Malang Sarr

Tomo

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I know this might be a year out, but I find it hard to believe he got an £86k wage increase after his loan spell at Porto (?).

What is Malang Sarr's Salary Per Week? | Salary Sport

that site is taking the portion of his salary that Porto paid and projecting it as his Chels salary

here is more confirmation of the £120K PW figure

https://www.capology.com/player/malang-sarr-36183/profile/

af74e749e46dd07fe2ad4ab087ba2ba7.png

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that site is taking the portion of his salary that Porto paid and projecting it as his Chels salary

from the same site, showing the portion Porto paid

https://www.capology.com/club/porto/salaries/2020-2021/

46d393580374e7a5602abf95406c1b13.png

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Wow, if that's true, then Marina was long due for her sacking. That's shocking mismanagement. No wonder nobody wants him. 🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

"Free transfers" that are meant to make us money in the long run are doing the exact opposite.  Boehly has a big job on his hands to sort this mess.

39 minutes ago, manpe said:

Wow, if that's true, then Marina was long due for her sacking. That's shocking mismanagement. No wonder nobody wants him. 🤦‍♂️

Sarr at one time was considered the next shiny new French CB thing (was rated by Nice at €30+m at one point), as he started playing a lot of topflight ball so young,17yo and starting for Nice)

but when he was tossed out there also being able to play LB

I finally watched a lot of games whist he was at Nice

and he was SHIT there

so I quickly cooled off him

he was so lacking in technical skills (as we all now oh-so-painfully are aware of)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no idea why we did a FIVE YEAR contract

🤬

Fuck. I hope we upgrade the contacts of Mount and James sooner rather than later.

Hope the club doesn't take their loyalty for granted and wait till the last minute to discuss contract extensions.

Even if he can't bring in more targets, this is one thing Boehly HAS to get right.

Edited by Blue Armour

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I know this might be a year out, but I find it hard to believe he got an £86k wage increase after his loan spell at Porto (?).

What is Malang Sarr's Salary Per Week? | Salary Sport

This could turn out to be another Winston Bogarde, fuck me.

9 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

This could turn out to be another Winston Bogarde, fuck me.

Nah. At the very least he'll get shipped out on loans to get a portion of his salary off the wage bill till his contract runs out, surely at 23 the guy still wants to play and not just stay at the club stinking up the place for a few years.

At least Bogarde was already into his 30s by the time he stopped giving a fuck and didn't have to worry about getting a new deal anywhere else because he'd likely have retired around 35 anyway. Sarr on the other hand still has most of his career ahead of him even when his contract runs out in 2025. In hindsight a terrible deal by the club but it is what it is.

What is interesting though, is the discrepancy on the salary figures. As stated above, the sites list his wage at Porto around £34K and now at Chelsea £120K a week and it was reasoned by @Vesper that the lower number is just the portion that Porto paid. However, at the time of the loan signing Fabrizio Romano said Porto are paying the full wages and even a €2M loan fee:

Someone is obviously reporting wrong figures but who?

11 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Fuck. I hope we upgrade the contacts of Mount and James sooner rather than later.

Hope the club doesn't take their loyalty for granted and wait till the last minute to discuss contract extensions.

Even if he can't bring in more targets, this is one thing Boehly HAS to get right.

I think that talks will start taking place now we're back from America and the plan will be to get this finalised shortly after the transfer window has ended. All reports suggest this is a priority to get done, and James and Mount have both come out this summer and committed to the club, essentially confirming they'd like to sign new contracts.

From a PR perspective the club might well accelerate this and get it sorted asap when we're struggling to secure targets in the window.

From James and Mount's perspective they might be happy with talks dragging out over the rest of the window to see how successful the club has been with reshaping the squad. The worser it's deemed, I'd argue the stronger their hands are in negotiating.

48 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think that talks will start taking place now we're back from America and the plan will be to get this finalised shortly after the transfer window has ended. All reports suggest this is a priority to get done, and James and Mount have both come out this summer and committed to the club, essentially confirming they'd like to sign new contracts.

From a PR perspective the club might well accelerate this and get it sorted asap when we're struggling to secure targets in the window.

From James and Mount's perspective they might be happy with talks dragging out over the rest of the window to see how successful the club has been with reshaping the squad. The worser it's deemed, I'd argue the stronger their hands are in negotiating.

Just saw a recent article based on info from Nizaar:

https://theprideoflondon.com/2022/07/20/significant-Chelsea-renewal-updates/amp/

Apparently the contract talks should begin once the transfer window ends. So it's very likely you are right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Jype said:

Jesus this guy is tragical. 

Looking at the match stats, Sarr came in as a sub in minute 68 and 4 minutes later Vanderson had to be taken off 🤣

But as long as he keeps getting minutes, I am fine, right?

• 9 months later...