Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

in lieu of a statue I will simply settle for you admitting we turned down £65m for Willian from Barca, on July 20 or 21, 2018 or so when we were leaving Australia after some preseason there

Willian himself, ex post facto, in Brasilian telly (Globo TV and another, which I had translated by my Swedish/Norwegian descent, Porto Allegre Brazilian born gold digging friend (she dated a near billionaire jewellery magnate who was 25,30 years older than her) and print interviews said Barca made 3 offers (the third was the £65m) but he did not want to leave Chelsea due to his family and businesses be settled in London

It made sense, Willian was coming off being arguably Brasil's best player at the WC, Sarri was coming in and rated him

Barca had winger defensive trackback and link play issues (which are areas Willian at times excelled at), and Barca have proven they were willing to drop FAR more money than that (they committed to shit away three quarters of billion quid or so total spend on just 3 players, Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann)

The statue sounds a better prospect  🙂

In any case, if this published material accurately represents reality, then your main contention is proved wrong and mine proved right. You were, and are, furiously incredulous that CFC turned down the supposed offer but, since Willian did not want to move according to the above, there would have been no decision for Chelsea to make. In that scenario it's even possible to speculate that Chelsea did accept the offer but the move fell through because of the player's reluctance.

Further, and I'm only working from memory, I thought a previous version of the tale suggested that Willian was disappointed at not being allowed to make the move? Those two versions don't immediately square up.

well, it was VERY clear who we (as in all, as in Tuchel, the board, Marina, Roman, etc) rate and who we are going to 'wait and see' on

Rate:

Rom, Kounde (who I still see us going for unless we willing to drop £85-90m or so on Bastoni), Saul, and I assume Rice (but we are NOT willing to drop £100m on him atm), plus the forgotten, confirmed (and turned down by Juve) €100m offer for Chiesa (fuck I would love to have him and Barella next summer) plus the fails on Håland and Hakimi

Barella simply HAS to be chased next summer, same for Chiesa, and a CB (being it Kounde or Bastoni, or some other one, maybe we even try in January, depending in injuries, etc) I also hope we move for Theo Hernandez (damn shame about Leonardo Spinazzola, I think for sure we would have been signed if not for that horrific, perhaps career ending (or at least a elite level as he is 29yo in March and that shit will take very likely take 2 years or so to completely heal, if it ever does- see RLC for a likely never does) injury

Wait and see:

Aurélien Tchouaméni (thank fuck manure did not scupper him)
Jude Bellingham
Maxence Lacroix
Sven Botman
Ryan Gravenberch
Ridle Baku
Florian Wirtz
Giovanni Reyna
Jonathan David
Jérémy Doku
Dominik Szoboszlai
Gabriel Veron

Matthijs de Ligt?

Didn't Rate (as in didn't even try and buy or turned down if offered):

Kylian Mbappé (sigh)
Harry Kane 
Jadon Sancho
Sergej Milinković-Savić    
Raphaël Varane  
Kingsley Coman   
Jack Grealish   
Gabriel Jesus    
Dayot Upamecano    
José María Giménez  
Milan Skriniar  
Antoine Griezmann 
Robert Lewandowski   
Eduardo Camavinga  
Franck Kessié   
Youri Tielemans    (too expensive valuation by Leicester)
David Alaba  (his turning 30yo right after this season ends and his singular desire to go to RM scuppered any hope here)
Pau Torres 
Ousmane Dembélé     
Stefan de Vrij   (age, he turns 30 soon) 
Lorenzo Insigne (age, he turns 31yo right at season's end)
Kalidou Koulibaly  (age is 31yo next year, he shit away his career at Napoli, a damn shame)  
Dominic Calvert-Lewin  (£100m is madness, IMHO)  
André Silva    
Anthony Martial    
Aymeric Laporte  
Houssem Aouar   
Youssef En-Nesyri  
Gerard Moreno    
Raphaël Guerreiro   
Boubacar Kamara   
Florian Neuhaus    
Robin Gosens   
Niklas Süle 
Denis Zakaria 
Renato Sanches   (thank fuck)
Adama Traoré   
Adrien Rabiot    
Matthias Ginter   
Philippe Coutinho    
Boubakary Soumaré    
Ben White    (thank fuck)
Patrik Schick
Emerson Royal   
Yves Bissouma 
Nordi Mukiele    
Thilo Kehrer   
Alessio Romagnoli   
Max Aarons
Ramy Bensebaini 
Alfonso Pedraza 
Marc Cucurella    
Corentin Tolisso 

36 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Is this a new usage I don't know or is it a typo?

you stan someone if you are a massive fan, sometimes to obsessive degree

like a Messi stan (which I am NOT)

comes from

Edited by Vesper

Not certain we will go for Kounde next summer. Dont forget what most reliable Chelsea journalists reported earlier in the summer.

