Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why has the club put a post out with Mudryks insta handle despite the fact he isn’t signed? Wow. Idiotic to say least.

Given how the Raphinia circus was (not) handled and how Enzo circus was (not) handled, our new PR team undergone the refreshment as great as the medical team did.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

In how many installment is this?

If we're talking FFP requirements, instalments are irrelevant. The transfer fee will be amortised over the length of the contract so certainly the base fee of 70m will be split over 7.5 years. I'm not sure how the add ons are included, I would assume that either they are realised for FFP in the year in which they are achieved or once achieved, they are then amortised over the rest of the contract length.

It certainly allows the club to spend more now and spread funds further, but I guess presents a new risk in itself by having players tied to huge contract lengths if they don't work out. We've already found in the past how difficult it can be to move some players on due to their wages. Of course on the flip side if some of these players prove to be a hit, then it looks an absolute masterstroke.

This is where the Enzo deal causes problems because the release clause is one where the player must activate it which means Chelsea would need to pay Enzo the 120m to activate the clause himself. I believe by paying the player, it's treated in a different way for FFP and the whole 120m would be absorbed into the first year.

What I am interested in is the conversation @Vesper and @YorkshireBlue were having regarding the sale and its potential impact on FFP. IF it's true that we effectively start again from zero for FFP because of the sale then that is huge. There are still some big FFP liabilities on the books (20m for Lukaku for example), so if they are essentially written off for FFP requirements it presents a significant degree of flexibility (Badiashille and Mudryk for example would be around half of Lukaku's FFP expense per annum).

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why has the club put a post out with Mudryks insta handle despite the fact he isn’t signed? Wow. Idiotic to say least.

Didn't this happen with Robinho where someone posted a shirt or something and it all backfired very quickly? Mean years ago...maybe they've been put in charge...

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Didn't this happen with Robinho where someone posted a shirt or something and it all backfired very quickly? Mean years ago...maybe they've been put in charge...

It was a 3rd party vendor of our online megastore, Kitbag. So not the club directly, whereas, this most definitely is. Incredibly cringe worthy from our social media team. 

1 minute ago, We Hate Scouse said:

It was a 3rd party vendor of our online megastore, Kitbag. So not the club directly, whereas, this most definitely is. Incredibly cringe worthy from our social media team. 

Oooo. Woops! Not surprising just sums up a lot of the way things are atm

28 minutes ago, didi007 said:

All these players or most looked good before they arrived at Chelsea 

yes for who didn't watch them play before! Drinkwater and bakayoko were in one season team with sensational teammate but they weren't the centre of the team!
Lukaku has had one great season at inter under a stats pov thank Conte, but failed in all the others season and his skills as control of the ball ecc are always been shit.
Pulisic a good period at BVB, after several panic buy: zappacosta, aubameyang, KK, Baba...

5 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Well, these kind of sources also told us that we are actually offering more money for Enzo than his release clause. Turns out, was never the case. So we should not believe everything we see on twitter. 

Could also be a Shakhtar story to set Arsenal under pressure. 

What do you think now ?

Edited by Strike

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yes, way this window is going mate Enzo might be here aswell

Doubtful. If Mudryk comes we have to sell/unregister players for PL squad now. So unless we sell we wont be buying anyone else likely unless their u21s but very doubtful.

45 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

mudryk is a great talent, hoping he keep the expectations on him!
I see several not happy or dubits on the forum! IMO maybe some millions too expensive but this is the price in the current football! I prefer put money on him or felix, young with probably some problems but that have great skills and techniche for sure instead of waste money in player who got only some god stats o played a season in one team where all go right for one season! I talk about player like: lukaku, drinkwater, bakayoko and others like ziyech,  koulibay, sterling, pulisic!

A couple of millions is a nice way of saying 50m. We are massively overpaying here similar to how we did on Cucu or Kepa. Not that he is that bad but the mere difference between fair market value and transfer price.

From his highlight reels he looks like a lightning quick dribbler with a bag full of tricks and that explosive burst of acceleration with a decent shot but his passing is just terribly inconsistent. Also I can not see him working without that overlap on the left so Cucu or Hall need to step it up.

So this "building  house from the roof "" approach from the previous regime I hated, is part of the new regime DNA I see. I am deeply disappointed and shocked and sad with this signing. Just like I said for Felix the other day, it wont make us climb up on the table without functional central midfield. 

We are stockpiling attackers we are not able to sell, and getting only has beens and injury prones in that midfield. It's sad really. At least I hope when he comes to Stamford Bridge tomorrow, he will be hearing " We will stay up" instead "We are going down" chants despite this absurd transfer policy that is bringing us further down with each passing window/ day.

Mudryk is a great talent. 

He actually drives the ball at players and makes them defend. Same with Nkunku and we saw it with Felix as well. We need a mindset shift, and having players like this come in - set the precedent - will also then filter to the guys who won't be starting. 

I honestly really like the crop of guys we will have upfront for next season (assuming Felix comes as well) - Nkunku, Mudryk, Fofana, Felix, etc. These guys are all lightning quick, but the biggest thing is, they aren't frail. Dynamic players. 

Our biggest issue is still CM and RB. I like the mixture of Hall, Cucu and Chillwell on the left. I think it will be fine and players will find their feet there. 

CMs, RB and a CB for next season - and we're set to compete for top 3-4 again and build towards title contention.