• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

Come now mate, thats nitpicking, you dont think city players also made a few here and there
I liked Kante's performance bro. I just thought that Pulisic was better to deserve MOTM because of those things I mentioned. I did not see Pulisic doing mistakes like that today

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Easy for me to say on hindsight I guess but thought people were going somewhat OTT with the reactions. I mean, even the usual calm and composed @Tomo was moaning more than usual!

I don't want this approach long term but for now who cares, I'll worry about that tomorow.

Almost a reverse from the away fixture Vs City where I was delighted with the display but ultimately gutted we lost.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The point is we royally shithoused that game and were fortunate City imploded.

Kante cannot be the lone DM and it was yet again proven tonight. 

Shithoused? Its nothing we havent seen countless times with great success...our gameplan was good bare the first 25mins or so. We won, again 5pts ahead, suits us nicely.

1 minute ago, milka said:

Shit :D

This good old Chelsea first Leicester now  liverpool :blush:

Oh wow, this reminds me so much of the Spurs game and the party at Vardy's :D 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I liked Kante's performance bro. I just thought that Pulisic was better to deserve MOTM because of those things I mentioned. I did not see Pulisic doing mistakes like that today

Puli was def great once again no doubt about that

7 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

I mean we did look pretty dicey at best.  But yes those three points in the pocket look real nice right now...

giphy.gif

City had tons of the ball, as you would expect a Pep Guardiola side to do, but created zilch. Barring that near disaster pass from Kepa, they didn't even threaten our goal and they scored a worldie from a free kick. The only complaint I would have is we sat them off a bit too much but at least we still kept our shape well and maintained a good discipline. The setup was very similar, if not the same, as what Sarri did in the home game against City last season. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

City had tons of the ball, as you would expect a Pep Guardiola to do, but created zilch. Barring that near disaster pass from Kepa, they didn't even threaten our goal and they scored a worldie from a free kick. The only complaint I would have is we sat them off a bit too much but at least we still kept our shape well and maintained a good discipline. The setup was very similar, if not the same, as what Sarri did in the home game against City last season. 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't want this approach long term but for now who cares, I'll worry about that tomorow.

Almost a reverse from the away fixture Vs City where I was delighted with the display but ultimately gutted we lost.

We don't have always to go on the offence in every game and we're not at that level yet to do that yet. If anything, I'm happy that we can be streetwise and play two different approaches if we need to. That's the Chelsea I love from our best years. Attack and dominate the opposition if we can. If not, sit back, defend well and play on the counter. We still showed the intention to go win the game, and not just sit back and play for the point like what Conte did two seasons ago.

Jorginho couldn't have played the inch perfect pass Gilmour did for Pedro at the end of the game. He couldn't generate that speed of pass with his chicken legs. He would have tried a floated ball that would have been cut out by Otamendi.

scousewankfest in full effect

and I so have to LOL at them saying that the dippers are an incredibly young team

this coming season is the last that front 3 is all under 30yo

Henderson is already 30

VVD turns 30 after the coming season

so does Matip

Wijnaldum turns 30 in a few months

Milner is 35 in 6 months

Lovren is soon 31

Lallana is 33 this coming season

it isn't like they are flush for the next 5 years ffs

19 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Kante also made horrible passes. Pulisic was our only top class player going forward

that what i was saying too. +1 on pulisic.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I guess I just look at football different than many on here

Kante for me had his best game in ages

I watch a shedload of off the ball action

his spatial disruption and angle shutting down was off the charts

I have been so tough on the little guy

but I tip my tits (not that there is much to tip, lol) tonight to the Rat

kante played much better vs villa than today. anyways, doesnt really matter. 

btw FUCK LIVERPOOL FUCKING HATE THEM 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

We don't have always to go on the offence in every game and we're not at that level yet to do that yet. If anything, I'm happy that we can be streetwise and play two different approaches if we need to. That's the Chelsea I love from our best years. Attack and dominate the opposition if we can. If not, sit back, defend well and play on the counter. We still showed the intention to go win the game, and not just sit back and play for the point like what Conte did two seasons ago.

I don't expect all out attack but my worry is the players will subconsciously get back into a subconscious pragmatic zone as it's an easy way out to the long haul of learning such a complex style, especially after the manager gives you rope too.

It happened with AVB (although I guess on that occasion it was a good thing given Munich :lol: ), people assume it was his high line that was the downfall but it was actually relenting and let the players get back in a comfort zone.

But like I said that's a worry for tomorrow.

Just now, whats happening said:

that what i was saying too. +1 on pulisic.

kante played much better vs villa than today. anyways, doesnt really matter. 

btw FUCK LIVERPOOL FUCKING HATE THEM 

Shitty isnt Villa

and I already showed his stats in the Villa game were so bellow what peeps were claiming

to each his own

no harm