Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Jase

2 hours ago, Sportmerit said:

Former Liverpool star Luis Garcia has trolled Chelsea over his infamous goal against them in the 2005 Champions League semi-final.

Check out the full details

this dude always shows up when Chelsea play a final ,he scored a goal that was not even a goal and became a national hero 

Edited by milka

Liverpool XI to face #Chelsea: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Diaz, Mane, Salah

#Chelsea XI to face Liverpool: Mendy, Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic

Alonso will start.

RIP 

uff alonso vs salah... this will get ugly again

a lot will hinge on rüdiger on this side

their lineup is a lot stronger than ours, their front 3 is insanely fast... will be a huge uphill battle for sure the ref will be 12th man for pool

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

uff alonso vs salah... this will get ugly again

a lot will hinge on rüdiger on this side

their lineup is a lot stronger than ours, their front 3 is insanely fast... will be a huge uphill battle for sure the ref will be 12th man for pool

Yeah, this could get really ugly if we don’t play proactively and try to go at them. If we cede control to them they’ll just try to abuse Alonso and Azpi on each flank as often as they can.

We need to be aggressive and try to pin their fullbacks deep. 

Had we played Sarr this would of given both Salah + TAA free roam to attack our left side. Alonso will at the very least provide us some much needed with and an option on our left side, allowing Pulisic to attack through the middle. 

Aside the Christensen injury, this is the very best we can do at the moment. No way James is fit enough. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I bet there will be a substantial difference in class in the way Kepa handles being dropped compared to how Lukaku does.

Agreed.  Deep down though what would Lukaku's argument for starting even be?  You paid a lot for me?  I mean really that's it at this point surely not down to his merits on the pitch of late. 

8 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Agreed.  Deep down though what would Lukaku's argument for starting even be?  You paid a lot for me?  I mean really that's it at this point surely not down to his merits on the pitch of late. 

This is a guy who rates himself on par with Benzema, Suarez and Lewandowski. He probably genuinely thinks this on par with dropping Drogba for a final.