Malang Sarr

Tomo

18 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea confirm signing of Malang Sarr on a free transfer as Marina Granovskaia hails 'one we could not miss'... but he'll head straight out on loan with Bayer Leverkusen an option in a Kai Havertz deal sweetener

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8670385/Chelsea-confirm-signing-defender-Malang-Sarr-look-set-clinch-Kai-Havertz.html

That did seem a good option when i read the official announcement that he'd be going out on loan. As long as the deal with Bayer 04 is not overly skewed in their favour, and they will actually play him, then this would look like a win win.

That did seem a good option when i read the official announcement that he'd be going out on loan. As long as the deal with Bayer 04 is not overly skewed in their favour, and they will actually play him, then this would look like a win win.
Bayer do not need him as a CB.
Maybe as a LB.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Awesome deal. Exactly the kind of business I love. Low risk high reward. can not do any wrong with this one. Either walks into the team next year or a nice 20m+ profit. 

Actually cant understand Sarr's POV here.

He was a decently hot property this window, must have known that. Links with a lot of mid-top german and italian clubs, even with Barca, everywhere he would have been in the first team squad if not the first team starter. Yet, chooses us and (apparently) the much dreaded loan system.

I mean, I am not complaining that he chose us, just wondering why?

He was a decently hot property this window, must have known that. Links with a lot of mid-top german and italian clubs, even with Barca, everywhere he would have been in the first team squad if not the first team starter. Yet, chooses us and (apparently) the much dreaded loan system.
Lampard talked to him and convinced him to join us. Had also other options

He's got the potential to be very good in the near future.  I would probably keep him around this season but I can see a point of view to sending him out on loan as well.  I kind of feel like it's a last chance season for several of our current center backs.  Next season will most likely be a major remodel of the center of our defense, so if he's on loan this year and playing regularly he'll be in good shape to come in and compete next season.  I think that's probably the reasoning behind loaning him out this season.

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Lampard has become some sort of transfer whisperer at this point. That pull power is impressive

10 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

probably because we didnt bullshit him. And because we have much success with french, african and ligue 1 players in the past. 

IMO despite going on loan, he will play his part in the future. 

I loved we used to buy cheap and develop players couple years ago like Tibo, Kdb, Salah,..it sadly didnt work out because we didnt put enough trust, but that system worked brilliantly and we would have world class team by now. 

Was wondering why we stopped doing that...

12 hours ago, killer1257 said:

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

probably because we didnt bullshit him. And because we have much success with french, african and ligue 1 players in the past. 

IMO despite going on loan, he will play his part in the future. 

I loved we used to buy cheap and develop players couple years ago like Tibo, Kdb, Salah,..it sadly didnt work out because we didnt put enough trust, but that system worked brilliantly and we would have world class team by now. 

Was wondering why we stopped doing that...

Lets hope he does play a decent part for us in the future

• 2 weeks later...