Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

The question is if they plays this tamely again next week. Most Madrid fans I know look back at this game saying they got away with murder and actually celebrate the result those cocky plastics.

I have no doubt that we could steamroll them again but the team is knackered and can not hold it up full 90 mins. We have to make our patches of dominance count this time.

Damn, we should have won this one ... came out all guns blazing in the first half and cooled down in the second. Still a commendable performance. Should be a good home game. 

Good performances all around and some regular average ones but the stand out for me was Kante. He was everywhere proving to be a menace for the opposition. I recollect lot of fans wanted to sell him in the summer to cash on as he is getting old & injury prone. But looking at his revival this season he has proved that experience is valuable & cannot be replaced. One of teams who could have actually gone for him would had been Madrid and last night we would had been facing a bloody wall :)

Hope we continue with the good form in the last leg as well. KTBFFH!!!

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

He is 22. Turns 23 later this year.

Time flies, 22 is still very young for a footballer. I would not compare him to Hazard, but if he can stay healthy, he has all the  ability to keep getting better.

I was so proud of the boys and TT, we dominated them, we destroyed them to such a degree that the Spanish media have nothing but praise for us today. TT set us up superbly, if a little bit more clinical we would have won 1-3 for sure. Yes second half the tempo went down a bit but thats expected really, TT said himself we had 2 fucking days after WH. Dont fret we will take them out at the SB, they will come at us, but then so will we. Good man TT.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We should play second leg like against Atletico. They also needed to score like Real. Remember first goal, great counter Kai, Timo and Ziyech. 

I agree but Kovacic is needed big time here. 

5 hours ago, milka said:

Two Chelsea era’s coming together 

E0BJQBUXEAgEmOt?format=jpg&name=900x900

I sure hope Pulisic sees this. When you try to remember his highlight reel, who are the opponents in those matches? It is not a coincidence that he shows up best and biggest under the brightest lights and one facing the biggest challenges. Somebody get this quote to him as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Time flies, 22 is still very young for a footballer. I would not compare him to Hazard, but if he can stay healthy, he has all the  ability to keep getting better.

indeed, staying healthy seems to be his challenge

We talk about Eden as if he won us multiple single-elimination games in the CL before, which couldn't be farther from the truth. That sort of performance will get Pulisic ahead of Eden (in CL) in no time.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

indeed, staying healthy seems to be his challenge

We talk about Eden as if he won us multiple single-elimination games in the CL before, which couldn't be farther from the truth. That sort of performance will get Pulisic ahead of Eden (in CL) in no time.

The last bit is especially true. Pulisic at 22 already has one more career CL semifinal goal contributions than Hazard at 30