football manager for real. This is why I know that claims of Marina making football decisions are nonsense. No way on Earth would I have have spent my billions so someone else could have the fun. I'd have employed people to do the boring stuff while I got on with the bits that were fun. Like Roman, I'd have employed a Marina.

Roman's method's led to fun and chaos. They filled up the trophy cabinet but restricted the growth of the club's status. I hated what was done to Roman and would still like to punch Chris Bryant and Nigel Huddleston in the face but change was necessary and can benefit CFC. I've liked the look of Todd Boehly since I watched a video someone linked here and another linked at the end of that one. I think there will be a more business like, less personal, approach now and that's a positive.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think the overall driver of our approach over the last twenty years was Roman's desire to be me! If I had had the wealth to buy Chelsea I would have been making every single transfer decision myself. Roman wasn't as me, me, me as I would have been but he did play Football manager for real. This is why I know that claims of Marina making football decisions are nonsense. No way on Earth would I have have spent my billions so someone else could have the fun. I'd have employed people to do the boring stuff while I got on with the bits that were fun. Like Roman, I'd have employed a Marina.

Roman's method's led to fun and chaos. They filled up the trophy cabinet but restricted the growth of the club's status. I hated what was done to Roman and would still like to punch Chris Bryant and Nigel Huddleston in the face but change was necessary and can benefit CFC. I've liked the look of Todd Boehly since I watched a video someone linked here and another linked at the end of that one. I think there will be a more business like, less personal, approach now and that's a positive.

Agree on everything bar the last comment. 

I think there was a feeling and perception of the old regime and the club in general by proxy being very cold and callous. I get the impression that whilst there could well be a more business like feel in some aspects, I also feel that the new ownership will look to try and bring a more personal touch to the club, better relations with the CST and CPO, etc.

the 5 points
 1. Sevilla have accepted €65m for Kounde from Chelsea
 2. Kounde has accepted Chelsea's offer
 3. Sevilla will not wait for Barsa or anyone, we are talking about business.
 4. Tomorrow the operation will become official
 5. An unreality has been sold in Barcelona