no

IF Lille beats us badly and we lose to Valencia badly

and Lille wins their other game we can still crash totally out on GD

remote but possible

Europa League for us is looking fairly likely

we fucked up twice at home

anything can happen

as long as we dont finish fourth I am oki with it

in fact, would rather (I have said this all along) go 3rd than 2nd, as 2nd will be a next round exit more than likely

and EL, we can win back to back

and thus get CL even if we are not top 4 in the EPL

and also a another shot at that goddamn super cup

not necessarily, in CL it is not settled on GD but on a "mini table" of progressing teams. It would depend on how lille does vs ajax as we have the one on one vs ajax.

Anyway, 4 points and we progress. 

But i also rather want to go either 1st or 3rd. Which means we have to win at the Mestalla to be sure. 

Assuming we beat Valencia and lose to Lille + Ajax beat Lille and lose to Valencia, that would mean us, Ajax and Valencia have 10 points each at the end of the group stage. If that's the case, then it would come down to the points won in the H2H between the 3 said teams. So taking those scenarios into equation:

Ajax - 4 points (beat Valencia, drew with Chelsea, lost to Valencia & Chelsea)

Chelsea - 7 points (beat Ajax & Valencia, drew with Ajax, lost to Valencia)

Valencia - 6 points (beat Chelsea & Ajax, lost to Chelsea & Ajax)

We would end up finishing top, Valencia in 2nd and Ajax in 3rd. 

Shit, I forgot H2H for all three teams would come into effect.

Have our fate in our own hands to top the group after 4 games, so I can't argue.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'm to drunk and frankly to mentally exhausted to post much there were some bad performances tonight but Kepa is fucking hopeless thank you and good night.

Kepa is becoming a an issue, which guts me

I do not see the club doing anything much about it

he has to get his shit together, that is for sure

and i HATE whinging about keepers

Cuntois drove me batshit

clone Cech

That's one hell combination of crazy and strange match. Credits for both teams. Personally, I like Ajax and hopefully they can repeat their performance and achievement of last season. 

We all know since the beginning that away to Spain match will be the crucial one, even if we lose today. So looking forward for that match, and tell you what, I won't even mad if we're not advance to the next round. Sorry to say this, but no way we're gonna win CL this year. In EL, frankly to say we've a much better chance.

Whatever happen, I still have a confident for this team. KTBFFH!

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

you say 'fair weather'

and THEN

go and rip the same players I ripped (in fact MORE than I did), roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Only difference is mine was not a knee jerk to us losing/drawing. 

I have no probkem ripping into players and managers, but it's the timing which makes the whole difference. 

Support the team atleast when the game is still live. Have the basic decency of supporting. Once it's done, give whatever assessments you want. 

Even if we had won 5-4, I would still be livid with a lot of players. You cant concede 4 and be happy. But atleast give the same players their 90 minutes of allotted time to prove themselves or right their wrongs.

Even more vitally why we can't afford to lose next game is, if Ajax beat Lille as expected and Valencia beat us, both teams can play out for a draw in the last game which will ensure that both qualify and we know we have seen that before.Valencia would be content with getting second spot and leaving top spot to Ajax too, which is another factor. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Shit, I forgot H2H would come into effect with three teams in the picture.

Have our fate in our own hands to top the group after 4 games, so I can't argue.

Avoiding defeat at Valencia is absolutely vital! If we lose there, then we must beat Lille and hope Ajax lose to Valencia (assuming Ajax beat Lille next).

7 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

That's one hell combination of crazy and strange match. Credits for both teams. Personally, I like Ajax and hopefully they can repeat their performance and achievement of last season. 

We all know since the beginning that away to Spain match will be the crucial one, even if we lose today. So looking forward for that match, and tell you what, I won't even mad if we're not advance to the next round. Sorry to say this, but no way we're gonna win CL this year. In EL, frankly to say we've a much better chance.

Whatever happen, I still have a confident for this team. KTBFFH!

The CL you literally only have to be in to win. Many people were toying with the idea of dropping into Europa for a "better chance of silverware" in 2011 aswell.

Furthermore CL isn't just about winning it, we've created so many memories in the competition during season's we didn't win it so I want to stay in and try to create more.