Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool

Jase

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Jorginho  was a strange sub for Chalobar.
As if he was expecting us to win a pen.
Better Christensen I should think.

Sure would of been but Christensen was at home. He had a back problem which is why he came off the other game v Brighton.

Sarr was only natural CB on bench, I did expect CHO to go on for Trevor and go RWB though with Azpi at RCB so was surprised when Pulisic went there instead as he had been causing them trouble inside.

Edited by OneMoSalah

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I hope the club moves on from Jorginho. I think we’ve outgrown him. 

So before Jorginho was introduced were you blind to the fact Liverpool was cutting through the middle and making runs through midfield.

22 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So before Jorginho was introduced were you blind to the fact Liverpool was cutting through the middle and making runs through midfield.

No but i have noticed midfielders run circles around Jorginho on occasion and him being one of the main culprits when we drop points with his individual errors. 

I appreciate what he brings on the ball but off it I think we are and have always been incredibly weak in midfield. I’d rather we upgraded on him.  We need a Rodri or Fabinho. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No but i have noticed midfielders run circles around Jorginho on occasion and him being one of the main culprits when we drop points with his individual errors. 

I appreciate what he brings on the ball but off it I think we are and have always been incredibly weak in midfield. I’d rather we upgraded on him.  We need a Rodri or Fabinho. 

It's not his fault if our forwards are slowish.

I may be an exception, but thought we played a much faster tempo without Jorginho on the pitch , who passes a lot but most go sideways or backwards. No wonder Lukaku is fed up, we take so long getting the ball forward !! Today we looked so much quicker, threatening and entertaining. In the end a worthy point that was almost three

It was a far from perfect performance but it was really good to see some grit and fight in this group that had felt in recent weeks like it had waned somewhat under the pressure.

Coming back from 2 goals down will feel more like a 'win' for us and should be a building block in a difficult run of games.

And I'm just as happy with the boost this should give Tuchel and the players playing today. All the Lukaku distractions have been through no fault of their own, so it was nice that come the end of the game it's something that doesn't warrant discussion. Tuchel has played his hand, the fans backed him like they were always going to, and the players stood up in adversity and played for him and the badge.

So the next move is Lukaku. I think Tuchel dropping him and getting through this game with a result, and then suggesting that it can be resolved actually eases the potential situation but it comes down to Lukaku. If he doesn't want to be here then something needs to be done in January. Even if it means shipping him out on loan until the summer and we roll with what we have for the rest of the season. From this point last year, the same group minus Lukaku took us from 9th to 4th, a cup final and a European triumph. It won't be ideal but it'll be necessary if Lukaku wants out.