Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:
Overall balance +£1.88m
Income 21 £97.60m
Expenditure 20 £95.72m

We didn't get Kounde, but we as fans and especially the club should be very happy how this summer panned out. 

That transfer income figure is not even close to being true, which makes it all the more impressive. I've seen the wrong figures reported on pretty much every media out there, which is just lazy from the journalists. 

I believe they're checking the numbers from Transfermarkt, but for some reason that site has listed notable sales like Guehi, Livramento, Ugbo under Chelsea U23 and not Chelsea FC.

• Abraham €40M
  • Zouma €35M
  • Tomori €29.2M
  • Guehi €23.3M
  • Zappacosta €9M
  • Livramento €5.9M
  • Moses €5M
  • Bate €1.75M
  • Simeu €1.75M
  • Peart-Harris €1.5M
  • Ekwah €1.4M
  • Giroud €1M

All that adds up to €155M which in pounds is around £133M. Only incomings were Lukaku at £97.5M and Saul for a £4M loan fee, so overall it's more than £30M in profit for the window, which is a huge difference to the figures listed on most media outlets. And that's only for permanent transfer and not including any loan fees received by the club, which surely amount to millions of pounds as well (Bakayoko alone was around 2M).

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

We might have dodged a huge bullet here, apart from his diminutive stature he has other red flags which i would have loathed to see at the club, so I can't

Such as? I'll wait for your answer, but my first impression is that you're just blowing hot air.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I wonder how came Drinkwater found his place and Barkley was left behind? I guess DD's salary is higher and footballing quality bit worse, than Barkley's… 

Injuries probably- Barkley always seems to play OK then get injured.

11 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

Such as? I'll wait for your answer, but my first impression is that you're just blowing hot air.

He said it a few posts up.

But the main problem with Kounde is not even his height and built but his swashbuckling attitude, risky dribblings around the own penalty box and through midfield, lapses of concentration and stupid errors. He simply does not have the right mindset for a CB IMO.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Kounde is a real talent and for people to dismiss him because of his height is weird.

Not arsed about his height. Dave made up for it with his defensive awareness. 

I want to know how Kounde is on that regard. 

13 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

But the main problem with Kounde is not even his height and built but his swashbuckling attitude, risky dribblings around the own penalty box and through midfield, lapses of concentration and stupid errors. He simply does not have the right mindset for a CB IMO.

@Magic Lamps, care to illustrate or give examples? 

And just NO, you can't praise a CB for being progressive with his runs and passing while at the same time blame him if a pass is intercepted or if he looses it, you can't have it both ways.

24 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

@Magic Lamps, care to illustrate or give examples? 

And just NO, you can't praise a CB for being progressive with his runs and passing while at the same time blame him if a pass is intercepted or if he looses it, you can't have it both ways.

I never said I want a CB with progressive runs. There are CBs who are comfortable on the ball and there are CBS like formerly David Luiz and now mini-Luiz aka Kounde who think they are too talented to play like as such and engage in stupid dribblings and lose the ball. Even if his dribbligs are successful he usually tends to stay on the ball too long like willian or barkley until after the moment to make any progress is gone.

For the errors, just check the whoscored statistics for Konde, he is regulalry in the top places for errors leading to goals. It was particulalry pronounced during his time in bordeaux and he still has not ironed it out.

Also i watched Sevilla's games vs Barca and Real last season and he repeatedly tried breaking thei opposition's first line with dribbling and lost the ball leading to chances against Sevilla.

the most ridiculous defensive action of his will probably always be when he sat down on the ball on his own goalline for like 7 seconds vs Atletico Never seen a defender do something as stupid.

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I never said I want a CB with progressive runs. There are CBs who are comfortable on the ball and there are CBS like formerly David Luiz and now mini-Luiz aka Kounde who think they are too talented to play like as such and engage in stupid dribblings and lose the ball. Even if his dribbligs are successful he usually tends to stay on the ball too long like willian or barkley until after the moment to make any progress is gone.

For the errors, just check the whoscored statistics for Konde, he is regulalry in the top places for errors leading to goals. It was particulalry pronounced during his time in bordeaux and he still has not ironed it out.

Also i watched Sevilla's games vs Barca and Real last season and he repeatedly tried breaking thei opposition's first line with dribbling and lost the ball leading to chances against Sevilla.

the most ridiculous defensive action of his will probably always be when he sat down on the ball on his own goalline for like 7 seconds vs Atletico Never seen a defender do something as stupid.

You did not say that yourself, but fair to assume this is something the club values and one of the reasons we're after him. I tried to look for that stat on whoscored but could not find it, do you have a link you could share?

When he was playing at Bordeaux, he was what, 19/20? A defender is never a finished product at that age and mistakes happen. Azpi, TS, AC, they all made mistakes at some point and that does make them bad defenders automatically. I have not watched those games against Barca and Real so i don't know. Maybe he just had bad games and the few games you've seen of him did not put him in a good light. Who knows.

I'll be honest i have not seen him enough to have a clear opinion of him.

What baffles me though is that a few fans who have in all likelihood seen a maximum of 5 games draw definite conclusions on his level and whether he is good enough for Chelsea, especially when the main argument is that he's a dwarf when it's clear that the person issuing that judgment has a personal and footballing fixation on height. He has great vertical leap from what i can see and statistically wins a lot of aerial duels. He is also built as a tank so i am unsure why his height worries some of our fan base.

I will definitely put a lot more faith in Man City and Chelsea recruitment teams than the opinion of a few fans who are quick to pretend they know all about a player (not aiming at you, more of a general observation). The fact that Sevilla rejected close to 55M for him is telling also. They get to see him firsthand, so trust me if he was a bad player he'd be sealed and delivered for much less than 55 bricks.

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

how do you guys rate this transfer window? 0-10 and why? Cheers fellow Chelsea supporters ;) 

9/10

Fixed our midfield. We now have 4 starter quality (theoretically, need to see how Saul adapts) midfielders, each with their own unique skillsets. Tuchel will be reveling in the tactical options he now has. On paper our midfield looks unreal, who would have thought some 3-4 years ago that we would have Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Saul all in our squad. I still remember how people on here were dreaming about and how unrealistic it seemed to sign any of them, but here we are...

Also finally got a proper striker in Lukaku. Even with Giroud and Tammy gone, we still have Havertz and Werner as striking options. None of them are remotely similar to each other, so here again Tuchel will be presented with several tactical choices and rotational options. 

I'm gonna keep it short, I think this transfer window has made us champions. We're gonna win the whole thing, I can feel it. 🙈

Edited by manpe

6 hours ago, Muzchap said:

sounds like rudiger.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Just take a look at Dave's performance against Liverpool. Had Mane in his pocket and beat him to every ball. 

Could Kounde provide us that same defensive awareness? 

Probably not but is 10 years younger.and whilst it's clear that Tuchel sees him as his heir apparent as he can cover RB and RCB.Dave is a fighter and looks far from ready to give up his spot for at least another,maybe 2 years. It's a shame Livramento didn't hang around as would have been ideal to have in the squad now as depth for RWB,and James could cover for RCB along with Trev. Kounde was always not really that important for now even though I hoped he would join us.