Kai Havertz

Blues11

case closed on the handball

it backs up exactly what I said in the game chat

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/reason-kai-havertz-not-penalised-19004660

A statement by IFAB said: "'Accidental' handball by an attacking player (or teammate) is only penalised if it occurs ‘immediately’ before a goal or clear goal-scoring opportunity.

"If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and the ball then goes to another attacking player and the attacking team immediately scores, this is a handball offence.

I am confused how a lot of people are saying Havertz had a good game. He made a nice assist and showed a couple good touches, but lost the ball far too often and scuppered the attacks. I am surprised that Havertz is getting praise but not CHO. It is early days so completely understandable, but want to see him have a bigger impact in games. I am sure he will.

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

I am confused how a lot of people are saying Havertz had a good game. He made a nice assist and showed a couple good touches, but lost the ball far too often and scuppered the attacks.

Indeed. Thought he drifted in and out of the game too much and then faded off in the second half, which maybe isn't surprising given he's still adjusting and all, but yeah. 

29 minutes ago, Stats said:

I am confused how a lot of people are saying Havertz had a good game. He made a nice assist and showed a couple good touches, but lost the ball far too often and scuppered the attacks. I am surprised that Havertz is getting praise but not CHO. It is early days so completely understandable, but want to see him have a bigger impact in games. I am sure he will.

Disagree with almost everything you say. And CHO has been getting a lot of praise, dont know where you are looking for it.

22 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Disagree with almost everything you say. And CHO has been getting a lot of praise, dont know where you are looking for it.

I disagree with you too then :o

Havertz for me was way too frustrating yesterday. He showed early promise with that run and shot he done which forced a save from the keeper. Other than that, he got bullied off the ball a few times and lost possession. CHO, on other hand I was reading a couple comments on his thread and seems a few people judging by couple comments and likes the comment(s) on his performance, some people thought he was not that good, when I thought he looked a lot better than Havertz. I am not knocking Havertz, but did not see the good game everyone else think he had but I am sure this is just the settling in phase.

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

I think he did very well transitioning the ball to the attack and played a bunch of smart passes, that should have led to bigger chances. Also won the ball back by pressing more times than anybody else except Kante. If losing possession is the important stat, CHO did that more often in half the game than Havertz over 90 minutes. But thats a misleading stat to look at for attacking players. Obviously Havertz isnt playing at his best yet, but imo he was easily in our top 3 players yesterday and deserves the praise he has been getting.

I thought Mount was our best player yesterday. Then CHO for me. The game changed when he came on and added that much needed width. Havertz I would say was third but I was not impressed. Most of the players were off yesterday so saying he was easily in the best 3 is not really a big thing for me. When I just see people saying that he was really good, I just disagree. He frustrated me a lot yesterday. His pass for the CHO goal was magnificent, but saying that he did scupper some of our attacks. But like I say for me, the two players who made the real difference yesterday was Mount and CHO. If people are saying Havertz had his best performance yesterday, then I am just a little dumbfounded. I hope for a lot better.

You can see he's getting more used to the pace of the league already. Couple of nice driving runs with the ball from deep, very underrated defensive work, and occupies space so well already in the final third, which in turn should start opening up spaces for those around him. It's all gonna click for him on a consistent basis soon, when this happens he's taking the league by storm. Can honestly see him having a KDBesque effect on our team. 

Sort of player that makes everyone around him better.