• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

13 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He was offiside but the Atletico defense ran back so he was covered in the end.

no, Hermoso on purpose kicked the ball backward

if he had not done it on purpose, then offside

Edited by Vesper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tuchel is absolutely slating the 4th official for the Injury time. Lampard would fold his hands and cry in his seat

Mount has been good and I trust him to keep his cool. Giroud has been poor with the hold up play. Would prefer one of Ziyech/Puli or Havertz to come on for him. Too much attacking quality on bench, wh

Just now, Vesper said:

lol, Tuchel has rehabilitated so many players I thought were shit for us

so I have no clue what we do selling wise

Chilwell is an issue atm, I so hope he doesn't go mental and demand to be sold

surely he must see the bigger long term picture

Under Tuchel in 8 games just 2 goals conceded and one was Rudiger own goal and the other one was Zouma mistake when he should never play that position. Tuchel knows this now and he was saving Chris for Atletico because Silva was out. So defence is sorted. 

Jorginho and Kovacic control the games very well. 

Still not happy with offensive part. 

Now it was Olie brilliance and when I saw lineup I thought this is the only way we could score. 

Last game it was penalty just like against Spurs. Against Burnley it was defenders and we didn't score against Wolves. We had another pen against Sheffield United and Werner goal against Newcastle was after corner. 

Very little from real offensive play. 

But I hope this will improve soon once Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic start playing at expected level. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no, Hermoso on purpose kicked the ball backward

if he had not done it on purpose, then offside

LOL. I see what's going on now. :)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
  • Like 1
Just now, Vesper said:

a big LB is why I was obsessed with going for Theo Hernández

Tragic really that Lampard destroyed so much of our season. We could be challenging for the title if we had had a proper coach like Tuchel from the beginning. Sad really. Tuchel NOW has to clean the mess the fraud left.

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

TBH, thought chilwell was in a bad patch even before the whole Tuchel and formation change.

We are not even playing wingbacks, but left and right midfielders. Alonso and Odoi/James always roam and start from the midfield line, which IMO is key for this system to work and not become too defensive. Chilwell can prob play on the left, but I can definitely see why Alonso has been selected for now.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Tragic really that Lampard destroyed so much of our season. We could be challenging for the title if we had had a proper coach like Tuchel from the beginning. Sad really. Tuchel NOW has to clean the mess the fraud left.

fraud is too harsh, he just was not ready to lead a monster club

• Like 3
1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

TBH, thought chilwell was in a bad patch even before the whole Tuchel and formation change.

We are not even playing wingbacks, but left and right midfielders. Alonso and Odoi/James always roam and start from the midfield line, which IMO is key for this system to work and not become too defensive. Chilwell can prob play on the left, but I can definitely see why Alonso has been selected for now.

Chilwell would tear shit up if he was on Manure or Citeh or even back at Leicester (all 3 have LB issues), so than fuck he is not at any of those 3

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

But still he didn't play even in the cup game. And Emerson did. From 1st choice he is 3rd now. 

He is Lampard's signing. Maybe Tuchel is using him to basically say: I'm the boss now! 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chilwell would tear shit up if he was on Manure or Citeh or even back at Leicester (all 3 have LB issues), so than fuck he is not at any of those 3

I dunno Vesper. I personally didn't want him in the Summer because what I saw of him between Oct-Jan is what I saw of him when he was at Leicester. I admit I was starting to change my mind in Aug-Sept but now I am fairly convinced that was a purple patch similar to what he had in Oct-Jan 2019/20. Well that or he is a very patchy player.

Either way, he isn't a WB and we are currently playing a 343, so for me he is a square peg in a round hole at the moment. If we go back to 433, then he is the automatic LB as Alonso cannot run.  

What is lost around here is that in a WB role Alonso is decent, not world class, but decent and serviceable. Problem is that too many people made him a whipping boy and now they have to continue saying he is awful as they went so far with it. 

