• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

His injuries (Hi Jason) and his lack of end product worried me about this deal, especially when neutrals and pundits stated he was Hazard's replacement. It triggered me and I was genuinely worried. 

The vast change in his productivity isn't luck. It's coaching. 

There are fans who knew Pulisic well, who said at the start of the season that when he gets minutes he will create goals for himself and others.  Others will attribute that production to Frank’s “management.” None of us know which is right, but who cares?  He is what he is now, regardless of when or how he became that.  And it is GLORIOUS.

I have followed Pulisic from when he was identified by the national team as a kid with great potential. Then his move to Dortmund. Then his starting with the first team and his rise on the national team. One of my first posts here was how happy he will be with Frank and Jody. He needed to become more attack minded at goal, and how to work toward the goal without the ball. He has always been great at taking on defenders and then getting the assist by hitting a teammate. I am sure Frank could have been happy with just that. Thankfully Frank wasn't and he and Jody have been working with him to be more attack minded for himself.

Pulisic is very generous talking to the press when he returns home. Since the beginning until now, he keeps saying that he trusts what Frank and Jody want for him, and how they are working toward that. Almost as important, Pulisic's father believes, he really has a lot of importance in his career and works with in training when Pulisic is in Pennsylvania.

Frank and Jody deserve credit, and have earned trust with him.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Am tempted to say we should start Pulisic on the bench and bring him on if/when needed, especially after Kante's injury tonight.

giphy.gif

Only 5 games to go. We dont have much chance at Anfield and we need best possible starting position before last round. 

So in the next three games no point of resting players imo...

7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Giroud would also not have signed a new deal if Lampard would lie all the time and have a personal grudge towards him

Did he signed or we just used option for one more year? But yeah, he is top professional.

4 hours ago, DanP2311 said:

There are fans who knew Pulisic well, who said at the start of the season that when he gets minutes he will create goals for himself and others.  Others will attribute that production to Frank’s “management.” None of us know which is right, but who cares?  He is what he is now, regardless of when or how he became that.  And it is GLORIOUS.

Pretty sure I read some stats a year or two ago that he had better stats than Ronaldo and Messi at that age. Number of goals scored, assists, goals for NT...

Dont know how much credit Frank deserves, I always expected Puli to explode at some point...

51 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Dont know how much credit Frank deserves, I always expected Puli to explode at some point...

Even if you had expected Pulisic to explode at some point, it is somewhat ignorant to dismiss Lampard's impact on him because like it or not, every young player especially will need some guidance to get better. Plus while this is maybe a small thing, playing Pulisic on the LW instead of the RW, where he used to play for Dortmund, has turned out to be inspired move. Pulisic looks far more threatening, decisive and capable of influencing games from that position. Also, there's this...

If Palace a team with nothing to play for other then where they finish..put a more fighting performance then us who have something to aim for...be so annoyed! 

Hopefully West Ham was another blip game plus they need survival.

Not sure if worse playing first cause know if drop points be hoping others do which for the main one Man U looks unlikely.

Just win..

Palace are exactly the type of team I hate us playing against. They will stick 10 men behind the ball in a low block in a well drilled manner at try and hit us on a counter with Benteke up front and Zaha and Ayew springing from the block. Further, they have a very good set piece taker in Milivojević and absolute tanks in Cahill (who knows everyone in the squad) Dann, Ward, Benteke and Zaha to aim at. For me, Palace will not even have to play well to get a win so long as the do not concede too early to us. 

Yes, after Salah, KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand, Romeu, Lampard, Etto, Borini, Sturridge, SWP, Cole, Sinclair, Johnson, Parker, Gallas, Zenden, Forssell, JFH, David Luiz, Remy, Van Aanholt, Mata I think it is time for Cahill to score against us :rolleyes:

I follow a couple of journalists who are Palace supporters and they both complained that the Palace players are already on the beach. They've apparently been dreadful since the restart. Nothing at all for them to play for.

So, best performance of the season from them tomorrow then.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I follow a couple of journalists who are Palace supporters and they both complained that the Palace players are already on the beach. They've apparently been dreadful since the restart. Nothing at all for them to play for.

So, best performance of the season from them tomorrow then.

Yeah, they've lost the last three games without scoring a single goal and conceded 8. Looking at the statistics their xG figure for the games since the restart is 2,43 goals in four games so not much goal threat there.

Should be an easy game but for some reason I'm not feeling confident at all.