Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'm content with what we have, good job by the board. 

While Kound is nice, I'm not sold on the dwarf. 

A. Cole was small but he played as a LB. For a CB I don't know I have my reserves. Who knows he might turn out the best thing since slice bread, but we can try next transfer window for him. 

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

also Romano finally had a huge fuck up

called the Saul deal dead AF over and over

He let himself a tiny door open by calling it blocked but he dissuaded a lot from this deal and as you say gave the impression the deal was dead multiple times. They can't always get it right but it shows that even the more reliable sources talk a lot of BS just to attract attention or just have something to say despite often being completely in the dark just as we are.

Really great window.

Mostly by sorting the majority of dead wood out as best we can. 

If we can do a bit more in Jan and next summer - we will have a really healthy squad without much dross. The wage bill will be thankful.

Onwards and upwards. Is Saul selected for Intl duty, or can he join up immediately? Be good to get some minutes on the training ground.

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Really great window.

Mostly by sorting the majority of dead wood out as best we can. 

If we can do a bit more in Jan and next summer - we will have a really healthy squad without much dross. The wage bill will be thankful.

Onwards and upwards. Is Saul selected for Intl duty, or can he join up immediately? Be good to get some minutes on the training ground.

Agree, decent window. Stayed away from shit players or those we don't necessarily need, managed to shift a lot of deadwood. We had to overpay for Rom as it was necessary but the deals for Saul and Bettinelli are quite good.

Afaik Saul has not played for Spain for quite some time and has not been called up so he should get a nice introduction into Tuchelball.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ok, once we've got enough money for Marina's statue we'll get a little collection up for yours. ✔️

in lieu of a statue I will simply settle for you admitting we turned down £65m for Willian from Barca, on July 20 or 21, 2018 or so when we were leaving Australia after some preseason there

Willian himself, ex post facto, in Brasilian telly (Globo TV and another, which I had translated by my Swedish/Norwegian descent, Porto Allegre Brazilian born gold digging friend (she dated a near billionaire jewellery magnate who was 25,30 years older than her) and print interviews said Barca made 3 offers (the third was the £65m) but he did not want to leave Chelsea due to his family and businesses be settled in London

It made sense, Willian was coming off being arguably Brasil's best player at the WC, Sarri was coming in and rated him

Barca had winger defensive trackback and link play issues (which are areas Willian at times excelled at), and Barca have proven they were willing to drop FAR more money than that (they committed to shit away three quarters of billion quid or so total spend on just 3 players, Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann)

Edited by Vesper

4 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Is Saul selected for Intl duty, or can he join up immediately? Be good to get some minutes on the training ground.

Not selected. He will train with Silva, Alonso, Ziyech, CHO, Chilwell, Chalobah, Kepa... Solid group...

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

Update again - Deadline Day, Bitches

Ethan Ampadu
Lewis Baker
Ross Barkley
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Charly Musonda Jr.  

Malang Sarr 

Tino Anjorin
Thierno Ballo

Jude Soonsup-Bell
Xavier Mbuyamba

Sam McClelland
George McEachran
George Nunn
Tariq Uwakwe

From first group only Ampadu left.

From second only Ballo.

Majority of 2nd group will play for development squad so no problem there. Anjorin is on a way to Russia.

Sarr is also close but RLC, Barkley, Baker and Musonda will stay it seems. After tonight they can go to Russia or Turkey.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

For anyone thinking about moaning about Chelsea's transfers, Barcelona are in the process of offloading Griezmann at a huge loss and bringing in Luuk De Jong to join Bratihwaite to their front line.

Just let that sink in...

Worst run club in the world. They lost Messi, Suarez and Griezmann for like 10m... They may get 40m for Griezmann next summer but they payed 120m for him.

Arthur-Pjanic swap? WTF? And never used Pjanic. And selling Suarez only for him to bring title to Atletico and now getting also old striker in Aguero?