Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Personally looking back, we probably should of just sold him to Bayern whenever it was they bid for him. I don’t think he’s any better than when he was the kid who made that cameo v Newcastle under Conte or the pre-season with Sarri.

His career is stagnating because when he does play, be it as an attacker or as a wingback, he seems to find it very hard to take risks or what I feel, maybe its the fact he’s on a big contract and he feels he should be starting most weeks as opposed to earning his spot.

Thats now Sarri, Frank and Tuchel he has been in the squad as a full first team player and has been in and out in phases. Its a worrying pattern.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

he seems to find it very hard to take risks

^^^ It's this right here.  Does 90% of the job then right at the moment of taking a shot on or trying to blow by a defender will almost always shut it down and take a safer option.  Thought that Dortmund loan would've been good for him (and us) in the long run.  A lot of games this year though so he'll get his chances. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Personally looking back, we probably should of just sold him to Bayern whenever it was they bid for him. I don’t think he’s any better than when he was the kid who made that cameo v Newcastle under Conte or the pre-season with Sarri.

His career is stagnating because when he does play, be it as an attacker or as a wingback, he seems to find it very hard to take risks or what I feel, maybe its the fact he’s on a big contract and he feels he should be starting most weeks as opposed to earning his spot.

Thats now Sarri, Frank and Tuchel he has been in the squad as a full first team player and has been in and out in phases. Its a worrying pattern.

At the time he was the fireworks of the show when he played. If we had sold him to Byern, it would have been unacceptable. Along with that injury and now be accompanied by genuinely World Class potential in Havertz, Ziyech ect... he looks bang average. He definitely has something in him but seems to have lost the key to unlock the doors post injury.

Edited by DDA

Let's not forget that along downward slope since when he shined under Sarri, his mentality seems to be questionable; Bayern situation was handled stinky by him and his management, forced big contract afterwards, allegedly didn't work too well in Cobham + very serious allegations and arrest, fortunately dropped later, but cmon, he was supposed to be a figure of academy talent, not another Barkley-esque story…

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

becuase he is shit on the ball and not up to level for Tuchel's system

we also wanted to sell him before we bough another CB, but Sevilla fucked us about on Kounde

we have Trevoh now to replace Zouma anyway, and £31.5m was good business for Zouma, especially in a COVID market and the fact he is not a homegrown

we made a £33m profit on him (as we got £14.5m in loan fees over the years, and only paid £13m for him)

Hard to believe he once played top level premier league games in midfield 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Speaking of Bayern and Chelsea academy, it looks like Jamal Musiala has star written all over him. Progressing very well.

The one actually top talent we had and let him slip through the net 😤 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

The one actually top talent we had and let him slip through the net 😤 

He was born in Germany and has a German mother. Also, he left pre-Lampard when none of the academy boys got into the team. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Strike said:

At least we have salvaged a 25m buy-back clause from a dire negotiating position - hoping he has just gone to get playing time which is understandable.

Buy-back was confirmed to be more than 40m. Might still be a fair price in a few years, we'll see

23 hours ago, DDA said:

At the time he was the fireworks of the show when he played. If we had sold him to Byern, it would have been unacceptable. Along with that injury and now be accompanied by genuinely World Class potential in Havertz, Ziyech ect... he looks bang average. He definitely has something in him but seems to have lost the key to unlock the doors post injury.

Man I wish I had a quid for every time I've heard the "He's not the same since the injury.", rationale. It's simply not true. Calum is every bit as good now as he ever was. As I and others stated at the time, giving him a big contract was ridiculous given he has achieved precisely nothing so far. He should have been sold instead.

I still refuse to believe CFC have him on £6m a year by the way. No chance.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie