Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

Ridiculous the amount of space he had to shoot. Also the less said about that attempted save the better. I guess this is how players in Bundesliga pad their stats and fool prospective buyers.

Edited by manpe

I try to watch the Bundesliga sometimes because Disney owns the rights to it in America through Fox, and they try to push it heavy, but every time I watch you really are shocked at how awful some of the football is. 

A complete amateur hour in many cases. Im not impressed he scored that. Im not impressed if he looks good against most of the rubbish there.

• 1 month later...

He looked really good against Real despite the loss. Also - his stats seem to be pretty decent again. 

Must be an us thing, and not the players so much. Hopefully Potter turns things around and makes it a want for players to get here and perform well. Chelsea has a cloud over it particularly for offensive players. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

He looked really good against Real despite the loss. Also - his stats seem to be pretty decent again. 

Must be an us thing, and not the players so much. Hopefully Potter turns things around and makes it a want for players to get here and perform well. Chelsea has a cloud over it particularly for offensive players. 

The sad thing is, he's the one who should have stayed out of all the attackers we had. 

Werner was made a scapegoat but you knew that he'd always give his 100% on the pitch, sure his finishing was horrible but that seemed to be down to confidence.  Can't say the same for Pulisic, Ziyech or Havertz, talent isn't everything, sometimes you need that hard working trait. 

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The sad thing is, he's the one who should have stayed out of all the attackers we had. 

Werner was made a scapegoat but you knew that he'd always give his 100% on the pitch, sure his finishing was horrible but that seemed to be down to confidence.  Can't say the same for Pulisic, Ziyech or Havertz, talent isn't everything, sometimes you need that hard working trait. 

Werner's departure has to be pinned on Tuchel. 

I feel we fucked up this season by letting CHO and Werner leave, instead opting to keep an unhappy Pulisic and a wantaway Ziyech.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Werner's departure has to be pinned on Tuchel. 

I feel we fucked up this season by letting CHO and Werner leave, instead opting to keep an unhappy Pulisic and a wantaway Ziyech.

Werner pretty much said it last season, he was very much frustrated at being left on the bench a number of times, even when the other attackers weren't really scoring or attacking.  

Happy to see him playing regularly again and Leipzig must be delighted that we actually agreed to a sale. 

As for CHO, very happy to see him dribble past players again, he's showing flashes of the CHO we saw at Chelsea pre-injury.  I do fear that he may ask to leave permanently for the Bundesliga as wingers like him will get a chance to shine week in week out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

His point blank misses drove me bonkers, but their is no denying where his heart was.

To be fair, he's often said how grateful he is to the match attending fans, who have shown a lot of appreciation for him even during tough times.

Edited by Blue Armour

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 17:56, ZAPHOD2319 said:

His point blank misses drove me bonkers, but their is no denying where his heart was.

I still have no clue how he went from sniper to not being able to hit the broadside of a barn

he was so good at most other things

just was one of the worst shooters I have ever seen here

On 02/02/2023 at 07:14, Vesper said:

I still have no clue how he went from sniper to not being able to hit the broadside of a barn

he was so good at most other things

just was one of the worst shooters I have ever seen here

I think it became worse no doubt,  but he apparently had a poor conversion rate even before he arrived (despite his good goal record). 

• 4 months later...