• Mount
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Well I guess they were out of form because they looked awful. We literally looked like prime Barcelona the way we held the ball from them.

Defense and effort were excellent. Can't hate on Alonso and AC tonight. 

Our FIRST away win in the Champions League knockout stage since beating Benfica (1-0) on March 27, 2012! FIRST win in 9 knockout stage away games (D4 L4).

The performance wasn't really different from the others under Tuchel. Dominated the game, didn't create clear cut chances but won thanks to a moment of brilliance.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Christensen has been excellent all game. Have noticed the last few games it would appear he seems to be winning much more aerial duels, almost looks as if he has started jumping a split second earlier than usual to make himself favourite for these headers. Also he has read the game well and every tackle he’s won has been immaculate basically. Impressive when you consider Suarez is top scorer in Spain and has been virtually anonymous all game.

Yeah, this is exactly why it was absolute insanity to play Zouma of all people in the CCB role against Soton. 2pts flushed down the toilet for that selection. 

As for the game, got to be happy but felt we should've push for the 3rd, as AM were there for the taking. A second away goal is worth 1.5 goals effectively so I would've risked it even if it meant a 1-1. 

As for the players, I felt all of them put a shift in. Jorgi really annoyed me with his final ball but he did keep it moving. Alonso again, was nowhere near as bad as some posters on here were trying to make out he was. AC actually gets my MotM and is now ahead of Rudi and Zouma. 

That said, still a lot to play for and this tie is far from over but it is always nice to get an away CL KO stage win. 

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

To put a slightly negative spin on things and I don't like to do so, but something has to be done with Mendy and his first touch, it's woeful, his second touch is a tackle.

I wouldn't worry, I am smelling a Donnarumma transfer this Summer. He has our fingerprints all over him 

What a performance!!!!! I have no words omg!

Giroud will go down as a legend when he leaves this club mark my words!!! All hail Lord GIROUD!

The fact that Ziyech, Pulisic and Havertz came on and looked very sharp and good is the icing on top of the cake.

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

nah i would just wait what @Muzchap has to say about this one.

I stand by what I said

Tuchel is streets ahead of Lampard as a tactical manager, and understands the players positionally far better too