Chelsea 1-0 Man City

Jase

23 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The elo ratings, to which the bookies assign gravity, say:

REAL = 1047
Chelsea = 1887
CITY = 2020
PSG = 1867

The PSG number is outrageous - they made PSG into Luton town !
CFC too low compared to REAL. We used to be level pegging at 1900 some weeks ago.
CITY is on the high side, as also witnessed today.

PSG in France are not doing well. They are second to Lille and I switched off the tv when Lille were playing Ajaj for the Europa.
Even if PSG win the French championship in the end it's not good enough. But in Europe it's a different proposition.

I will make the PSG rating 1950 now (c.f. Barcelona are 1932 it says) and I 'm going to look what probabilities the ratings suggest.

Computer generated win probabilities (fair prices):

City = 36.2% (2.76)
Real = 25.8% (3.88)
PSG = 22.2% (4.50)
CFC = 15.8% (6.33)

The bookies say:

City = 2.25 (= for burglars)
PSG = 4.33
Real = 5.00
CFC = 5.50

Apart from the glaring mistake of the ratings with PSG which I 'did not take into account, the rest of the ratings if true suggest City but it's not a value bet. Neither PSG or Chelsea, if those ratings are true.
Real is a value bet for winning the champions league.

But in reality City too are overrated and we are underrated.
So my conclusion is that at the prices offered both Real and Chelsea are good bets (at this hour).

Edited by cosmicway

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That Leicester game. lol Will be moved to a few days later.

Let's hope southampton somehow manages to get through. would be so annoying to play leicester twice within days.

Anyway the fa cup date is terrible in our fixture lsit. We play the Real, Man City, Arsenal, FA Cup final and then Villa in a space of 18 days. crazy. This phase will decide our season. some of our players looked knackered today already. Lets hope TT knows when to rest which players.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Our fixtures look like this now...

Apr 20 - Brighton (h)
Apr 24 - West Ham (a)
Apr 27 - Real Madrid (a)
May 1 - Fulham (h)
May 5 - Real Madrid (h)
May 8 - Man City (a)
May 12 - Arsenal (h)
May 15 - Leicester/Southampton (n)
May 18/19 - Leicester (h)
May 23 - Aston Villa (a)

We should rest players vs Brighton, Fulham and yes Arsenal. No way around that.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We should rest players vs Brighton, Fulham and yes Arsenal. No way around that.

Which players really? We don't have regular starting 11. We just beat City without Chris, Mendy, Kovacic... Pulisic and Havartz also didn't start. I think under Tuchel Alonso and CHO have more minutes than Chilwell and James. Whoever he picks it does not hurt our quality on the pitch. Maybe only Rudiger and Azpi don't get rotated. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

3 of Ziyech's 5 goals have been assisted by Werner, which is 1/3 (or 1/4) of his total assists.

Am sure when we bought them, we were expecting the assisting and scoring thing to be the other way round...

For sure but as long as the ball goes into the net and we win. Who cares who does what. 

Although he went off slightly earlier, I still give my MOTM to Mount. He was fantastic once again. Constantly got fouled, however he always looked to make things happen and caused Fernandinho nightmares. His awareness is so good and he is always one step ahead. Love the way he receives the ball and just sharply turns away from an opposing player and leaves them in no man's land. Chilwell's performances getting a lot stronger again too. Had a fantastic game also as did rest of team.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Why tf is Torres still getting marketed like he was a success?

I've been watching football a long time and that goal at Barca is right up there with the most exciting, memorable moments I've ever experienced  watching any sport, nevermind football and Chelsea. Let's not forget he also played a good part in winning   the EL as well.

While not a big success, those two significant contributions to two major trophies should not be overlooked.

11 hours ago, Stats said:

Although he went off slightly earlier, I still give my MOTM to Mount. He was fantastic once again. Constantly got fouled, however he always looked to make things happen and caused Fernandinho nightmares. His awareness is so good and he is always one step ahead. Love the way he receives the ball and just sharply turns away from an opposing player and leaves them in no man's land. Chilwell's performances getting a lot stronger again too. Had a fantastic game also as did rest of team.

Re Chilwell.

Think he's been average at best for much of the season, but i have to say I was impressed with him yesterday. Apart from that sitter he missed which was a bit eek!!!

5 minutes ago, chippy said:

I've been watching football a long time and that goal at Barca is right up there with the most exciting, memorable moments I've ever experienced  watching any sport, nevermind football and Chelsea. Let's not forget he also played a good part in winning   the EL as well.

While not a big success, those two significant contributions to two major trophies should not be overlooked.

Do not forget: HE WON CORNER IN FINAL!!!