• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Mount has been good and I trust him to keep his cool. Giroud has been poor with the hold up play. Would prefer one of Ziyech/Puli or Havertz to come on for him. Too much attacking quality on bench, who we should be capitalizing on.

His decisionmaking has been aweful though? There has been so many chances where he could've played a through ball to Werner and that pass inside the box should've been a shot. That was a clear goalscoring chance. This is something I've seen a lot from him this season.

Not to jinx it or speak too soon, but I expected much better from Atleti. Top of La Liga and all. 

We were the much better side and their only real dangers came from our silly giveaways.

Slightly more quality with the final ball and we would’ve tested them much more.

1 minute ago, Supermonkey said:

I think mount has been very lively with CHO. 

The only issue is another yellow 

When all our attacks are basically going through the right, of course they look lively but the end product from both was disappointing. It's definitely opposite to what I was being told about Mount.

Just now, Azul said:

His decisionmaking has been aweful though? There has been so many chances where he could've played a through ball to Werner and that pass inside the box should've been a shot. That was a clear goalscoring chance. This is something I've seen a lot from him this season.

But he is making things happen and is looking lively. I would no way take him off under any circumstances right now.

Decent enough half. Just lacking penetration final third. Would take Giroud off for Havertz. Giroud has literally done nothing all game. Forgot he was even playing to I seen him there. I suppose he offers the chance to go more direct but not how TT operates. 

Seeing a lot of take Mount off but him and CHO’s combinations on the right have been promising and a huge feature of us getting into these positions that we cannot take advantage of due to poor final ball??? Not sure what yous are watching but clearly a different game...

Have been impressed by Christensen also, hasn’t gave Suarez much space to operate in. Reasonably solid all round game from everyone.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Jason said:

When all our attacks are basically going through the right, of course they look lively but the end product from both was disappointing. It's definitely opposite to what I was being told about Mount.

We aren't really a team for end product:p

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

But he is making things happen and is looking lively. I would no way take him off under any circumstances right now.

What has being "lively" brought us? When it comes to clutch moments his decisions are too detrimental to the team. Kai even in bad form has very good passing and decisionmaking. We need him and we might be able to score against Atletico.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

It's a tough one Ziyech had a magic foot but will he show up.

Havertz is quality too but will he show up.

European game like this might be a blessing for Ziyech in all honesty, slightly slower paced and we have been dominant with the ball. Think we will see him at some point. Maybe for Mount, maybe for Giroud, maybe for someone else who knows. Think Havertz’s knack of arriving in the box may be useful also, Alonso put in a few handy crosses from the left and other than Giroud we lack someone who can challenge the Atletico players in the air bar Alonso. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Good game so far. We are slowing down play and keeping possession nicely.
Just need to take care of the sloppiness at the back - sometimes you do have to kick it upfield. 

Atletico will come back with more intent, so need to get more focused. Maybe we can find that elusive final pass in the second half.

41 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

alonso is so crap, almost cost us a goal again

Yes, he could've done better but the real culprit is Rudiger. What the hell was he doing over there and then why the hell did he not deal with the ball. So, initial fault by Alonso, that was compounded by first by Rudiger's poor positioning and secondly his failure to clear up. 

As for the game, it is clear AM are trying to get a player sent off and the ref initially brought into it. That yellow for Mount was an utter joke. I think he is one of our better players today but I would take him off for Harvetz as he could get sent off for blowing on a player now. 

As for the game, Jorgi and Kova are killing us with their poor balls. Around three to four times they had a option and over/under hit it. It may be risky, but I would consider reaching for the 🐐

As for the rest, Werner is looking good and building up some confidence, whilst AC is looking composed. Just need to get a player in and around Giroud to get some quick one twos. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Chilwell needs to come on. That left side can be caught

Agreed.

Their right sided CB looks slow as fuck. Chilwell could occupy Llorente whilst Werner burns that dude alive on the inside.