Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa


Jas
 Share
Followers 4

Man of the Match  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      0
    • Rudiger
      1
    • Chilwell
      2
    • Kante
      1
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Mount
      0
    • Pulisic
      4
    • Hudson-Odoi
      0
    • Giroud
      0
    • Havertz (sub)
      0
    • Werner (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Villa deserve respect though. Don't forget they beat Liverpool 7-2. 

So, we should be happy with the point?

This is also the same Villa side that lost to Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We put Werner upfront late on in the game but what did we do? Passed the ball backwards, sideways and then try to deliver high crosses into the box. There were at least 2 such crosses - one from Chilw

Guessing this isn't photoshopped...

Cross, cross, cross We look lifeless.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

P.S. Will create the next match thread once we get news about the City game on Sunday. Likely to be decided tomorrow from what I've read.

There's also a COVID-19 outbreak at Morecambe. So, god knows if the FA Cup game is even gonna take place. 

another suspension of football altogether would come at a good moment for us.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

another suspension of football altogether would come at a good moment for us.

Shows the state of us if we need another suspension of the season to help us...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

P.S. Will create the next match thread once we get news about the City game on Sunday. Likely to be decided tomorrow from what I've read.

There's also a COVID-19 outbreak at Morecambe. So, god knows if the FA Cup game is even gonna take place. 

Don't care about the FA cup game, but it would be a shame about the City game if it were moved.

This as convenient as its going to get facing them. Any reschedule will result in us facing them mid week, and knowing the FA and the broadcasters, they will probably make us play 3 fixtures in 6 days just to face City

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He looked better, he managed to control three passed from five yards and passed it well to other team mates.

70 odd million can't ask for much more.

heheh fair enough, but like I said, just a silver lining as he was't even doing that in the past few games.

That's the thing with young(er) players tho. We seem to be forgetting what we asked not long ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disregarding the fact that it's another poor result in a string of poor results, based on this match alone, this performance was better than the previous 4 games. 

SmartSelect_20201228-170423_YouTube.jpg.ed43d662da50b315097d7f4f8896405b.jpg

Small consolation, but calling this the worst Chelsea performance ever is some of the most reactionary shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Improvement in performance but should be seeing out the game at 1-0. Christensen, Azpi and Jorgi left the defense with a soft centre 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep. Improvement in performance but should be seeing out the game at 1-0. Christensen, Azpi and Jorgi left the defense with a soft centre 

Seeing the game out with almost a half still to be played then...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep. Improvement in performance but should be seeing out the game at 1-0. Christensen, Azpi and Jorgi left the defense with a soft centre 

Could have seen it out.

We were in control at that point, but Christensen does what he usually does and wilted under pressure.

He's a defender that can do a decent job for 89 minutes, and then completely screw things up in a matter of seconds. I put him and Emerson in the same bracket of weak mentality players, that should rarely start a game.

If anything, all he does is keep Tomori from playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Small point - Lampard actually played Pulisic for 180 minutes in 3 days. Seriously, god bless that hamstring of his...

I think its better for his health if plays more matches,..its the 'rest' days that we need to be worried about :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

I think its better for his health if plays more matches,..its the 'rest' days that we need to be worried about :ph34r:

Oh god, I genuinely fear for us if the City and Morecambe games are postponed.

If the City game gets postponed, we'll have 12 days until the Morecambe cup tie.

If the City AND Morecambe games get postponed, then we'll have 18 days until our trip to Fulham in mid January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh god, I genuinely fear for us if the City and Morecambe games are postponed.

If the City game gets postponed, we'll have 12 days until the Morecambe cup tie.

If the City AND Morecambe games get postponed, then we'll have 18 days until our trip to Fulham in mid January.

The pre-season everyone wanted! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

“I think we are in a good way, it was a better performance than Arsenal.”

Just saw that quote from Mendy’s interview on the club’s app and fucking hell! If Mendy really believes that, then standards have really fallen and we’re really, really deep shit trouble under Lampard!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The match against Arsenal has been one of the worst performances I have witnessed in my lifetime. The match solely is a sackable offence.

I really hope Roman got his hand on the trigger. Frank is only a burden and a shadow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milan said:

The pre-season everyone wanted! :lol:

I honestly believe that could do us a world of good but i strongly doubt it will happen. the patients at City will be separated from the rest of the squad and the game will go ahead. Jesus out, Agüero in actually makes City a lot stronger. They will have a field day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

“I think we are in a good way, it was a better performance than Arsenal.”

Just saw that quote from Mendy’s interview on the club’s app and fucking hell! If Mendy really believes that, then standards have really fallen and we’re really, really deep shit trouble under Lampard!

But that is an actual fact though. The Arsenal performance was downright at least the top 3 worst performances we have ever seen under Lampard. (For me, one of the worst in the last 5 years). So even though this Villa performance was awful, it was an improvement. Not the improvement that we wanted, but it's still an improvement from Arsenal.

 

How far we have fallen...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...