• Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

HOLY SHIT, WE WON?!!

YES! 

Should I watch it since I missed it or was it not a great performance?

One of the best PL games in a long time, super quality from both sides. Superb game - great tactical victory from Frank, Jody and the rest of the boys. City showcasing why they're such a ridiculous team at times but some great performances from our chaps (Kanté and Christensen were superb defensively) to keep them away from the box. And we should've arguably scored 3/4. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Okay, I'm watching it in full. Although I bet even on the American broadcast I'm going to be hearing nothing but Liverpool this, Liverpool that for most of the 90 minutes. 😷

FUCK all of Merseyside

chav cunts the lot of 'em

Regarding Kante, as good as he was defensively, he has to make way for a natural regista at some point in this team's progression. We have to carry the ball out of the back and transition forward

Weren't we? :carlo: 
By far the better team? I dont know about that mate! Better chances sure but they had such control for large portions of each half and had their own chances. Plus sterling hit the post.

All things considered I thought it was a good old fashioned possession vs counter attacking match.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard has something to do with improving his end product. 

Virtually had none at Dortmund. 

He was 19 or 20 yrs old at Dortmund. Giving frank credit for his finishing is mighty rich... look at his last 3 games at Dortmund after coming off of injury. He was a beast. Giving Frank credit for constantly benching the lad and therefore improving his strike rate is just misplaced acclamation at its finest. Yeah, frank did it. Ugh...

5 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

By far the better team? I dont know about that mate! Better chances sure but they had such control for large portions of each half and had their own chances. Plus sterling hit the post.

That means zilch. They may have had more possession but they didn't even put our shaky defence under any sort of pressure. Possession is seriously overrated. What is the point of that if a team monopolize that but don't make them count? It is similar to us dominating the opposition, creating chances here and there but don't put them away. And yes, the Sterling chance was one but then we also had a Pulisic shot cleared off right on the line for example. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Regarding Kante, as good as he was defensively, he has to make way for a natural regista at some point in this team's progression. We have to carry the ball out of the back and transition forward

I believe we should use N'Golo and Jorginho who are at the latter ends of their careers, to phase Billy into the team. Billy has both of their best qualities wrapped up in one neat package. Whilst not as disruptive as Kanté, hes certainly more talented on the ball than both. He has the tenacity and the heart of a lion and reads the game extremely well - I think (hope) this is what Lamps and Jody are planning for him.