• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

Just now, Rapkun said:

The pace of Zouma to get there in time despite being caught out is unreal.

On Christensen, I feel comitting to the runner was not the best choice considering James is out of position but I can understand.

It is exactly like you said with Christensen. It was probably not the best decision but you can still understand. 

I have said it time and time again with Christensen, sell him to Barca. He will be monster there and use the money to buy a gk. 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I do find it strange how the general goalposts have been moved.

When we drew vs Arsenal despite largely playing well and smashing them for the most part that's irrelevant because only the result counts now it's the other way round performance matters after all.

And now we are even getting the numbers of goals conceded in our 'worst' seasons, despite getting the wins (even though some are ugly) which are essential for getting the Champions League football next season. A target considered as 'must' now. Right...

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

I have no problem with Christensen. He was tracking runner, but jorgi and Zouma should have covered that. But Zouma recovered very2 well 😁😁

I actually game Zouma MotM as I love a hard tackle like he put in but you're right he is partly at fault for that and on the first one he also needs to be stepping out and closing down Zaha as both Dave and AC are in position; further everyone knows Kepa is a complete clown so ir is not like you can trust him to save a shot on target. 

Today again just emphasised how bad our CB's are. All three (Tomori I am excluding at this moment due to small sample size) are really only adequate for a CB3/4 role. Rudi has the heart but no brain, AC has the positioning and reading but is a wimp and Zouma has the athleticism and strength but cannot read the game nor pass under pressure. So, whilst we can all say play any one of the possible combinations, we still produce pure comedy gold moments as each one is flawed. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rudiger's the worse of the lot. 

Stick with the back line as it is I say. Until Tomori is fit. 

Yeah, Rudi has been dire this season. Only reason I think he has escaped criticism until recently is because he shouts and brings some enthusiasm which pretty much makes him the only one in the back line that does it. 

19 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Rüdiger is as bad as AC

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

But Zouma-Rudiger is our best combo. Last three games they played together we had clean sheets. Liverpool, Everton and Leicester.

There are plenty of interesting points from this game. 

Let's start with Gilmour, I really like him. His passing is crisp and our attack always looks better with him playing as holder. He will need to learn to control the tempo of our game. Play a bit like jorgi at times and play as billy at time. Plus he is not the most athletic, he need to learn to play in double pivot with a kante so there somebody who can protect him.

Ruben, if he can get most of his physical attribute, offensively he is fantastic. That assist to Tammy show the difference between him and Barkley. Defensively, Ruben need to run more. 

Bringing Jorginho was a very good move by Lamp. It calmed our team down but jorgi + 2 attacking cm = suicidal. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

There are plenty of interesting points from this game. 

Let's start with Gilmour, I really like him. His passing is crisp and our attack always looks better with him playing as holder. He will need to learn to control the tempo of our game. Play a bit like jorgi at times and play as billy at time. Plus he is not the most athletic, he need to learn to play in double pivot with a kante so there somebody who can protect him.

Ruben, if he can get most of his physical attribute, offensively he is fantastic. That assist to Tammy show the difference between him and Barkley. Defensively, Ruben need to run more. 

Bringing Jorginho was a very good move by Lamp. It calmed our team down but jorgi + 2 attacking cm = suicidal. 

Gilmour and Kante as DP would be catastrophic. would look like a dooryard with garden gnomes.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I do find it strange how the general goalposts have been moved.

When we drew vs Arsenal despite largely playing well and smashing them for the most part that's irrelevant because only the result counts now it's the other way round performance matters after all.

I think because of Covid-19 break it feels like a second season 😂

Certainly my expectations have increased in an illogical way because of the two signings we have made 😂😂😂

I'm definitely at fault for wanting more.

Just wish it didnt age me so much watching us play 😂

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I actually game Zouma MotM as I love a hard tackle like he put in but you're right he is partly at fault for that and on the first one he also needs to be stepping out and closing down Zaha as both Dave and AC are in position; further everyone knows Kepa is a complete clown so ir is not like you can trust him to save a shot on target. 

Today again just emphasised how bad our CB's are. All three (Tomori I am excluding at this moment due to small sample size) are really only adequate for a CB3/4 role. Rudi has the heart but no brain, AC has the positioning and reading but is a wimp and Zouma has the athleticism and strength but cannot read the game nor pass under pressure. So, whilst we can all say play any one of the possible combinations, we still produce pure comedy gold moments as each one is flawed. 

Yeah, Rudi has been dire this season. Only reason I think he has escaped criticism until recently is because he shouts and brings some enthusiasm which pretty much makes him the only one in the back line that does it. 

What we need is a mature cb who can lead our defense kinda like what united and pool did with VVD and Maguire. They cost a fortune though 80 m pound 

But Zouma-Rudiger is our best combo. Last three games they played together we had clean sheets. Liverpool, Everton and Leicester.
OK, I did not know that. At least Rüdiger is more physical, but I am still not so sure if it really works. But overall, Zouma earned the hard way his spot into the team

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Gilmour and Kante as DP would be catastrophic. would look like a dooryard with garden gnomes.

Sure I'll take taller dm but We don't have any, maybe Ampadu but haven't watched him played in a while.