Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

Cannot dislike this guy. Even though it didn’t work out perfectly, he always seemed to try his best, expect some of our previous strikers/flops.

His performances past year in the Champions League made it all worth.

55 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Weiß jemand, was das für Addons sind? 

20 Millionen Euros Fix and 10 Millions Bonus to low for me! Not good Deal for Chelsea

2 minutes ago, mkh said:

20 Millionen Euros Fix and 10 Millions Bonus to low for me! Not good Deal for Chelsea

His wages are a massive consideration in this deal.

When it was discussed about being able to move him on in the summer there was only realistically a couple of clubs who might look at him so in that regard I think we've been lucky to find a willing suitor for a reasonable fee based on where he's at right now and this likely would have only dropped further if he'd stayed another season and played a bit part role.

For us, it moves another player out who probably should be moving on and frees up significant wages which we would have been stuck with for another 3 years otherwise.

Lot of respect for Timo. It didn't work out but he never spat his dummy out and never stopped trying to make it work. No excuses just an admittance that he hasn't been good enough here. 

Despite that his tireless work ethic and efforts went a way towards that Champions League win. 

Hopefully he'll be able to look back on his time at Chelsea fondly in years to come because you can't help but like the guy.

I really hope he lights a fire back in the Bundesliga, and hopefully helps Leipzig topple Bayern off their perch. 

20 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I am not happy he's leaving, but understand it's going to be hard for him with Sterling as a starter. I'd still rather keep Werner and let Pulisic go.

Fans are weird sometimes: this guy came in improved work rate, team chemistry, and helped win the biggest silverware there is. Who cares about individual numbers? We can't compete with city as equals they will always outplay and outscore us esp with the best 9 there is today.

The only way to compete at this level is via teamwork and hard working at that. I suspect the new owner does not understand this well enough and we will struggle for a few years.

Having individuals who put up these numbers help make the difference though. They always will. And will continue to do so.

On team work and hard work etc - we could show up against a Liverpool or a City and win showing that sort of fight, spirit, togetherness and hard work then struggle against Leicester or Watford or someone due to not being consistent enough upfront/not being clinical. Or due to other teams working harder than us. End of the day, the teams with the best and consistent players usually come out on top. 

I’ve seen this since as long as I can remember. Probably all the way back from Andre Villas-Boas’ spell right through to now this is still an issue. Maybe even before with Carlo in the second season.

Another big earner off the books. I can't fault his attitude, but I had concerns about his finishing before he joined us & those worries never went away.

Let's hope the next striker we sign actually delivers or in the ideal world, Broja makes that his position his own.

51 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Having individuals who put up these numbers help make the difference though. They always will. And will continue to do so.

On team work and hard work etc - we could show up against a Liverpool or a City and win showing that sort of fight, spirit, togetherness and hard work then struggle against Leicester or Watford or someone due to not being consistent enough upfront/not being clinical. Or due to other teams working harder than us. End of the day, the teams with the best and consistent players usually come out on top. 

I’ve seen this since as long as I can remember. Probably all the way back from Andre Villas-Boas’ spell right through to now this is still an issue. Maybe even before with Carlo in the second season.

Right but players with the right characteristics give you an edge in that regard. Arsenal struggled with "quality" but lazy players up front like Aubameyang, and will be (another prediction here) much stronger now with Jesus. Auba may be a lot more clinical than Jesus, and yet Jesus is the far superior player to me. Quality for me includes the right amount of work rate, teamwork, tactics, mentality -- all linked.

I don't disagree with you. My point is that I don't think we are posed to compete as equals with those guys. When a top player can choose, they never really choose us. Haaland went to City for a reason.
The only way we can get there IMO is by betting on hungry players like we did to win the CL.

A few days out of Chelsea already scores from 25 yards out lol

the goal shows why he was shit in PL and will thrive again in Bundesliga. The level of defending and goalkeeping is just another planet. Every goalie in the world should save that meek shot 

Edited by Magic Lamps

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

A few days out of Chelsea already scores from 25 yards out lol

the goal shows why he was shit in PL and will thrive again in Bundesliga. The level of defending and goalkeeping is just another planet. Every goalie in the world should save that meek shot 

Hes always gonna be a big fish in a small pond.