• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard has something to do with improving his end product. 

Virtually had none at Dortmund. 

I hope Pulisic will end up being player like Pedro, only faster (because he IS faster). Direct and always a threat to goal.

Just now, We Hate Scouse said:

Don't know how you've managed to last this long to be honest. I turned off as soon as the whistle went. It was always going to be a liverpool wank fest

I know pal, me and my 14 year old are chucking the sofa around the room and the wife is hiding under the cupboard

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Check out what @Vesper has been saying.

Kante in front of any back 2 improves them enormously, gives them confidence. 

We have to keep Kante there. 

Gilmour needs to play that pass to Pedro was sublime - like his second touch of the ball or something.  The guy is class.

thank you for seeing this

CB's dont exist on an island, if they do (like lower squads often end up with) we would have SHREDDED against shitty

watch how bottled up De Bruyne was

he almost never got to do his patented 'charge of the light brigade' down the middle as Kante had blocked him off and/or cut down his angles

AC and Rudiger never really had to do desperation lunge-from behind tackles

it's a team game

2 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Don't know how you've managed to last this long to be honest. I turned off as soon as the whistle went. It was always going to be a liverpool wank fest

Same. Aint got time for that shite! Its lovely for them but we played a game!

Just now, Muzchap said:

Check out what @Vesper has been saying.

Kante in front of any back 2 improves them enormously, gives them confidence. 

We have to keep Kante there. 

Gilmour needs to play that pass to Pedro was sublime - like his second touch of the ball or something.  The guy is class.

Kanté's getting older too - makes sense to have him shielding the back four now. Feels like we have two complete opposites as DM options atm - Jorginho is super comfortable on the ball but lacks that defensive nouse and athleticism to disrupt play in front of the back four, whereas N'Golo's strength lies in the latter, and whereas he isn't anywhere near as bad as Jorginho is off the ball on the ball, he's not so comfortable with dictating from deep, but that's fine. He still held his own quite well even against one of the best ball winning teams in the world (yes I believe City are incredible at winning the ball and keeping it, hence why they have so much possession). 

As long as Kanté has options beside him that can relief the pressure on him (Gilmour would be a very interesting partner for him, Kovacic too in different yet similar ways), Kanté can continue to grow in that single holding role. It's where his future lies imo. The more he plays there the more comfortable he'd be too. 

Super exciting times next season - so many options for Lamps in midfield and going forward. Just need to sort out that defence now!

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Kanté's getting older too - makes sense to have him shielding the back four now. Feels like we have two complete opposites as DM options atm - Jorginho is super comfortable on the ball but lacks that defensive nouse and athleticism to disrupt play in front of the back four, whereas N'Golo's strength lies in the latter, and whereas he isn't anywhere near as bad as Jorginho is off the ball on the ball, he's not so comfortable with dictating from deep, but that's fine. He still held his own quite well even against one of the best ball winning teams in the world (yes I believe City are incredible at winning the ball and keeping it, hence why they have so much possession). 

As long as Kanté has options beside him that can relief the pressure on him (Gilmour would be a very interesting partner for him, Kovacic too in different yet similar ways), Kanté can continue to grow in that single holding role. It's where his future lies imo. The more he plays there the more comfortable he'd be too. 

Super exciting times next season - so many options for Lamps in midfield and going forward. Just need to sort out that defence now!

Kante and Gilmour in a 2 man pivot is very much an option I wish to see in a testbed game versus a pish team

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

watch how bottled up De Bruyne was

Yeah this is the key takeaway from Kanté's game today. If we use him in that holding role, because of his ability to read and disrupt the game - he's invaluable against danger men. KDB is arguably the best CM in the world and Kanté shackled him (of course he still had to score a ridiculous free kick) - now how do you take this further? Kanté will be huge in tough CL games next season and beyond.