• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

41 minutes ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

Blind was fouled first, ref should have known he had no advantage from that duel and whistled there and then. But he didn’t.

Subsequently should never have been a penalty. Veltman even tries to pull his arm away. Never worth a second yellow.

The 2-4 seemed off-side, at least as if not worse off-side than Promes in the homematch.

It's a question of whether the arm was stuck to the body, not involuntary.
The strange one was our disallowed fifth.
Remember against Man United four seasons back ? Ball goes straight for the empty net after a Terry header then is stopped by the arm of a United defender. But the United man was looking the other way and we did not even complain.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I agree on all but Alonso

he makes me see RED almost every game

so lazy, so stupid, so slow

he is the antithesis of a Chels player

I cant take much more of him

Azpi at least tries until he is bleeding

they all do

even old arse Pedro and the often bumbling Barkley

Alonso is a slacker deluxe

Bumbling Barkley....lol for some reason that makes me snigger...haha

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Gutless reporters...Asking the players about what they made of Chelsea fans leaving early (as if it doesn't happen in other clubs)......I saw questions like this in another interview video as well

Reporter doesn't have the balls to ask the same to Frank, though.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wake me up when Reece James is finally a starter. Because it's honestly laughable how he still isn't. 

Don't want to hurt poor Dave's feelings do we?

Azpilicueta moves to the left flank anyway, when James plays, so I doubt its because of him.

I think James is still rough. He is very good for his age, but the game against Utd in the league cup showed he still has a little bit more to go before he can become a nailed on starter ahead of Azpi/Emerson.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just can't get over this new handball rule, man. That's never, ever, EVER a handball before this season. Arm down by his side, not moving it towards the ball, not even looking at it!  Infuriating.

to be fair even the Veltman handball was harsh

4 minutes ET? Who bribed the ref? One substitution is automatic 30 seconds added (6 subs = 3 mins). Then we had this several minute goal celebration and VAR debacle, 2 red cards and other stoppages... and the guy adds only 1 minute??? It should have been 7 mins as an absolute minimum.

But wtf were we doing in defence a lot of the times? :rant: And then can't score 2 past 9 men in ~25 minutes... not what I expected from this chels. This was a one-off freak game though so let's forget it quickly.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Feel like that stupid Barkley penalty miss might well cost us in the end...

I feel we will win both and top the group. Kante is back, which instantly raises our level by a notch while adding steel and calmness in the mid. Plus now don't think Alonso will take the pitch in atleast these 2 games.

Couldnt catch the first half ... started with 1-3 and thought would watch the game for the next 5 mins because was in half sleep. But the next 30-35 mins, my sleep went for a toss and there was an array of emotions right till the end. Loving it!!! 

The 2 saves at the end under pressure were brilliant ... Just when u thought Kepa saved us with a superb one you see a brilliant one on the other end. 

Think they were the better side 11v11, but at the same Chelsea simply cannot concede goals like the 1st one or the 3rd one. I mean Tammy has to hit that ball and then what was Kepa doing? To concede from that free kick... And from that angle, too. Just not good enough. 

Even for their 4th goal - Zouma and Tomori have improved, but they tend to have these runs where they chase attackers in their own field or in the wide areas and the same happened with Tomori who was dragged wide. Think it was a mistake, if you are going to do this against a technically brilliant side like Ajax, make sure you win the ball otherwise they cut you open. 

But overall I am glad this group of young players have come from 4-1 down against arguably one of Europe's best clubs. In the end, apart from Promes and Martinez, others have played a big part in Ajax's success last season and were seconds away from a CL final. Whereas half of our players have barely had a sniff at this competition. Think this comeback from three goals down will do a lot of good for our young players' confidence. 

55 minutes ago, manpe said:

4 minutes ET? Who bribed the ref? One substitution is automatic 30 seconds added (6 subs = 3 mins). Then we had this several minute goal celebration and VAR debacle, 2 red cards and other stoppages... and the guy adds only 1 minute??? It should have been 7 mins as an absolute minimum.

I agree but are we really going to complain about referee after he awarded us with two penalties and two red cards for opponent? First penalty on Pulisic is not a foul for me and that second red card is very questionable tbh. 

Overall very bad game from us. Kepa had worst night of the season and all four defenders were really bad. We conceded four goals ffs which should not be acceptable and even allowed Ajax a couple of chances with 9 men. Attack wasn't much better since they didn't provide us anything upfront. Goals came from defenders and Jorginho. Abraham, Mount, Willian didn't do shit... Only James and Jorginho deserve praise after this game. Maybe Kovacic and CHO were solid but that's it. 

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

The CL you literally only have to be in to win. Many people were toying with the idea of dropping into Europa for a "better chance of silverware" in 2011 aswell.

Furthermore CL isn't just about winning it, we've created so many memories in the competition during season's we didn't win it so I want to stay in and try to create more.

Obviously. If you read my post carefully, I am never saying something like: "we better go to EL than advanced to the next CL round". I just said I won't even mad if we don't qualify in the end, and the chance to win the silverware is better there. Don't see anything wrong with that. Never in a brink moment I am wishing this team to fail so that I am feeling better, lol. Cut me, and I bleed blue.

With the performance like yesterday, we don't have any chance against better ones. Remind you all we're going 1-4 down first. We need to improve and strengthening the squad. As of today we're far from super team, and we cannot beat every team.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree but are we really going to complain about referee after he awarded us with two penalties and two red cards for opponent? First penalty on Pulisic is not a foul for me and that second red card is very questionable tbh.

Prior shit decisions don't make another shit decision excusable. The one on Pulisic was imo 100% foul, the guy didn't get the ball and clipped Puli's foot. The second one was handball, although not sure if it warranted a yellow... but I thought he got that yellow for mouthing the ref off? Otherwise why did the ref wait so long to give it?

Overall very bad game from us. Kepa had worst night of the season and all four defenders were really bad. We conceded four goals ffs which should not be acceptable and even allowed Ajax a couple of chances with 9 men. Attack wasn't much better since they didn't provide us anything upfront. Goals came from defenders and Jorginho. Abraham, Mount, Willian didn't do shit... Only James and Jorginho deserve praise after this game. Maybe Kovacic and CHO were solid but that's it. 

Off topic, I have replied your PM mate. :)

38 minutes ago, manpe said:

Prior shit decisions don't make another shit decision excusable. The one on Pulisic was imo 100% foul, the guy didn't get the ball and clipped Puli's foot. The second one was handball, although not sure if it warranted a yellow... but I thought he got that yellow for mouthing the ref off? Otherwise why did the ref wait so long to give it?

Count your blessings, mate.

In Amsterdam VAR disallowed an Ajax goal which was absolutely onside.

Yesterday Chelsea's second goal was offside

5dc2817ec2300_offsidegoal.jpg.8260d209f144f6a32aaadb89ec41e9ae.jpg

Then two red cards and a penalty against Ajax within 10 seconds. (and our defence centre is suspended in the next game).

Budgets in 2019.  Chelsea 500 million euro. Ajax 100 million euro., 

And still you ask, Who bribed the ref ?.