Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

with 4 of his 5 goals vs a 5th tier team lmao

I think what we have seen this season for RBL is pretty much his natural level. He played out of his skin in a system that nagelsmann designed for him, other than taht scoring like 15-20 goals allcomps while startin most games is probably a realistic long term return for him anywhere outside England.

I miss Werner. 

Not his lack of finishing in front of goal.

But his attitude and work rate on the pitch., especially off the ball with how he stretched opposition back lines, giving the likes of Mount and Havertz more room to operate.

Under the right manager, I'm sure he could have done a better job than a lot of our attackers have this season.

Bad decision to let him go and sacrifice his playing time for the likes of Lukaku.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Isn't it weird how after Chelsea spell he couldn't even put numbers he did before for Leipzig for years in Bundesliga? Not even close. Like we did some damage on him. 

different times.... different managers and in this way different systems and tactics 

he was smart to enjoy the hype and get a huge contract with us... besides he won a champions league and probably will be the best archievment in his carreer 

I doubt that he will have another opportunity to win such a important trophy

Edited by Mário César

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting move for him going to Spurs. I think he could get a decent amount of goals but how his all round game is, he wont offer what Son offers. His work rate ties into Ange’s high pressing approach though. 

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Interesting move for him going to Spurs. I think he could get a decent amount of goals but how his all round game is, he wont offer what Son offers. His work rate ties into Ange’s high pressing approach though. 

if leipzig is ok to see him leaving it is because he has been a flop

21 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if leipzig is ok to see him leaving it is because he has been a flop

Maybe. Hasn’t worked second time round this season particularly for him but he scored a good amount when he initially went back - 16 in all comps. He won’t be playing every week when Son returns I’d imagine. Just depth.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe. Hasn’t worked second time round this season particularly for him but he scored a good amount when he initially went back - 16 in all comps. He won’t be playing every week when Son returns I’d imagine. Just depth.

Nonetheless been a flop. Wasted just as many chances for leipig than for us.

Him coming back to the PL is understandable move to save his career. Will be sad to see him at tottenham but he will not make them much stronger. Their counterattack will be even more rapid now tho.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nonetheless been a flop. Wasted just as many chances for leipig than for us.

Him coming back to the PL is understandable move to save his career. Will be sad to see him at tottenham but he will not make them much stronger. Their counterattack will be even more rapid now tho.

I see him having the same sort of role Daizen Maeda had at Celtic under Ange. Making a lot of penetrative runs in behind from the wider areas whilst also carrying that huge counter attacking threat with his pace. Even the pressing side of things.

If anything, it seems to be a reasonably sensible move as he will fit their more direct attacking style, particularly that role off the left. It just remains to be seen how he does in terms of his goal output.

May be an interesting move. Wouldn’t say he won’t make them much stronger because depth wise, he is definitely an upgrade on the likes of Perisic, Solomon & Gil. But his goal, assist and chance creation output will always be his downfall if he doesn’t get going. 

Underrated player IMO. 

People get too tied to G+A stats these days. By that metric you'd think Iniesta or Hazard were just middle of the road players. I get Timo plays upfront, but he opens up a lot for his teammates. 

Werner has his eyes fixed on the floor when infront of goalmouth.
Cannot drop a shoulder.
He was playing against paper thin defenses in Germany.
The one who failed as CF with Chelsea but is shining now in Spain is Morata.

Do you know who was the one who almost never missed chances when face to face with the goalkeeper ?
Mitroglou (Olympiakos Piraeus - Fulham - Benfica).
Not much of a football player but he was the one to be trusted as a scorer.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

two seasons wonder, tbh

We have a bunch of "not one wonder season yet" players at the moment, so a 2-season wonder player sounds really good to me. 😄

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

two seasons wonder, tbh

even that is very generous. 

Had the odd game where he was great though and ran tirelessly for the team but that's about it