Malang Sarr

Tomo

55 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's a shame for us that Premier League football isn't suited to Malang. Somewhere like France or Portugal would see the best of him.

Not sure if it's as much Premier League football as it is simply the style of play Tuchel wants us to play which is playing out from the back and being comfortable and confident in ourselves in possession. There have been a few high profile mistakes recently, but in Sarr's case unfortunately he just isn't at a technical level to play this style of game.

It was ok playing against Spurs and he'll play a role against a team that sits back (albeit he then restricts our ability to attack and move the ball quickly because he has to adjust his position to be able to play the ball with his left foot), but anybody that presses him will force him into mistakes and he will quickly be seen as a weak link when he plays if he's expected to play out from the back. Unfortunately Zouma was exactly the same. He was a good defender and serviceable until we started playing out from the back and then his technical ability became a problem.

Not his fault. The technical level was too high for him to be involved. Why wasn't Chalobah considered? Seemed like Sarr was picked for his left-footedness. Wrong call, especially when the CB who played there all year is right footed.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Yeah so he can be sold like Tomori and Guehi, to buy more trash like Sarr instead

Tomori is doing good in a pub league. Should always take those stats in Serie A with a pinch of salt, because of Lukaku. 

54 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Tomori is doing good in a pub league. Should always take those stats in Serie A with a pinch of salt, because of Lukaku. 

I think its definitely unfair to say that. Your effectively ruling out all players in Serie A based on one guy. 

Tomori has been pretty good for AC Milan since going there, playing consistently. Surprise, he’s been ever present this season for them and they are top of the league with only 31 goals against which is joint best with Inter and Napoli.

For me, one of Frank’s biggest mistakes here was not playing him with Thiago Silva more at any point as I think they’d of made a pretty good partnership and he would of learned a lot too. What he lacked in reading of the game at that stage he would of learned and developed playing with Thiago.

I mean why do people think Rudiger has all of a sudden also kicked on massively since TT come in? Thiago is definitely a help and the other guys will undoubtedly be picking things up off him. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 14:59, Fernando said:

It's true enough Serie A isnt what it has been, and some players just fit into some leagues better than others. But we have already seen Tomori do well in the Premier League, certainly a lot better than fucking Sarr has.

Edited by calculatingInfinity

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Malang Sarr and Barkley are higher wage earners than Mount and Reece James

Really? How much is Sarr on? I thought Malang was one of the pointless loan army guys that was meant to be loaned to oblivion and then sold for profit sooner or later, he was never supposed to be playing for us... or was I wrong and his development simply didn't go the way we'd hoped for?

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Really? How much is Sarr on? I thought Malang was one of the pointless loan army guys that was meant to be loaned to oblivion and then sold for profit sooner or later, he was never supposed to be playing for us... or was I wrong and his development simply didn't go the way we'd hoped for?

2993391d6836743aa0759a19f2fae2e5.png

£120,000 PW

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/Chelsea-fc/malang-sarr-49827/

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I know this might be a year out, but I find it hard to believe he got an £86k wage increase after his loan spell at Porto (?).

What is Malang Sarr's Salary Per Week? | Salary Sport