Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

All this talk about not wanting to interfere with Broja and we think he is an important player, sounds just teh same as Kepa is our no.1 and we have total faith in him - just the right thing to say, but it doesn't mean anyone really thinks it or that they are in the plans.

You'd actually think we've sold a young R9 for peanuts with how Chelsea fans are going on about Lewis Hall on Twitter and Youtube videos.

Then I read how we keep making this same mistake with our academy talents and how they turn into stars. And how Billy Gilmour leaving was a mistake too. 

I sat there and scratched my head trying to think of a single academy player we let go that we are upset about to this day... Not one came to mind... 

32 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Wish we'd get Mamadarashvili and that's it. It's obvious the wingers market is crap, no point wasting more resources on dubious attackers, we have plenty of these already in Noni and Mudryk.

I concur. No need for any more young unproven wingers who are allergic to scoring goals.

Either buy some genuine wrold class qualtiy level winger who lifts us on another level or more likely:

25 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Get top 5 and get kvaratskhelia or rafael leao next year

As no one of this calibre would probably be avaialbe for a reasonable fee right now.

I think our spending on £100m footballers is probably done for the foreseeable future now. So waiting until the summer and targeting the likes of Kvara or Leão who are at clubs that will demand well north of that are out of the question. And tbf, I wouldn’t want the club spending that sort of money on a wide attacker with the number of expensive busts there have been in that area at multiple PL clubs.

Seems to me like we want to target an attacker who isn’t quite at the top level yet but has the potential to explode and become that with development. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You'd actually think we've sold a young R9 for peanuts with how Chelsea fans are going on about Lewis Hall on Twitter and Youtube videos.

Then I read how we keep making this same mistake with our academy talents and how they turn into stars. And how Billy Gilmour leaving was a mistake too. 

I sat there and scratched my head trying to think of a single academy player we let go that we are upset about to this day... Not one came to mind... 

Tomori for a moment, Livramento for a moment and Guehi for a moment. I think that's about it as pure academy. KDB and Salah where not academy so that don't count. 

Hall I mentioned before between Hall and Ian Maatsen I keep Maatsen. And Hall ain't competing with Chilly and Ian so it was best to go. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Agreed. Guys like Tomori, Guehi, Gilmour, Hall, Lamptey, Livramento would not have a place on our bench. 

Only one who is in category of Reece and Colwill that left is Musiala. 

Being linked with Balogun when Poch said mere hours ago that we don’t want to block Broja’s pathway doesn’t quite square. They’re actually very similar players. Even if Broja wasn’t here I wouldn’t fancy Balogun. A player who had 1 explosive, breakout season at a small club after looking bang average up until that point is a red flag when it comes to transferring to a massive club.