21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

25 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

The difference is that the upgrade from what we had is bigger.

Also he's 22. He can still get better.

Club interviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt and all but he seemed happy to be here and on board with what the club want.

If he tracks back in the 93rd min when it's 2-2 vs West ham then he's already an upgrade on alonso and I think he'll do that.

KTBFFH

He is gonna turn 24 end of year. He should have 2 more years of development and then he better be the finished article we need. People act like he is fresh out of school but he is a seasoned wok veteran who still plays like a promising 20 y.o. He must grow the fuck up quickly

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It is the telegraph and they are very reliable. English players earn very much at top clubs

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Werner is 170kpw, and chilwell 190? 

This would make him our 2nd highest earner. I find that hard to believe and digest

Werner is 170kpw, and chilwell 190? 
This would make him our 2nd highest earner. I find that hard to believe and digest
He is English, so why is it not possible. All the reports say that. The athletic said it will be 190k and now it is the telegraph.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our English lads are happy with the signing on Twitter.

Yeah, cool to see. Should be extremely easy for him to settle since we have so many English guys in the team.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He is English, so why is it not possible. All the reports say that. The athletic said it will be 190k and now it is the telegraph.

Where did they mention it on The Athletic? 

This is the one transfer this Summer that looks suspect. Sure, Ziyech has big questions over his physical abilities to play in the PL. However, Chilwell has been an average PL LB for 7 out of 9 months this past season. For me, I am slightly worried as I can see him entering the dreg realm within a year or two with his contract and fee if he doesn't improve. 

At this moment, as with all new players he has my 100% support and I hope I have missed something about his abilities. 

10 minutes ago, King Kante said:

This is the one transfer this Summer that looks suspect. Sure, Ziyech has big questions over his physical abilities to play in the PL. However, Chilwell has been an average PL LB for 7 out of 9 months this past season. For me, I am slightly worried as I can see him entering the dreg realm within a year or two with his contract and fee if he doesn't improve. 

At this moment, as with all new players he has my 100% support and I hope I have missed something about his abilities. 

He sure has the potential with that contract we will never be able move him on. Not even that mad about the fee. Player was this expensive bc of the strong position leicester were in with his contract. But the wages are unnecessarily high. I bet he would have joined for like 150k as well. Huge slap for Marina if the 190kpw is true.

The only source who has said 190k weekly wage is John Percy from Telegraph who is a Leicester mouthpiece. He is also the only person saying the fee is an initial 50m, with further installments and add-ons due.

I'd like to see another source confirming the 190k figure.

So happy with this summer seems like we are stocking up a core team for next 5-8 years shouldn’t expect a summer like this every year but as long as we add 1-2 quality signings in the following summers and continue to use our academy we should be fine.

I remember when Leicester beat us season before the one that just ended. Was looking back at my comments on his performance: Just under 2 years later we have signed him :)

Football is a funny old game. Hopefully he locks down this position for years to come and becomes England's main LB too.

9 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Can't find the athletic link. Can you post it?