Chelsea 1-0 Man City

Jase

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I still cannot believe that West Brom game

most bizarre blip in ages

When I play fifa career mode I always have a random game where i get hammered by a shithouse team and they do it playing quality football.

That game was literally that. 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Played the tactically perfect game.

And the way we approached and played today was night and day compared to that disaster against City in January.

The difference is light years apart......we are becoming proper again under TT

Just now, Jason said:

Our fixtures look like this now...

Apr 20 - Brighton (h)
Apr 24 - West Ham (a)
Apr 27 - Real Madrid (a)
May 1 - Fulham (h)
May 5 - Real Madrid (h)
May 8 - Man City (a)
May 12 - Arsenal (h)
May 15 - Leicester/Southampton (n)
May 18/19 - Leicester (h)
May 23 - Aston Villa (a)

That's gana be crazy! Coming out the run of Real Madrid,City,Arsenal,final with all wins be bloody amazing.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

First time Thiago Silva and Kepa have played together so if the former finally starts looking his age after this we'll know why.

4 clean sheets for Kepa under Tuchel. Was very good for Sarri. Looks like his only problem was Lampard? 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye precisely the same thing.

First trophy win for this group of players will be vital in their progression also.

Said the same with Frank, with the academy guys particularly. Hudson-Odoi has one for the Europa with Sarri but for James, Mount, Tammy, Billy this will be their first here. Plus throw in Kai, Timo, Pulisic, Chilwell. You have guys like Mendy and Thiago Silva also who arrived this season. Then ultimately the manager. 

It can only have a positive effect and hopefully they get a taste for it. Still got the CL also and we never know how that may go also. 

funny how things work

IF PSG had won the CL v Bayern, they likely would (under Tuchel still I wager) finally been the first team to do the linear septuple, all they had to do was win the FWCC (they would have) and the UEFA Super Cup (they would have)

That was the last chance for any team other than an EPL one to do it, as Ligue 1 binned the Coupe de la Ligue, PSG won the last one

we are the only league now with two cups

Citeh was on track to do it until now, but we knocked them out (plus they lost the CS to Arse), so it would have been a chopped up linear septuple with them having to win the CS next season

Edited by Vesper

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I still cannot believe that West Brom game

most bizarre blip in ages

The international break screwed us. Just like many times in the past. Conte had a perfect season and still managed to lose to Palace at home right after the int break.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Cannot vote for MOTM anymore. Admin become lazy.

Kante

insanely disruptive

Ziyech 2nd (would have pipped it if he had scored that 2nd)

Azpi 3rd, superb superb game

Rudiger and Thiago were massive too

Kepa was, for once, so so solid

someone is finally fixing the lad

hopefully we can sell him off for a decent enough price

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kante

insanely disruptive

Ziyech 2nd (would have pipped it if he had scored that 2nd)

Azpi 3rd, superb superb game

Rudiger and Thiago were massive too

Kepa was, for once, so so solid

someone is finally fixing the lad

hopefully we can sell him off for a decent enough price

Kepa was called to action twice.
One easy shot and the header in extra time - should have blocked, was pushed wide for a throw in.

Yeah Keppa had nearly no save to make. I also felt him really nervous with his distribution, sent it long rather than short on several occasions he could easily have. Mendy really more comfortable with short passing when Keppa was praised for this aspect of his game.

Not criticizing him (he kept a CS after all); but i would not go as far as saying he was SOLID.

Edited by Simon1991