Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

3 hours ago, Strike said:

even that is very generous. 

Had the odd game where he was great though and ran tirelessly for the team but that's about it

boy you guys think a lot more of this current squad than I do 🙂 
I see players who never will reach Timo's level as the one-season wonder he was. And worse yet is that these players don't even bother to "run tirelessly" or "like a dog" like Tuchel used to say.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

boy you guys think a lot more of this current squad than I do 🙂 
I see players who never will reach Timo's level as the one-season wonder he was. And worse yet is that these players don't even bother to "run tirelessly" or "like a dog" like Tuchel used to say.

Timo was bad. Current lot is worse (except Palmer)

What was likeable about Timo was his work ethic and attitude. But aside from his appalling finishing and inability to stay onside, his ball control was atrocious. Too often his touches were too loose and made it hard for him to find a pass, shoot or retain possession. He also could not dribble for shit, only a straight arrow running behind defences, which was not possible against the low blocks we encountered more often than not and that made his amateurish ball control stick out especially. Sometimes I loved him, sometimes hated, but what was certain was that he needed to be upgraded on. Would have been all for him staying as a squad player, never a starter though in a title aspiring team.

Tottenshits can have him, he'll have a few eye-catching games for sure, but as a whole he will not improve them in any meaningful way.

Edited by manpe

On 07/01/2024 at 08:10, manpe said:

What was likeable about Timo was his work ethic and attitude. But aside from his appalling finishing and inability to stay onside, his ball control was atrocious. Too often his touches were too loose and made it hard for him to find a pass, shoot or retain possession. He also could not dribble for shit, only a straight arrow running behind defences, which was not possible against the low blocks we encountered more often than not and that made his amateurish ball control stick out especially. Sometimes I loved him, sometimes hated, but what was certain was that he needed to be upgraded on. Would have been all for him staying as a squad player, never a starter though in a title aspiring team.

Tottenshits can have him, he'll have a few eye-catching games for sure, but as a whole he will not improve them in any meaningful way.

Fair, but when you describe skill on the ball above it's picture-perfect Mudryk for me. 😆