Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Jase

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Azpilicueta Silva Rudiger Sarr

Jorginho Kante

Ziyech                  Pulisic

Mount   Havertz

Never mind the fact that Lukaku will be back in the XI, I don't think Tuchel is gonna play with a back 4 here. 

5 minutes ago, Jase said:

Never mind the fact that Lukaku will be back in the XI, I don't think Tuchel is gonna play with a back 4 here. 

Think it will be a 4141 variation like we saw at Palace. 

Lukaku gets shoe horned back in then it isn't any surprise why no front three can perform consistently when they are stripped of game time and momentum. A theme under Tuchel. 

Kepa 

AC Silva Rudi

James (Dave) Jorgi Kante CHO

Puli (Werner) Harvetz Mount 

Bench 

Mendy, Sarr, Dave, Chabolah, Alonso, RLC, Werner

If Ziyech is fit then either start him or have him on the bench. 

Edited by King Kante

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think it will be a 4141 variation like we saw at Palace. 

That was Palace, this is Liverpool.

Tuchel played with the back 4 for much of January except for the games against Liverpool and Man City. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Did we not play a back 4 during our 2-2 draw?

We did not.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549741/Live/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Chelsea-Liverpool

And the pragmatism in Tuchel also saw him revert to the back 3 tonight against Lille. So, yeah...

Just now, King Kante said:

Problem is Sarr cannot play WB and Alonso will get absolutely roasted. If James is fit enough to start, Dave may play there. 

I don't think James is even back in full training yet. Would be crazy to just throw him into the XI on Sunday. 

Just now, Jase said:

I don't think James is even back in full training yet. Would be crazy to just throw him into the XI on Sunday. 

Ah, I thought he had been and was working towards match fitness. If that is the case, then not sure what to do other than have one of the wingers out there as cannot see a back 4 and Alonso (as much as I have defended him throughout his time here) is either semi-injured or lost some of the pace he did have, which wasn't much to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, Jase said:

We did not.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549741/Live/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Chelsea-Liverpool

And the pragmatism in Tuchel also saw him revert to the back 3 tonight against Lille. So, yeah...

Could of sworn we made a change in the second half to accommodate Alonso getting rinsed by Salah and reverted to a back 4. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Could of sworn we made a change in the second half to accommodate Alonso getting rinsed by Salah and reverted to a back 4. 

That link says otherwise but I don't remember much of the game.

In any case, I'm not sure if playing Sarr is gonna work either. He has done okay but at the same time, he feels like a defensive disaster waiting to happen. 

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Ah, I thought he had been and was working towards match fitness. If that is the case, then not sure what to do other than have one of the wingers out there as cannot see a back 4 and Alonso (as much as I have defended him throughout his time here) is either semi-injured or lost some of the pace he did have, which wasn't much to begin with. 

I suspect Tuchel will go with the same back 3/5 as today. 

For the life of me can't see us winning this. Would need Klopp to completely botch his tactics like Pep did and then still have incredible luck that Mane and Salah have an off day. Then we might stand a chance to win this on pens with the Kepa joker (albeit he did lose a pen shootout before vs Dippers with fkin Adrian)

Will definitely play a back 5 just hope not with Alonso. Lille made it quite easy for us today but even they attacked mainly Alonso's side and he also had some stupid turnovers again which almost got punished.

Most important will be to leave Lukaku out again, otherwise it will be curtains before it starts