Man City 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Looking to the future.

Even without new players there's still lots of room for improvement with Chelsea, but this City team isn't getting any better than they already are.

Good tactical changes by TT at HT, he spotted the weakness at LCB/LWB for City and had us exploit it. 

Ziyech and Gilmour also massively improved after HT. Alonso, has his critics but that run he made for the goal is why he is a handy squad player to have as Chilwell or Emerson are never making that run.

Not reading too much into this game in regard to the CL final as the set ups are going to be different but the win was massive for our top 4 hopes. We should now try to ensure 3rd. 

MotM - Rudi. 

Impressive response from the players after going behind, it has to be said, since we haven't responded too well in similar past games (Southampton and WBA) under Tuchel.

9 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea move above Leicester into 3rd place in the Premier League!

We are also now 6 points clear of West Ham, and 8 points clear of Tottenham.

MASSIVE 

Yes, absolutely massive 3 points today!

With our GD we need a max 6 points now.

Haha, I was so angry in the 91 minute, cos we were clearly better than this fuckers, clearly deserve to win and they scored a lucky goal

And then came the one and only....

MARCOS ALONSO!!! 

E04rluIXEAA0_sd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ColorfulWellgroomedKatydid-size_restrict

Edited by Patrick Bamford

Just now, cosmicway said:

It's obvious there is no great difference between the two teams.
So the wild favouritism for City in the final is unjustified.

They are the more rounded squad but with their high line they get eaten alive by our pace . 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

They are the more rounded squad but with their high line they get eaten alive by our pace . 

This is why I wonder whether Guardiola try to change tack and defend a bit deeper in the final. 

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Wow. What a turnaround in events. Thanks a lot Aguero. I wonder if he done that on purpose as he wants to play UCL with us next season :D

Anyway to the game, my MOTM was Reece James. He was brilliant. He was brilliant defensively and offensively. Thought Pulisic was outstanding too. The amount of fouls he drew and counter attacks he initiated was amazing. I thought when Gilmour conceded that penalty, that was us finished. Wow. Totally ecstatic right now.

Don't want to get complacent but that should be us top 4. Also paid off, resting likes of Mount, Chilwell, Silva and also Havertz did not come on too.

Must admit that I've not been that impressed with James for much of this season, but that second half was as good as I've ever seen from him!  

Had Mendy on toast!

Just now, Jas said:

This is why I wonder whether Guardiola try to change tack and defend a bit deeper in the final. 

He probably will but that gives us more space between the lines . Also it is somewhat in pros dna to lay with a high line otherwise his counter pressing does not work. They played with a deeper line after the equaliser yet we manager to get behind 

Just now, chippy said:

Must admit that I've not been that impressed with James for much of this season, but that second half was as good as I've ever seen from him!  

Had Mendy on toast!

I think generally, he has had a very solid season. First few months of season he was arguably our best player, then had a dip in form like many of our other players however when he has played under Tuchel, he has looked ever so solid. One thing though, this was probably his best offensive performance for us for a long while.