It is similar to the Mount detractors. First he was SFL's son, then it is 'he isn't as good as Grealish' (even though they aren't the same type of player and he is significantly younger.) The day SFL left and he got dropped they reached for the lube and unzipped. Now he is back in the team they are trying to figure out what else they can beat him down with. Me and Tomo are currently better that he will either; a) Be revealed as Granny's son, b) has elite level hacker skills to backmail the club with c) is a clairvoyant who is able to see who will be the next Chelsea manager then uses elite level spy skills to dig up dirt on said manager. 

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This was a fucking massive win.

Do not fear united this weekend.

I'm pretty sure our players won't fear them either.

Just need to ensure that the lack of fear doe not turn into callousness. They are a shitty side that has managed to get the better of us in recent games through shithousery.

Edited by Blue Armour
  • Like 1

Great win and result in the 1st leg away against a very stubborn and good Atletico side, great job lads. The job is still not done yet, we need to finish things at home in the 2nd leg, can’t get too carried away.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But still he didn't play even in the cup game. And Emerson did. From 1st choice he is 3rd now. 

He is Lampard's signing. Maybe Tuchel is using him to basically say: I'm the boss now! 

Emerson playing in a domestic cup game is hardly a surprise. Worth remembering that when Tuchel switched to a back 4 in the second half against Barnsley, he took Alonso off and moved Emerson to LB. That seemed to suggest that Tuchel knows Alonso doesn't work in a back 4 and that Chilwell will come in more into play when we play the back 4.

Chilwell may be a Lampard signing but am sure the board also didn't sign him for 50 million to just sit on the bench. If we are serious about building for the future, then we've gotta stop fucking around at some point and choose the player that is for the future. One is 24 years old and the other is 30 years old god damn it!

Moreover, it's fair to say Alonso has not been heavily tested under Tuchel so far? Almost all the teams we have played in the last month, for one reason or another, happily let us dominate them and did not bother to attack us much. Don't think the same will really happen against Man United, Liverpool, Everton and Leeds, especially when they have pacey players. Also unless Tuchel decides to run him into the ground, Alonso can't be playing every game. He has to rotate at some point and Chilwell isn't going to get back into form if he's just being left on the bench either. 

Managers often say things and then do the complete opposite but here's what Tuchel recently said about Chilwell...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tuchel-i-asked-chilwell-to-trust-me-after-we-dropped-him-for/1qsqsx4r5kqtg10n9sta3lu0vx

"Yes, if he is [worried] I can understand," Tuchel told reporters ahead of Monday's clash with Newcastle at Stamford Bridge. "He has had some difficult decisions against him, where they were tight choices.

"I took the choice for Marcos [Alonso] where we played with a five because he was more familiar with the position. He played there under Antonio Conte and we opted for Marcos against Burnley for his strengths in the air for headers to defend and attack set-pieces.

"Marcos had a really good match where he scored a decisive goal and from there it was hard to come back for Tottenham. We didn’t make changes in this position. I spoke to him before the Tottenham match and said you have to trust me now that I see your talent and potential.

"I see also with Chilly a very nice guy, reflective guy and an intelligent guy. I maybe felt it in the first days that it is possible that he thinks a lot about this situation but hopefully not too much because he can trust himself and us as a staff that he can keep pushing and we will find possibilities to reward him.

"He showed a good performance in Sheffield United and it was important for him and the team. Sometimes it takes a little time and there are hard decision at the moment, at a club like Chelsea, with a squad of 22 players.

"Hopefully, we don’t have a lot of injuries but we have to deal with these situations. It is my job not to lose these players and to help them not lose trust. If he keeps on going, as a fantastic guy, he has a lot of potential and we will find possibilities for him on the pitch.

"At the same time, we wanted to give a fair start to everybody and not judge the amount of money that the club has spent but give everybody a feeling of a fresh start. Yes, Marcos is at the moment is a guy who took advantage of this situation but it is not the end of Chilly’s development. That’s for sure."

So, make that of what you will. 

• Jas changed the title to Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea