Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We won't be able to get such a deal in place.

I think it's another case of this now or never. It hinges on the Kounde deal, but it's hard to actually keep track of what is factual on Twitter. 

Edited by LAM09

Thinking more about it, why are Barca (who have already spent a shit load despite their financial issues) going so hard after Koundé when they’ve got Araujo, Christensen, and Pique? They don’t play with a back 3, right? I know Pique is old but it seems stupid for them to go out and spend huge money on a position that’s not a priority.

Then again, it’s Barca. They never do what’s sensible.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thinking more about it, why are Barca (who have already spent a shit load despite their financial issues) going so hard after Koundé when they’ve got Araujo, Christensen, and Pique? They don’t play with a back 3, right? I know Pique is old but it seems stupid for them to go out and spend huge money on a position that’s not a priority.

Then again, it’s Barca. They never do what’s sensible.

Let them fuck themselves. It will be satisfying to watch them burn even though that probably won't happen.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Let them fuck themselves. It will be satisfying to watch them burn even though that probably won't happen.

True, but I’d rather them crash and burn without continually stealing our primary targets! 🤣

We would have to get rid of like 3-4 midfielders for De Jong to make sense. Sounds like the usual shite Catalan sources putting 2+2 together and making 5. Us spending £70m on a player in our most loaded area of the squad would be pretty silly.

Now, if we could get shot of RLC, Barkley, and one other it would be a stellar signing.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We would have to get rid of like 3-4 midfielders for De Jong to make sense. Sounds like the usual shite Catalan sources putting 2+2 together and making 5. Us spending £70m on a player in our most loaded area of the squad would be pretty silly.

Now, if we could get shot of RLC, Barkley, and one other it would be a stellar signing.

Gilmour is gone. Barkley is allegedly gone. Ruben could be gone. Ampadu will be used at CB primarily and DM if needed. 

That's Jorginho, Kovacic, Gallagher, Kante, and De Jong. 

15 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

If we're not signing any striking reinforcements, then no, it's not great.

This is not the same as Lukaku. We will be short on attacking options during the course of the season., especially if Ziyech is also leaving.

depends if we switch formation. For playing 3 upfront we would have Sterling, Mount, Havertz, Cho, Pulisic. Maybe it is kinda short but selling Werner would free a lot of salary so we may look at someone new. I'm not a fan of selling Ziyech.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I think it's another case of this now or never. It hinges on the Kounde deal, but it's hard to actually keep track of what is factual on Twitter. 

In the eyes of Gavridol, and of his people, he's 'above' Chelsea level as he sees that level. I'd bet a lot of money that he already has his heart set on moving somewhere else. He certainly isn't going to commit to a 2023 move to Chelsea at this stage. If he doesn't feel he's done enough yet to catch the eye of one of his preferred destinations, he'll wait and aim to do that by Jan/June next year.

The only way we get him is if, in twelve months time, none of his preferred teams make an offer. Of course, in that situation, we need to consider carefully if we should.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie