• Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

HA HA! No way Tuchel will drop him.

Alonso is like a pest that just won't go away no matter how many times you try to kill it. Ridiculous how he's just wormed his way back into the XI because of a managerial change. 

Nahh I cant see Alonso in the first 11 for this, he better not.

We need true quality players for this game, like Havertz, Ziyech. Not this Abraham, Alonso bullshit. 

And stop this 3-back nonsens. 

Edited by Patrick Bamford

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

We need quality players for this game, like Havertz, Ziyech. Not this Abraham, Alonso bullshit. 

And stop this 3-back nonsens. 

We have to play 3atb as we only have funsized CM's who get outrun and our CB's, outside of Silva, either constantly get caught out of position (Zouma/Rudi) or get bullied (AC.) 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Atletico are strong at set plays. If there’s ever a game Alonso will feature, its this one. 

Alonso is not even helpful defending set pieces cos he can't mark a player and is poor in the air for someone his height.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Alonso is not even helpful defending set pieces cos he can't mark a player and is poor in the air for someone his height.

Poor in the air is a bit off in my eyes. I would say he is quite strong in the air, the marking point I agree with though.

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Atletico are strong at set plays. If there’s ever a game Alonso will feature, its this one. 

Is Chilwell a skinny dwarf?

Is there another top side in Europe that specifically play a player because of his height for set pieces?

Is there another top side in Europe that plays a slow, snail-paced LB/LWB?

Asking for a friend...

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You really hate Alonso hahaha. But I also hate him 😏

Hate is a strong word but seriously, who likes Alonso? His only usefulness is scoring spectacular goals out of nowhere. Otherwise, what is he even good at? I seriously don't understand how we keep picking a slow, snail-esque FB/WB while trying to compete with the very best. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Hate is a strong word but seriously, who likes Alonso? His only usefulness is scoring spectacular goals out of nowhere. Otherwise, what is he even good at? I seriously don't understand how we keep picking a slow, snail-esque FB/WB while trying to compete with the very best. 

Yeah, maybe I just don't like him lol.Hate is maybe over the top. But I also think that his actions under Lampard were very strange and questionable. He once just went off to the bus after being subbed off instead of going to bench like he was supposed to. 

He is just good at scoring goals. Nothing else. Perfect summary of him. 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah, maybe I just don't like him lol.Hate is maybe over the top. But I also think that his actions under Lampard were very strange and questionable. He once just went off to the bus after being subbed off instead of going to bench like he was supposed to. 

He is just good at scoring goals. Nothing else. Perfect summary of him. 

Calling his actions under Lampard "very strange and questionable" is a very kind description. 🤣

This might sound strange coming from me (lol) but the one thing I'd say about Lampard is he had the right idea of trying to get rid of the deadwoods. His treatment of Tomori and CHO was questionable but apart from that, he did the right thing by trying to get rid of Alonso, Jorginho, Kepa etc. It's a shame he was lacking in the key aspects of management, got sacked and we now can't follow through with the plan. 

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Hardly anyone likes Alonso. Was very disappointed to see him back but I had to trust TT. 

Now that Alonso has shown once again he’s very poor, he should be benched for the rest of the season. If TT continues to play this awful player, my patience with TT will diminish much quickly.

Have a feeling that will happen. 🤣

A lot more confident than I was a few weeks ago. Atletico have hit a real stumbling block in recent weeks and lost their first home game since December 2019, against Levante yesterday. 2-0 they lost. Hasn't helped that they also have had a few covid issues last few weeks or so. But am feeling confident we can go through this.

This pairing feels so much like a 0-0 already I would propose to go straight to pens lol.

would be so typical for us to go full yolo and make this some weird 3-2😄🙈

remember how Jose parked the double decker in Madrid in 2014 and got the goalless draw he wanted only for us to concede 3 at The bridge after Torres got us in front and our Obama Jon was to bring the double decker again. That was painful. Courtois produced arguably two of his greatest ever saves in that match too

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Who brought him in? Conte.

Don‘t want to derail the thread but people suggesting we should have supported Conte in the market after all he did - Chase away Costa, bring in Morata, buy Bakayoko and Alonso, Zappacosta....just mental.

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Who brought him in? Conte.

Don‘t want to derail the thread but people suggesting we should have supported Conte in the market after all he did - Chase away Costa, bring in Morata, buy Bakayoko and Alonso, Zappacosta....just mental.

He wanted Alex Sandro and got Alonso. He wanted Lukaku and got Morata instead. He wanted Walker and got Zappacosta instead. The list could go on and on. 

Tuchel's transfer history is not that great either. Was he involved in the transfer business of his clubs? I don't know