Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Perhaps already discussed in this topic, but help me out, what is Atleti’s motivation behind this deal? Saul is starter, important player for them, why let him go on loan for candy?

Form dipped and Saul personally want to change scenery. 

Thanks god for that. We just needed another CM. Was absolutely crucial. A good one we have too. It is just very risky and not helping ourselves to rely on Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante as our only 3 out and out CM in the squad. Man City have KDB, Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan as natural CM who can play that role. Kante on other hand is injury prone which means we sometimes are relying on only two natural CM. We are competing for PL, UCL, Fifa Club World Cup, FA Cup, Carabao Cup. We need the depth. Especially after loaning out Gallagher and Gilmour, you would think it is a no brainer.

Very good transfer window but still annoyed it seems we will not be buying Kounde this summer. We have sold more than we have bought and for a 22 year old who is one of the best CB in Europe and is as accomplished as a CB you can get, you would think we would pay that little bit extra for him, especially now we have the money for Zouma. Who knows next year if Kounde even will join us. He would be also good for playing that LCB role as well as well as anyhwere else in backline. If we got Kounde, it would make it a perfect window as it means where we have sold, we have also bought replacements too.

I mean if a late deal can happen for Kounde as it happened with Saul, then great. Very happy with the squad depth but just irritated we havent stumped up that extra cash for one of the best CB in Europe currently who is only 22 years of age and will only get better.

More good news, Burnley going in for Barkley. But just a loan.

Dudes, he was twiddling his thumbs all summer waiting for you but i guess leaving it this late is just part of the circus. All for the entertainment deadline days deals and shit like that.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

More good news, Burnley going in for Barkley. But just a loan.

Dudes, he was twiddling his thumbs all summer waiting for you but i guess leaving it this late is just part of the circus. All for the entertainment deadline days deals and shit like that.

Good move for him under Dyche.

Brightest point is that club done much needed cleanup and it's another window when we see sensible business done, without much dreaded panic buys. Still feel some deficiency because of Kondue as it would be a step towards building solid defense in near future, when Silva is gone, but I guess our management and analitics staff know their way.