TT naturally wanted player for LCB role in 3 atb. Club pushed for Kounde because it seems too good chance to miss maybe but since they did not wanted to go over 50m even them did not wanted him that much.

Chalobah played LCB in France so I think TT is perfectly happy with the outcome.

Update

65 sorted 

we still have 9 players to sort out  🙉

5 at Senior Level 

Lewis Baker
Ross Barkley
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Charly Musonda Jr.  

Malang Sarr 

4 at Youth (U23 Level) with no future here

Sam McClelland
George McEachran
George Nunn
Tariq Uwakwe

madness

Gianluigi Donnarumma 
Marquinhos  
Sergio Ramos   
Nuno Mendes  
Achraf Hakimi  
Danilo Pereira    (DMF is their only real weakness, but they have 3 all about the same level and can play whoever is hot)
Marco Verratti    
Georginio Wijnaldum 
Neymar  
Lionel Messi   
Kylian Mbappé    

Bench

Keylor Navas   
Sergio Rico   
Presnel Kimpembe    
Abdou Diallo   
Thilo Kehrer   
Juan Bernat   
Layvin Kurzawa  
Colin Dagba  
Leandro Paredes  
Idrissa Gueye  
Rafinha   
Ander Herrera
Julian Draxler   
Ángel Di María   
Mauro Icardi  

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

madness

Gianluigi Donnarumma 
Marquinhos  
Sergio Ramos   
Nuno Mendes  
Achraf Hakimi  
Danilo Pereira    (DMF is their only real weakness, but they have 3 all about the same level and can play whoever is hot)
Marco Verratti    
Georginio Wijnaldum 
Neymar  
Lionel Messi   
Kylian Mbappé    

Bench

Keylor Navas   
Sergio Rico   
Presnel Kimpembe    
Abdou Diallo   
Thilo Kehrer   
Juan Bernat   
Layvin Kurzawa  
Colin Dagba  
Leandro Paredes  
Idrissa Gueye  
Rafinha   
Ander Herrera
Julian Draxler   
Ángel Di María   
Mauro Icardi  

Saint Petersburg 28 May 2022

See ya!

41 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not certain we will go for Kounde next summer. Dont forget what most reliable Chelsea journalists reported earlier in the summer.

TT naturally wanted player for LCB role in 3 atb. Club pushed for Kounde because it seems too good chance to miss maybe but since they did not wanted to go over 50m even them did not wanted him that much.

Chalobah played LCB in France so I think TT is perfectly happy with the outcome.

erm

ec79b354d023b1256347a487f4fd9262.png

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Since summer 2016, so last 5 years plus, he has played a total of 6 games ever at fullback, 5 in a row and at RIGHT BACK, in the COVID July 2020 games with Huddersfield, as an emergency fill in, and then one last season (another emergency fill-in)

he played zero games at left fullback in those 5 seasons, including in France

I said LCB - left central back not full back. In 3atb system Rudi and Zouma played this for us under TT. Zouma is sold. So this is why I said TT will be happy with Chalobah who played this before.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-lorient_fc-girondins-bordeaux/index/spielbericht/3394942

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-lorient_sco-angers/index/spielbericht/3394961

Kounde is perfect for RCB.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I said LCB - left central back not full back. In 3atb system Rudi and Zouma played this for us under TT. Zouma is sold. So this is why I said TT will be happy with Chalobah who played this before.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-lorient_fc-girondins-bordeaux/index/spielbericht/3394942

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-lorient_sco-angers/index/spielbericht/3394961

Kounde is perfect for RCB.

yes, I self deleted if you look up

but I went back and looked, he only played 7 games at left CB in France

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

When did 'paperworks' become a word? I realise that language evolves but this particular piece of evolution makes my brain want to go on strike. 🙁

I understand that it is being used by people for whom English is not their first language, and I'm guessing that the equivalent word(s) in their native tongue(s) do/does have plural forms. Still hurts the eyes to read it though.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, I self deleted if you look up

but I went back and looked, he only played 7 games at left CB in France

2 of those 7 games they gave up a total of 7 goals too, 3 against Marseille, and 4 against Lyon

he had one clean sheet as a left CB, versus Angers, and one as a right CB, versus Brest