• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That means zilch. They may have had more possession but they didn't even put our shaky defence under any sort of pressure. Possession is seriously overrated. What is the point of that if a team monopolize that but don't make them count? It is similar to us dominating the opposition, creating chances here and there but don't put them away. And yes, the Sterling chance was one but then we also had a Pulisic shot cleared off right on the line. 

I think you're underrating how well we played defensively today - a lot of other teams would've buckled under the pressure and even though we snuffed the majority of their chances they were constantly only 1/2 passes away from creating really dangerous situations. Just have to applaud the management and the players here for an outstanding tactical win. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I think you're underrating how well we played defensively today - a lot of other teams would've buckled under the pressure and even though we snuffed the majority of their chances they were constantly only 1/2 passes away from creating really dangerous situations. Just have to applaud the management and the players here for an outstanding tactical win. 

No, I'm not downplaying our performance at all but I'm not gonna sit here and have people saying Man City were great or anything because they weren't. :rant:

That means zilch. They may have had more possession but they didn't even put our shaky defence under any sort of pressure. Possession is seriously overrated. What is the point of that if a team monopolize that but don't make them count? It is similar to us dominating the opposition, creating chances here and there but don't put them away. And yes, the Sterling chance was one but then we also had a Pulisic shot cleared off right on the line for example. 
Sterling also had a curling shot that just missed.

They controlled the game. That doesnt make them by far the best team but they were hardly by far the worst team lol. After they scored we were under the cosh and the drinks break was a blessing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just now, Jason said:

No, I'm not downplaying our performance at all but I'm not gonna sit here and have people saying Man City were great or anything because they weren't. :rant:

I thought both teams played really well personally. Discredits our performance by saying they were bad. 

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Sterling also had a curling shot that just missed.

They controlled the game. That doesnt make them by far the best team but they were hardly by far the worst team lol. After they scored we were under the cosh and the drinks break was a blessing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Under the cosh and they still created nothing. We had more shaky moments against Villa at the weekend...

Just now, The Skipper said:

I thought both teams played really well personally. Discredits our performance by saying they were bad. 

Didn't say they were bad. Just said we were the better team. 

Just now, Jason said:

Didn't say they were bad. Just said we were the better team. 

Agreed that in the end, overall we were the better team. Sorry, your rhetoric made it sound like City were bad :cig:.

Anyways, BIG victory! So close to securing that top four spot now, 4 wins should definitely do it imo. 

I had a 5 hour energy drink and a monster so I could drive 5 hours home from a lake trip. My heart was pounding this entire game. What a joy to watch. I was pounding the floor when that save was made against Puli's second attempt on goal. It was a great save though.

So much fun.

My perspective, being a Yank - City controlled the ball and the passing game up until our box. At that stage, our defense stepped up. Did I read it right that City only had two shots on goal? Credit to our D. They definitely out possessed us but we had the better chances - Pulisic himself could have had three tonight.

1 hour ago, SUNZ said:

Jorginho couldn't have played the inch perfect pass Gilmour did for Pedro at the end of the game. He couldn't generate that speed of pass with his chicken legs. He would have tried a floated ball that would have been cut out by Otamendi.

What is this on 0:12? 

Our remaining 7 league games...how many points are we gonna pick up from the next 5 before the BS last 2 games?

West Ham (a)
Watford (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Sheffield Utd (a)
Norwich (h)

Liverpool (a)
Wolves (h)

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Christensen proving today that he is our most gifted defender. He seems to be getting over that mental block he's been experiencing, he's looked really good since the restart. Top top performance. 

If only we had a VVDesque CB to complement him... 

Turn around because after last game I wanted him gone. 

I'm still in the side with him. I don't know, if we can't upgrade CB this summer I will give him another season and see if he improves.