Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool

Jase

We have better chance, better fluidity before jorginho came in.

I don't see much problem with our midfield to hold it. Since our central midfield kovacic and kante play so immensely. They play so excellent, release the ball much quicker, their movement were great, can hold pressure and read the game very well. We create much better space to exploit and got better chance aswell

Edited by dimmas

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Not sure what you mean. Neither did much & had the officials done their job, we'd probably would have won. 

I mean pool is a so and so side. I 'm certainly not happy with this draw looking at it from any angle of view.
We should have won but up front we are slow barges.
One of our goals was a super fluke (let's admit it - it was like that Porto goal last year). The other one was ok - a decent break.
But up front we are not clever enough or moving fast enough.

What a game. Both defences were leaky. We definitely deserved that though. Played the better football. Their tactic was mainly over the top to Salah or Mane. Kovacic was brilliant all game. Absolutely bossed that game. He dominated the stats this game as shown by skysports. Chalobah made a huge mistake and was shaky first half but he recovered really well second half and regained composure. Silva was brilliant also and Rudiger came on top quite a few times with Salah. The result all but confirms City will win the title but proud the way the team played in light of recent events and player absences.

Just now, Tomo said:

Gutted to drop points as we deserved to win this and we needed to to stand a chance of winning the title.

BUT fucking great mentality from the lads to come back from such a perilous situation, something special will happening here under Tuchel I'm sure of it.

Thats twice now in the games v Liverpool this season where we’ve dug out results when people wouldn’t of probably anticipated us to based on the circumstances. Felt a bit like the City game last season where we scored that last minute winner at the Etihad (barring the fact we didn’t take the 3 points today) although again, our performance on that day, we deserved to win. Today just felt similar. 

For me the mentality, the standards, the difference from under Frank now is enormous and so clear. This is why I find it so frustrating when people thought on here pre match we would get absolutely shafted or we could struggle to make top 4 if we didn’t get something today or even when we got it back to 2-2, we could fuck it up still etc. Our performances in the big PL games this season have generally been good barring United and Man City.

Just now, dimmas said:

We have better chance, better fluidity before jorginho came in.

I think its more because we changed from a 343 to a 352.

Not having Pulisic free inside to drift and run into those inside pockets as opposed to being fixed at RWB didn’t help but all in all, I don’t think Jorginho really helped or hindered us either way but his introduction was necessary because of Trevor. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Said on TTs thread this is the first time since Mou the first time I feel the manager is not responsible for the rut. I feel it's testament to Tuchel's quality we have only had one fluke defeat in our bad run. 

We haven't crashed and burned, that's for sure. Gonna jinx it but still only 3 defeats all season. When was the last time we had this few defeats at this point of the season? It's just those draws! Also, don't get the feeling that the players have given up on Tuchel like we have seen so many times in the past. 

1 minute ago, Jase said:

We haven't crashed and burned, that's for sure. Gonna jinx it but still only 3 defeats all season. When was the last time we had this few defeats at this point of the season? It's just those draws! Also, don't get the feeling that the players have given up on Tuchel like we have seen so many times in the past. 

Touch wood....thats it. That's what's cost us these stupid draws especially the last minute ones or last 10. Still new year..new us! Its a start. Not a win but to come back from 2-0 for us is good seeing lately it hasn't been smooth

11 minutes ago, Jase said:

I didn't even think that it was only 3 loses! 

How ironic that we've (so far) lost more when things were going good as opposed to when we were in crisis, only us 😂🤣😂🤣

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Said on TTs thread this is the first time since Mou the first time I feel the manager is not responsible for the rut. I feel it's testament to Tuchel's quality we have only had one fluke defeat in our bad run. 

I want to see more support for Tuchel from the clubs management. He deserves at least that much.

I want to see how they react with the Lukaku situation. And with the contract situations.

I'm writing off Christensen and maybe Azpi., but I want to see them reach a compromise with Rudiger.

Offload Lukaku, and use that to boost Rudigers contract.