21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

Ben Chilwell ready to take his game 'to the next level' at Chelsea with the help of a pep talk from Blues stalwart Ashley Cole following emotional departure from Leicester

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8800343/Chilwell-ready-game-level-Chelsea-help-pep-talk-Cole.html

The left-back admitted to being 'starstruck' at spending a few hours chatting with Cole

As I said good buy. 

Reguillon is good, but the buy back clause is a no go for a club like us, that's why United also turn down. 

Mourinho takes it because he don't think for the future, but now. 

Anyhow glad that we got some improvement in LB after many years. Now here hoping he stays fit because the back up are terrible. 

Are you feeling happy, [mention=6611]killer1257[/mention]? [emoji185]
Very satisfied with his performance. I have nothing to moan about.
Hope he continues like that and he creates many more chances.
His crosses are really impressive, I have tk say

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Ben Chilwell ready to take his game 'to the next level' at Chelsea with the help of a pep talk from Blues stalwart Ashley Cole following emotional departure from Leicester

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8800343/Chilwell-ready-game-level-Chelsea-help-pep-talk-Cole.html

The left-back admitted to being 'starstruck' at spending a few hours chatting with Cole

I know I'm the one that posted this picture, but I get oddly distracted by Ashley Cole's untied shoe laces.

But then I remember that its Ashley Cole.

Played well today and offered more going forward than I thought he would. However, my biggest concern with him wasn't his forward play but rather his defensive play. Today I saw about four times he allowed his marker to run off of him. This may have been due to him settling in but he cannot allow that against better teams. 

On 4.10.2020 at 2:46 AM, King Kante said:

Played well today and offered more going forward than I thought he would. However, my biggest concern with him wasn't his forward play but rather his defensive play. Today I saw about four times he allowed his marker to run off of him. This may have been due to him settling in but he cannot allow that against better teams. 

Yep, still needs some work to improve on his defending but it helps that he's at least very athletic and can recover on some of his mistakes.For a modern full-back who needs to participate equally in both attack and defense being fast is one of the most important qualities. Just look at Alphonso Davies, he's not the most reliable defender in 1v1 situations either but his pace and acceleration, among other qualities, make him one of the best LBs out there.

With Alonso he's so slow that as soon as he's beaten by his man they're long gone so he can either stay back and try to defend or he can go forward and leave a huge space behind for the opponent to exploit. Lately Alonso hasn't been good in attack either and still shit defensively so his total effect on the team's play is very much negative.

Jury is still out there for Chilwell at such a big price but the first impression is very good.