Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Italians appear to be reluctant to come to England tho in general. Only Jorginho and Emerson were here and they are basically Brazilian. 
Some get home sick easily and never really perform that well out of their homeland. 

That is a point now that you come to mention it. Maybe we need to get agent Gianfranco on it.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

at least something not generic and with a sense of humor? Chelsea's social media game is pretty rigid

This is probably the closest you can get 😄

Romelu returns and Saul gets the call

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/09/01/Chelsea-transfer-news--the-blues--signings--outgoings-and-loan-m

I absolutely think we’ll go back in for Koundé. Maybe even in January depending on the health of our CB’s at the time.

And he was almost certainly being targeted as a RCB not a LCB. He will be viewed as the long term replacement for Azpi and would’ve slotted in perfectly there.

Our issue now could be that there could be more suitors going forward whereas we had a free run at him this summer.

Chelsea have  good relationship with Atletico Madrid last years so this probably played a big role in finalizing the Saul deal .

We have done so many business with them recent years .

Sevilla on the other hands  ,are full of shit . They did the same bullshit with Dani Alves to us in 2007 . NEVER FORGET .

Can we stop whining about losing out on Kounde? The club was 100% to pull the plug after Sevilla got cocky.

We might have dodged a huge bullet here, apart from his diminutive stature he has other red flags which i would have loathed to see at the club, so I can't deny that getting Saul but missing out on Kounde was my absolute dream scenario for deadline day.

Next year there will be better (and taller) CBs available again for less money. I really hope the club and TT widen their horizon about the cb options on the market.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The obsession of physicality and height over technique is what caused us to have a few years of 'transition' in the first place.

Shit signings and sales irrespective of any of this  is what caused the transition. It is a combination of physical and technical aspects that is vital in most positions, cb is one of them.

But the main problem with Kounde is not even his height and built but his swashbuckling attitude, risky dribblings around the own penalty box and through midfield, lapses of concentration and stupid errors. He simply does not have the right mindset for a CB IMO.

11 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

For sure, they don’t have many players like that, but will Juve satisfy his ambition? Time will tell.

Winning Serie A and Coppa Italia should be easy task for them. I don't see Chiesa leaving Juve any time soon.

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Winning Serie A and Coppa Italia should be easy task for them. I don't see Chiesa leaving Juve any time soon.

Really? Like I said, time will tell, but from what I've seen so far, they've been awful. Of course form is temporary, but still, I don't see on their team anything massively special, apart from Chiesa.

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I wonder how came Drinkwater found his place and Barkley was left behind? I guess DD's salary is higher and footballing quality bit worse, than Barkley's… 

Only himself to blame to be honest, such a talent pissed away, typical young British player.

14 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Really? Like I said, time will tell, but from what I've seen so far, they've been awful. Of course form is temporary, but still, I don't see on their team anything massively special, apart from Chiesa.

They have been awful because mismanagement from Paratici, Nedved, and Agnelli. Sacked Allegri in the first place without proper replacement was already bad move.